What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Vortex VSTi - Multi Timbral Groove Machine Beta

Official support for: hgsounds.com

Moderator: Astralp

Astralp
KVRian

1105 posts since 25 Feb, 2005, from UK

Postby Astralp; Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:02 pm Vortex VSTi - Multi Timbral Groove Machine Beta

Vortex - See this page for all info/audio demos/Videos

Andy
Last edited by Astralp on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
gwill
KVRist

232 posts since 28 Dec, 2003, from Gravel Switch, Kentucky

Postby gwill; Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Beta link above redirects to hg homepage -- please fix!

Greg Williams
Astralp
KVRian

Postby Astralp; Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:59 pm

oops! Sorry about that Greg, fixed now.
shanecgriffo
KVRAF

3701 posts since 27 Nov, 2003, from beach side australia

Postby shanecgriffo; Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:20 pm

will download and test, thanks ,
looks very interesting and should be great i imagine- if arp is anything to go by! :)
Astralp
KVRian

Postby Astralp; Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:30 pm

If you like the Step sequencer side of arp then this takes that and runs a marathon :)
musikmachine
KVRAF

8398 posts since 2 Oct, 2006, from ,Location, Location

Postby musikmachine; Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:26 pm

:hyper:
musikmachine
KVRAF

8398 posts since 2 Oct, 2006, from ,Location, Location

Postby musikmachine; Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Bugs:

Timing issue in FL, the loop resets itself randomly. Seems to be a graphic redraw problem as well. Also whenever i edit the velocity there is a zippering noise.

Also in FL i tried using a midi out to change the pitch on CH16 sending midi on port 1 but it didn't work. Sequence seemed to get stuck and just kept looping.

When doubling a pattern the step data and velocity values aren't copied, just the notes. I can only draw individual steps in the velocity lane as well, not sure what the control is for drawing lanes.

In cantabile keeps crashing but i think it's due to JBridge as i've tried several different plugins. Win 7 64bit.

Apart from that, looking good. :hihi:
Janusz Grzybek
KVRist

134 posts since 25 Apr, 2011, from Poland

Postby Janusz Grzybek; Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:17 am

Hi,

I tried today download Vortex, but unfortunately, your website currently doesn't work. I'll try later.

...PIPA :D?

Janusz
Last edited by Janusz Grzybek on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yamaha 01x + 2 x i88X, Muse Receptor Pro, Kawai K5000W, Novation Supernova, Nektar Panorama P4, Yamaha RM1x, TC Electronic FireworX, Behringer BCR2000, rack mounted PC, Win 8 32-bit, PreSonus Studio One Pro, FL Studio, Bitwig Studio, lot of VST plug-ins
gwill
KVRist

232 posts since 28 Dec, 2003, from Gravel Switch, Kentucky

Postby gwill; Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:19 am

Just bought -- with abundant confidence in Andy's bug-fixing and plug-improvement talents, based on his diligence and prodigious abilities in the past, especially with ARP! Vortex could be 2012's monster plug, I think!!

Feature request -- on/off switching for the (to be added) built-in synth, so the synth doesn't add to CPU use when it is not being used.

Thanks!

Greg Williams
Janusz Grzybek
KVRist

134 posts since 25 Apr, 2011, from Poland

Postby Janusz Grzybek; Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:34 am

PIPA passed me :D... and I visited site at last.
I bought Vortex on spec, but I trust Andy and believe it will be great plug-in :).

Janusz
Yamaha 01x + 2 x i88X, Muse Receptor Pro, Kawai K5000W, Novation Supernova, Nektar Panorama P4, Yamaha RM1x, TC Electronic FireworX, Behringer BCR2000, rack mounted PC, Win 8 32-bit, PreSonus Studio One Pro, FL Studio, Bitwig Studio, lot of VST plug-ins
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

3616 posts since 16 Dec, 2002, from over there

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:31 am

Hi. Just purchased but no download link is available. Is that correct?
Nielzie
KVRAF

4839 posts since 28 May, 2005, from Netherlands

Postby Nielzie; Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:41 am

gwill wrote:Just bought -- with abundant confidence in Andy's bug-fixing and plug-improvement talents, based on his diligence and prodigious abilities in the past, especially with ARP!

+1 :)
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

3616 posts since 16 Dec, 2002, from over there

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:12 am

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Hi. Just purchased but no download link is available. Is that correct?

Still in beta, duh!
ezelkow1
KVRian

1277 posts since 15 Jan, 2010, from Denver

Postby ezelkow1; Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:01 am

gwill wrote:Just bought -- with abundant confidence in Andy's bug-fixing and plug-improvement talents, based on his diligence and prodigious abilities in the past, especially with ARP! Vortex could be 2012's monster plug, I think!!

+1

Tell ya the truth I already have a few similar plugins, but after hooking up the padkontrol and defining the cc's, managed to waste an hour alone just with one of the presets, switching between the sequences and using the pads for the effects. They definitely make it fun to use and could easily see some cool stuff coming out of it just by messing around for a little while with even a basic sequence. So yea, had to buy this morning
Astralp
KVRian

Postby Astralp; Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:13 am

Thanks everyone, glad that you are liking so far, definitely play with the triggers they are a lot of fun!

MM Thanks for the bug report nobody finds them like you :)

I'll work on the bugs tomorrow, today I'm focused on getting the synth engine ready, I have a single working version so far. The idea is to keep it as simple as possible, I'm determined to keep Vortex easy to use throughout. It will be like a rompler with banks of presets, I'm working on some presets now and it's sounding good. I'm hoping to get the synth engine into the next beta, sometime today or tomorrow.

Greg, I will do my best to minimize CPU when it is not used :)

Ok, back to it...
Next

Moderator: Astralp

Return to Homegrown Sounds