Share your strumming patterns

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know if there's already a place for this but wouldn't it be cool if we all shared some of our strumming patterns here?

I'm not too good at making these patterns but I'll start, here are some midi's. The names are formatted like this <Name Of The Preset>-<Name Of The Pattern>.midi

A zip-file which contains all the patterns below:
Strumming_Patterns.zip

- PowerChords-Basic_Pattern_1.mid
- PowerChords-Basic_Pattern_2.mid
- PowerChords-Basic_Pattern_3.mid
- BasicStrum-Eight_Strum1.mid
- BasicStrum-Eight_Strum2.mid
- BasicStrum-Sixteenth_Strum1.mid
- BasicStrum-Muted_Strum1.mid

If there's a lot of interest in this I can host all the midi files on my server and update this post with newly added links.
Last edited by timbesamusca on Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ooh, cool idea! Do these all use the "Powerchords" preset as their names might suggest?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Hi Greg,

Yes they use the Powerchords preset. Don't expect too much of them though :), I'm still learning how to make good patterns for Evolution guitar. I will try to make some more patterns and upload them!

Nice, these are all really solid, useful patterns! It has me thinking--I'm not sure if having a sequencer for patterns built into the new K4 Evolution engine is feasible, but what if you could save your own patterns into Evolution by sequencing them in your DAW, and then playing them back into Evolution? These recorded MIDI patterns could then be assigned to MIDI keys and triggered.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

will it be possible to zip them all in one archive, everytime i try to load them i have an empty mid file.
TIA

Gregjazz wrote:Nice, these are all really solid, useful patterns! It has me thinking--I'm not sure if having a sequencer for patterns built into the new K4 Evolution engine is feasible, but what if you could save your own patterns into Evolution by sequencing them in your DAW, and then playing them back into Evolution? These recorded MIDI patterns could then be assigned to MIDI keys and triggered.
Sounds like a great idea to me...

diversgens wrote:will it be possible to zip them all in one archive, everytime i try to load them i have an empty mid file.
TIA
I can do that, with timnl85's permission. I got the blank MIDI files at first, until I realized that the links actually go to html pages with the actual MIDI file linked within.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Thanks Greg,

when i go to the page the quicktime plugin read the file but i can't save it.
The "save the link as ..." give a blank midi file as said before.

I hope timnl85 will be ok, or perhaps the file can be save on a ftp directly.

Regards

When at the page, playing the MIDI files, if you use your browser's "View Source" functionality, you can see the direct link to the actual MIDI file, and save that.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Sometimes i feel stupid .... works well
Thanks Greg

So, I probably shouldn't tell you how long it took me to figure out what was going on... I was stumped for a while. :oops:
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Hmm.. here I can directly download the midi files. It probably depends on your browser's settings whether it tries to play the midi file with a plugin or download the file.

But here's a zip-file:
http://www.timbesamusca.com/files/Evolu ... tterns.zip

@Greg:
That sounds like a cool feature (although I probably would still use my sequencer's midi for the patterns). It kinda sounds like the older version which also had a patternsequencer built in.

I'll see if I can make some more patterns this week.

timnl85 wrote: @Greg:
That sounds like a cool feature (although I probably would still use my sequencer's midi for the patterns). It kinda sounds like the older version which also had a patternsequencer built in.
Yeah, it's tough to build in a complete pattern sequencer within Kontakt, especially when it comes to more complex rhythms.

With the proposed idea, you'd be able to just record in patterns that you've sequenced/performed, and have them instantly accessible from a single key in the future. You'd also be able to share these with other people, too, who could load them directly into EEG Strawberry / EAG Steel Strings rather than having to load separate MIDI files.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Thanks timnl85 for the pattern, it's very usefull.

@Greg: great idea as always, can't wait to test it

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”