What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Steinberg Padshop

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Marcus797
KVRist

165 posts since 27 Jul, 2008

Postby Marcus797; Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:45 pm

PAK wrote:FWIW (nothing certain) Cubase users can maybe expect Padshop to be bundled free of charge with Cubase 6.5 - if/when it's launched at Musikmesse.

FWIW I think you can maybe expect this NOT to happen...
twolegstoneworks
KVRian

1332 posts since 12 Jun, 2003, from Denmark

Postby twolegstoneworks; Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:50 pm

Marcus797 wrote:
PAK wrote:FWIW (nothing certain) Cubase users can maybe expect Padshop to be bundled free of charge with Cubase 6.5 - if/when it's launched at Musikmesse.

+1 to that. But one could hope a bit of that granular stuff would make it into HALion 4 at least.
music // vibrants // soundcloud
soundsets for synths // twolegstoneworks
PAK
KVRist

471 posts since 19 Feb, 2003

Postby PAK; Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:46 am

Marcus797 wrote:

We'll see.. won't we? But it's likely to be true FYI ;)
Giusmex
KVRian

785 posts since 20 Mar, 2010

Postby Giusmex; Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:19 am

cubase 6.5?

where are the news on that?

anyway, when will padshop be available?

i really want it i gt impressed with the very first paddish sound frm the video
Metaplan
KVRer

1 post since 24 Feb, 2012

Postby Metaplan; Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Sampleconstruct wrote:What a silly concept it is to offer a Granular synthesis Plug-In with no sample import.
This is indeed an amusing prejudgement! And this even though no one had the chance to work with it up to now.

Where were you and where are you when they introduce subtractive Synthesizer with only a hand full of waveforms and no sample import?

Padshop should come with hundreds of samples which can easily be multiplied because of its nature and handling as grains. So, what is the point?

It's of course of vital importance that most audible spectra are covered though!
ZINO
KVRian

741 posts since 21 Jan, 2006, from Athens, Greece

Postby ZINO; Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:17 am

Bronto Scorpio
KVRAF

5596 posts since 13 Feb, 2006, from Wiesmoor, Germany

Postby Bronto Scorpio; Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:37 am

ZINO wrote:http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-product-alert/704140-steinberg-cubase-6-5-a.html

:)
Nice :)
It seems like Padshop will really be included in the Cubase 6.5 update :)
It's still useless without sample import but free things are always nice :)
Where did the whole "It can't import samples" thing even come from?

Cheers
Dennis
twolegstoneworks
KVRian

1332 posts since 12 Jun, 2003, from Denmark

Postby twolegstoneworks; Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:02 am

It this is true and Padshop really will be included in the next Cubase update, it would've been nice to have this info from Steinberg directly to prevent Cubase users from buying a product which they'll get for free within the coming month(s) anyway...

And the "cant import samples" is related to the specifications of Padshop, which states a ROM-bank of samples to choose from for making own custom sounds. No mention of any sort of import-options - not even drag'n'drop from within Cubase.
music // vibrants // soundcloud
soundsets for synths // twolegstoneworks
standalone
KVRAF

5512 posts since 8 May, 2008, from ssssskipping ......... I left you there

Postby standalone; Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:46 am

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
ZINO wrote:http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-product-alert/704140-steinberg-cubase-6-5-a.html

:)
Nice :)
It seems like Photoshop will really be included in the Cubase 6.5 update :)

Fixed

:hihi:
4damind
KVRAF

3456 posts since 17 Aug, 2004, from Berlin, Germany

Postby 4damind; Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:03 am

It would make sense to bundle it with Cubase 6.5 and give other users the option to buy it for their non-Cubase VST3 host. It's very cheap and VST3 only and to be honest Cubase lacks a bit good synth plug-ins.
If no eLicenser USB dongle is needed than it uses the soft-eLicenser?

Btw. I don't expect that Steinberg will completely move away from eLicenser. It's a relatively good working copy protection and the handling for the user is easy.
Frank Arnold Musician & IT Freelancer

Visit me on:
Facebook | Soundcloud | 4damind.com
PAK
KVRist

471 posts since 19 Feb, 2003

Postby PAK; Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:45 am

Well, I said Padshop would come free with Cubase 6.5.. which is correct.

But Cubase 6.5 is apparently NOT a free update. Steinberg expect you to pay for it if you bought Cubase before Jan 1st 2012 (I think). Not a very nice development. I think they've said they'll release price details tomorrow (Wednesday).
Compyfox
KVRAF

11088 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:49 am

PADSHOP itself is listed for 50EUR as well.

But I'm also thinking of "deal breaker" if you can't load own samples. Then again, neither does the other bundled Steinberg stuff unless it's "Steinberg".

Suddenly the 50EUR update doesn't look interesting anymore.
jdieks
KVRist

58 posts since 6 May, 2005

Postby jdieks; Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:28 am

Most "romplers" can't load samples and they've been used in 1000s of records and many of them (the records) don't sound the same too. Some limitations can cause you not to be lazy...
BertKoor
KVRAF

8290 posts since 8 Mar, 2005, from Utrecht, Holland

Postby BertKoor; Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:37 am

jdieks wrote:Most "romplers" can't load samples and they've been used in 1000s of records and many of them (the records) don't sound the same too. Some limitations can cause you not to be lazy...
+1. And does e.g. Omnisphere support loading user samples? Did that hurt it's popularity? I guess not...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is back online!!
Neon Breath
KVRAF

1765 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Postby Neon Breath; Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:41 am

BertKoor wrote:
jdieks wrote:Most "romplers" can't load samples and they've been used in 1000s of records and many of them (the records) don't sound the same too. Some limitations can cause you not to be lazy...
+1. And does e.g. Omnisphere support loading user samples? Did that hurt it's popularity? I guess not...

Well good points and I'm sure Padshop will definitly dig its way in and find its users. Still, to me at least, a granular synth that doesn't allow you to use your own samples and the sounds of your choice doesn't make sense.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments