What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

How To Install Rhino Preset Bundle No-brainer?

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com

Moderator: Big Tick

dmbaer
KVRist

356 posts since 11 Nov, 2009, from Northern CA

Postby dmbaer; Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:49 pm How To Install Rhino Preset Bundle No-brainer?

Bought the $25 bundle and downloaded all the zip files yesterday. But I'm clueless as to how to install.

While I'm here, I'd like to ask a related question. Is there a way to move the Rhino presets to an alternate location? I like to keep anything that occupies non-trivial amounts of space on my D drive. Looks like some of the presets in the no-brainer bundle have a moderately large footprint.

Thanks for any help.
standalone
KVRAF

5520 posts since 8 May, 2008, from ssssskipping ......... I left you there

Postby standalone; Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:01 pm

I did this and it worked (read all posts):

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 91#4690791

The banks must be placed in the 'presets' folder inside the Rhino data folder mentioned in that thread.
winds350
KVRist

121 posts since 12 Jan, 2007

Postby winds350; Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Unzip them and put the .fxb files into the presets directory and the .vfs files into the waves directory. If you start Rhino and click on the Info button on the top right, it will tell you where the Rhino stuff is located. It calls it the Setup directory.
Big Tick
KVRAF

2942 posts since 28 May, 2001, from New York, NY

Postby Big Tick; Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:27 pm

dmbaer wrote:Is there a way to move the Rhino presets to an alternate location? I like to keep anything that occupies non-trivial amounts of space on my D drive. Looks like some of the presets in the no-brainer bundle have a moderately large footprint.

Yes - move your Rhino data folder anywhere you want, and then change the path in the registry accordingly, at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigTick\Rhino2\path
dmbaer
KVRist

356 posts since 11 Nov, 2009, from Northern CA

Postby dmbaer; Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:20 pm

Thanks to all for the super-timely responses.

Moderator: Big Tick

Return to Big Tick