What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Anyone have Digital Sound Factory Z3TA+ 2 Wave Scapes?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Old Crab
KVRist

393 posts since 10 Dec, 2004

Postby Old Crab; Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:18 am Anyone have Digital Sound Factory Z3TA+ 2 Wave Scapes?

I was wondering if this product is a set of presets or not.

http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=10-DSWS1.00-20E

The descriptions says "Included are 270 programs, new waveforms, and MIDI sequences."
Would I need to load each one individually or are they organized like other preset expansions - grouped into categories?

I have the Mutant Rebellion expansion and like it a lot.

OC
jsp1979
KVRAF

1744 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Postby jsp1979; Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:42 pm

I own it. It's 270 presets, many of which use custom wave files that are included with the pack

Digital Sound Factory has some presets in the Factory Bank. They're labeled DSF, so you can try those out and see how you like them. Also, the DSF site runs sales from time to time (there may be one now). You have to be on the email list to get the code to use, so it's worth signing up to download the freebies and get occasional sales codes.

I don't have the Mutant expansion pack so I can't compare them to the DSF pack. Overall, the DSF is a bit tame and lo-fi sounding. The included .wav files that you can use later are good additions. The only thing about that pack that I find odd is that the ADSR envelopes on the pads have attack at essentially zero. Of course, you can use them as pads, but I'm used to pads having a reasonably slow attack on the presets on virtually any synth.
Old Crab
KVRist

393 posts since 10 Dec, 2004

Postby Old Crab; Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:46 pm

jsp1979 wrote:I own it. It's 270 presets, many of which use custom wave files that are included with the pack

Digital Sound Factory has some presets in the Factory Bank. They're labeled DSF, so you can try those out and see how you like them. Also, the DSF site runs sales from time to time (there may be one now). You have to be on the email list to get the code to use, so it's worth signing up to download the freebies and get occasional sales codes.

I don't have the Mutant expansion pack so I can't compare them to the DSF pack. Overall, the DSF is a bit tame and lo-fi sounding. The included .wav files that you can use later are good additions. The only thing about that pack that I find odd is that the ADSR envelopes on the pads have attack at essentially zero. Of course, you can use them as pads, but I'm used to pads having a reasonably slow attack on the presets on virtually any synth.
Thanks very much for the info. I agree about pads. I frequently wind up adjusting the attack and sometimes release on pads as well.
I'll get on the DSF mailing list.

Thanks again! :)

OC

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments