amboea Multi Delay effect released (UPDATED)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

150% increase: Yes this looks much easier to use. I think there is no need to be any bigger than that.

Presets and new patches: I personally am overwhelmed with all of the possible combinations and so for the moment, I am still in preset-discovery mode and minor tweaks around those. I do not yet have the courage and knowledge to take a deep dive and start coming up with stuff from scratch.

deal. my ears need a rest, so i'd expect this by monday.

thanks for the feedback.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:Image
http://www.xoxos.net/vst/DEMOamboea.zip - limited by quiet noise every 40 seconds

http://www.xoxos.net/vst/mp3/amboea_synth.mp3 - pad/ambient applications
http://www.xoxos.net/vst/mp3/amboea_vox.mp3 - delay configuration/glitch patches

amboea is a multitap/multidelay effect designed for ambient music. it arose from this discussion where i proposed a delay with irregularly spaced echoes. spirit described an effect that had varying synced echoes for ambient music, and this is my interpretation.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=306920

featureset:
- 8 stereo biquad filtered, panned integer delay lines

- serial or parallel configuration

- algorithmic crossfading before or after delay lines

- windowed pitch shifting

- randomised lfo modulation of feedback amount (optionally amp or cutoff)

the main idea was that amboea would delay parts of the sound by different synced periods, with modulated feedback (as heard towards the end of the 'synth' mp3). i implemented this as eight parallel delays with long crossfading so that switching delay lengths wouldn't cut off previous echoes. of course, with different crossfade times and speeds, it can do glitch/buffer override as easily as long, smooth ambient.

it does take a bit of careful preparative patching for this effect to make sure feedback modulation is appropriate (xfading only functions when clock is running, set select to 8 to turn all taps on then solo them with the amp sliders). it's cpu intensive in most modes, eg. the higher numbered algorithms.

it can also be used to tailor delay effects, ie. the 'triplets' preset, make subsequent echoes increase in volume instead of decrease, et c. you can set delay length to zero and use different filter/amp/panning with the crossfader for various algorithmic effects. the irregularly spaced echoes patches sound good in ambient music as well (eg. incidental sounds on top of a pad).

if you like severed heads, these were made using the 'ser filter' preset in development and changing the feedback tap assignment -
http://www.xoxos.net/temp/amboea1.mp3
http://www.xoxos.net/vst/mp3/amboea3.mp3

it's not designed for modulated delay length. int length delays have the best signal reproduction (the sample that goes in is the same value coming out).

the introductory price is $10 via paypal, it will go up to $15 on march 1st.
This looks beautyfull! Sounds great, $10 ?? I'm in :tu: Oh! With some creativity this could be applied to just about any music.

EDIT: Bought! Thanks XOXOS ! PS: On the matter of the GUI, I'd to see it wider, Fabfilter just widened Vocano and its really nice, but after all you are the master. thanks again sensei :hail:
Last edited by abstractcats on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The 150% GUI is really more usable. More vertical space between sliders could give more ... mmmm... space ? :) But it's not an absolute necessity.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

i be back.
:P
ImageImageImageImage

edit.. removed note for customer re: delivery..
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I am very sad. I KNOW I would love this, but Kaspersky see's CK_LINE_DROP.SEP as a "nasty"...so...with my computer situation the way it is presently, I cannot run this.
I may have to send a note to them, but I've tried in the past. Usually "they are right and you (the customer) are wrong" about whatever may be creating false positives on their perfect software...
at any rate, Congrats on this plug, xoxos! I know it will yeild wonderful things (even for ME...eventually ;) )

that module is only in the demo. i can recode it :p

i don't know why so many hosts don't like ck modules.. collusion, asm subroutines?? hang about.. or can you borrow one to test from a friend?? :D

I think I'm gonna buy it since it's only 10, and you said the Line_Drop issue is only in the demo, but I do get a "Can't load Module. 'Line_Drop_CK2005'" error.
Just another fyi.

It is still usable, but there is constant white noise mixed with the signal.

Shabdahbriah wrote:
xoxos wrote:Image

this is a 150% enlargement, sliders ~76 x 12. any better?
MUCH mo bett'a :love:

+ 1 !

Yahoo, the bigger GUI is definitely better, not quite there yet for me, but it steps into usability realm. Is this a consideration, a plan or... I'm curious, in this case GUI size would be a deal breaker for me, so I'd like to know if / when big one is available.

xoxos wrote:that module is only in the demo. i can recode it :p

i don't know why so many hosts don't like ck modules.. collusion, asm subroutines?? hang about.. or can you borrow one to test from a friend?? :D
ya...no worries...good to know that mod is only in the demo...so, I bought. :D
I'll let you know how it behaves ;)

Thanks!

..just bought it. Now waiting for a mail with a download link, and hoping for a bigger GUI than the one the demo have

Zombie Queen wrote:when big one is available.
it's definate. life's been busier than normal lately, so when i can't answer. i won't embarass myself by saying how long it's been, i went out yesterday.. at night.. with people..! i don't know how i'm going to get things done anymore :)

getting there.. :shrug:

Return to “Effects”