stupid installation question

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi folks,

Sorry for the very stupid question but I bought Augustus Looper a couple years ago to do some live audio looping. Now I have a new computer and want to install it. I downloaded both the AU 2.3.3 and the VST 2.3.3. I placed the files in the Library (root) - Audio - Plug-ins - Components / VST. Restarted the computer. Started up Logic. Nothing shows up. (I'm looking in Inserst - Audio Units, just a bunch of Apple files in there.) I then tried placing them in the home Library, same configuration. Still no dice. What could I be doing wrong?

Many thanks for assistance!

- Fredo Viola

Did you unpack the files? I.e. do they still have the .tgz file extension, or are they showing as .component/.vst files?

os wrote:Did you unpack the files? I.e. do they still have the .tgz file extension, or are they showing as .component/.vst files?
First of all, thanks so much for your response.

They unpacked fine. The thing is, the file doesn't have a .component name. I put it into the component folder anyway. And I even tried editing the name with a .component ending, but nothing works.

If it doesn't have a .component name, it didn't unpack fine.

So you downloaded augustusloop_2_3_3.tgz, and double clicked that file. What file did it produce when it unarchived it?

Return to “Expert Sleepers”