What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Bitwig Studio announced

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF
 
7475 posts since 6 Jul, 2004
 

Postby headquest; Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:21 am

trimph1 wrote:Looking for preorders, perhaps? :hihi:


More to the point, a lot of their actions suggest they are running out of money and looking for outside investors. Hence an early announcement before NAMM to generate buzz, and demonstrating that retailers are committed to stocking it, etc.

They have even announced the features of Version 2.0 before version 1.0 is in beta! how desperate is that?

A lot of business techniques these days revolve around attracting equity via spin and pulling off a confidence trick. I'm looking forward to seeing these guys pitch on the next series of Dragon's Den :hihi:
Banned

Postby gpunk; Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:33 am

todd_r wrote:DV247 are most likely just guessing the price, we need some proper news!


DV247 are not given to guessing prices ;)

headquest wrote:More to the point, a lot of their actions suggest they are running out of money and looking for outside investors. Hence an early announcement before NAMM to generate buzz, and demonstrating that retailers are committed to stocking it, etc.

They have even announced the features of Version 2.0 before version 1.0 is in beta! how desperate is that?

A lot of business techniques these days revolve around attracting equity via spin and pulling off a confidence trick. I'm looking forward to seeing these guys pitch on the next series of Dragon's Den :hihi:


Sadly this could very well be the case :(
User avatar
KVRAF
 
8272 posts since 2 Oct, 2006, from ,Location, Location

Postby musikmachine; Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:41 am

spaceman wrote:So, have you all sold your current host already in anticipation of the Bitwig release?

I heard hibidy sold Reaper. :o
“There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance” ― Ali Bin Abi Thalib

Too many daws...
User avatar
KVRAF
 
9639 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia
 

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:42 am

A lot of business techniques these days revolve around attracting equity via spin and pulling off a confidence trick.

... 32 pages of speculation, BS, and other random nonsense on KVR (not to mention other sites) and it looks to me like the BWS marketing department did an absolutely stunning, out-of-this-world job building some nice hype for their new product.

Peace,
Andy.
KVRAF
 
2689 posts since 29 May, 2009, from New Zealand
 

Postby GeorgeZ; Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:47 am

musikmachine wrote:
spaceman wrote:So, have you all sold your current host already in anticipation of the Bitwig release?

I heard hibidy sold Reaper. :o

Hmmm, so that's what this "2012, end of the world" business is about. Makes sense now...
Image VST Banks
KVRian
 
815 posts since 15 Aug, 2003, from seattle

Postby machinesworking; Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:04 am

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
A lot of business techniques these days revolve around attracting equity via spin and pulling off a confidence trick.

... 32 pages of speculation, BS, and other random nonsense on KVR (not to mention other sites) and it looks to me like the BWS marketing department did an absolutely stunning, out-of-this-world job building some nice hype for their new product.

Quoted for truth. Headquest, you're a hopeless Live fanboy!
It comes through in every post! :lol:

So am I, but I'm more of a fickle b*tch, if Bitwig have a superior workflow then I'm very interested. This along with the actual feature set is something we simply do not know yet.
One thing, I think they did a better job with creating a buzz than Ohm Studio has or Studio One. That's good marketing more than desperation IMO.
KVRAF
 
3087 posts since 17 Aug, 2004

Postby kmonkey; Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:15 am

headquest wrote:
trimph1 wrote:Looking for preorders, perhaps? :hihi:


More to the point, a lot of their actions suggest they are running out of money and looking for outside investors. Hence an early announcement before NAMM to generate buzz, and demonstrating that retailers are committed to stocking it, etc.

They have even announced the features of Version 2.0 before version 1.0 is in beta! how desperate is that?

A lot of business techniques these days revolve around attracting equity via spin and pulling off a confidence trick. I'm looking forward to seeing these guys pitch on the next series of Dragon's Den :hihi:


You are very right about business techniques but imho everything you said for them could be just pure speculation and there isn't any single evidence to support that. I suppose you won't call their announcement some kind of proof for your claim because these days there isn't any company which i know that doesn't do this type of advertisement prior product release.

We should wait and see.

A lot of nonsense in this thread. Well at least they have success in generating buzz that's it.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
5421 posts since 13 Feb, 2006, from Wiesmoor, Germany
   

Postby Bronto Scorpio; Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:31 am

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
A lot of business techniques these days revolve around attracting equity via spin and pulling off a confidence trick.

... 32 pages of speculation, BS, and other random nonsense on KVR (not to mention other sites) and it looks to me like the BWS marketing department did an absolutely stunning, out-of-this-world job building some nice hype for their new product.

Peace,
Andy.
:tu:
User avatar
KVRAF
 
7979 posts since 9 Jan, 2004, from leroyaumeuni

Postby spaceman; Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:38 am

They managed to generate hype on Kvr. That's about it.

Having said that, even a twitter message sent out by a cat by accident can generate hype on Kvr. So I'm not sure that the waffle on Kvr should be seen as a measure of marketing success.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth
KVRian
 
693 posts since 21 Jan, 2006, from Athens, Greece

Postby ZINO; Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:47 am

Babya logic threads had several pages as well... :D
KVRAF
 
7475 posts since 6 Jul, 2004
 

Postby headquest; Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:57 am

ZINO wrote:Babya logic threads had several pages as well... :D


LOL.

The Bitwig announcement got a brief mention in Computer Music magazine, but Future Music, Music Tech Magazine and Sound on Sound all ignored it. So not an "out-of-this-world job building some nice hype for their new product" type of marketing success just yet ZenPunkHippy ;)

@ machinesworking: :lol: :oops:
KVRist
 
224 posts since 17 Apr, 2008

Postby Goratrix; Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:58 am

headquest wrote:A lot of business techniques these days revolve around attracting equity via spin and pulling off a confidence trick. I'm looking forward to seeing these guys pitch on the next series of Dragon's Den :hihi:

This is how it works in the USA and UK... Bitwig are a German company. Business ethics are quite different there.
KVRer
 
17 posts since 25 Aug, 2004, from Germany
 

Postby soehngenetic; Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:14 am

Goratrix wrote:
headquest wrote:A lot of business techniques these days revolve around attracting equity via spin and pulling off a confidence trick. I'm looking forward to seeing these guys pitch on the next series of Dragon's Den :hihi:

This is how it works in the USA and UK... Bitwig are a German company. Business ethics are quite different there.

Is there a second "Germany" anywhere around? - I'm quite sure the one you're talking about can't be the one I'm living. :hihi:

So, can we call it "100% official" now that there has to be a second Germany, because you know that business ethics are different there from the Germany I'm living? ;)

Seriously... by far not every German company has ethics than f.e. U-He has.
KVRian
 
693 posts since 21 Jan, 2006, from Athens, Greece

Postby ZINO; Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:30 am

soehngenetic wrote:
Goratrix wrote:
headquest wrote:A lot of business techniques these days revolve around attracting equity via spin and pulling off a confidence trick. I'm looking forward to seeing these guys pitch on the next series of Dragon's Den :hihi:

This is how it works in the USA and UK... Bitwig are a German company. Business ethics are quite different there.

Is there a second "Germany" anywhere around? - I'm quite sure the one you're talking about can't be the one I'm living. :hihi:

So, can we call it "100% official" now that there has to be a second Germany, because you know that business ethics are different there from the Germany I'm living? ;)

Seriously... by far not every German company has ethics than f.e. U-He has.


True...

My ENGL amp for example has very low ethic. It wakes up the whole neighbourhood at night! :hihi:
KVRAF
 
13038 posts since 23 Jun, 2010, from north of London ON
 

Postby trimph1; Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:49 am

kmonkey wrote:
headquest wrote:
trimph1 wrote:Looking for preorders, perhaps? :hihi:


More to the point, a lot of their actions suggest they are running out of money and looking for outside investors. Hence an early announcement before NAMM to generate buzz, and demonstrating that retailers are committed to stocking it, etc.

They have even announced the features of Version 2.0 before version 1.0 is in beta! how desperate is that?

A lot of business techniques these days revolve around attracting equity via spin and pulling off a confidence trick. I'm looking forward to seeing these guys pitch on the next series of Dragon's Den :hihi:


You are very right about business techniques but imho everything you said for them could be just pure speculation and there isn't any single evidence to support that. I suppose you won't call their announcement some kind of proof for your claim because these days there isn't any company which i know that doesn't do this type of advertisement prior product release.

We should wait and see.

A lot of nonsense in this thread. Well at least they have success in generating buzz that's it.


I am going with the idea that there might be a problem with cash flow. I have seen this in other areas as well...

In the model railroad hobby this has become something of a trend now. A fair number of manufacturers are now looking at limited runs of product, in this case locomotives, the thing is to generate hype about a particular locomotive with pre-production models displayed at various trainshows then to say that one can preorder the locomotive through their nearest local hobby shop. The issue in this case is that because these are limited runs the prices are usually high and demand then becomes higher.

I am kind of thinking that BW is doing themselves a disservice by asking that much for what is a new product that does not even have any foothold, at least yet.
Barry
The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran
http://www.ambientonline.org/
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)