Question about routing

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One one track in Live I have the Torch instrument with both strummer and sequenced set routed so that the midi output is recorded as a clip. On another track I have another copy of Torch with no strummer or sequencer set (therefore just triggering the samples).

I would have expected if the recorded clips were routed to the 2nd track the produced output would sound the same as the sound from the 1st instrument but this appears not to be the case.

Is there a method where I could capture the midi so I could later utilize just the sound engine and have it sound correct. Essentially I am trying to split the midi generation from the sound creation.

Also it is possible to just capture the output of the sequence section as recorded midi and feed that into another instance of torch that could then trigger the strummer and sound generation.

Although I am using Live the question is regarding the internal routing of the Torch instrument more so that the DAW its running on.
"It's alright to say things can only get better,
You haven't lost your brand new sweater.
Pure new wool, and perfect stitches,
Not the type of jumper that makes you itches."

Sultans of Ping

tboneUS wrote:One one track in Live I have the Torch instrument with both strummer and sequenced set routed so that the midi output is recorded as a clip. On another track I have another copy of Torch with no strummer or sequencer set (therefore just triggering the samples).

I would have expected if the recorded clips were routed to the 2nd track the produced output would sound the same as the sound from the 1st instrument but this appears not to be the case.

Is there a method where I could capture the midi so I could later utilize just the sound engine and have it sound correct. Essentially I am trying to split the midi generation from the sound creation.

Also it is possible to just capture the output of the sequence section as recorded midi and feed that into another instance of torch that could then trigger the strummer and sound generation.

Although I am using Live the question is regarding the internal routing of the Torch instrument more so that the DAW its running on.
Your best bet will probably be to record the midi output of the Strum Sequencer (by bypassing the Fretboard script) and trigger another instance of Torch with the sequencer off.

Here's what's happening-
When StrumMaker is active (with or without the strum sequencer), the script triggers different sample groups for each string, whereas without StrumMaker the script triggers a single sample group (actually 3, one for each pickup) that covers the full range of the guitar for normal playing. Not just that, but down and upstrokes are triggering separate groups.
For instance, an E3 is a different sample on the 9th fret of the 4th string, the 5th fret of the 5th string, and the open 6th string.

So try bypassing the Fretboard script using the script editor tab (you'll see the Bypass button) and record the midi output. It will play the pattern alternating between octaves. You can use that to trigger more than one instance of Torch that way.
Hope this helps.

TC

Return to “Indiginus”