What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Tone2 Saurus Teaser - Competition - KVR Giveaway

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
mellotronaut
KVRAF
 
9970 posts since 2 Jan, 2005, from somewhere in the woods

Postby mellotronaut; Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:25 am

ooopsss ... did i miss something?

redbull academy :-o :uhuhuh:

tagged: Wagner, Bayreuth, Dragonblood, Opera, Soprano, Bariton, Siegfried, Kriemhild
"It dreamed itself along"
User avatar
Ingonator
KVRAF
 
7903 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:27 am

Wow, it's crazy how easily threads about new synths here at KVR could turn into a flame war. I'll try to not to contribute to that flame war and instead go back playing with the synth mentioned (both Saurus and Diva and Synthmaster too...).

My own comparison of Saurus and Diva was not for or against any of the both synths. It was just a comparison and to show Saurus could sound analog like and not to show it could sound exactly like Diva.
So this is hopefully my last Saurus vs Diva comment in this thread.

BTW it seems to be always a problem if developers are talking negative about products of other developers in public. Of course i also understand that they want to defend themselves (And their products) if they have the opinion that someone talks nonsense about their product.
As i do sound design myself i try to stay neutral or positive when i comment the work of other sound designers. If i find some sounds bad i usually either say nothing or comment it at a non-public place (e.g. PM).


Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Waldorf Beta Forum Manager
"Atmospheric Transients" for PPG Wave 3.V
"Analog vs Digital" for Blofeld
Win 7 64-bit / Live 9 / Reaper / Studio One 2.6 / Blofeld / Pulse 2 /Waldorf + Tone 2 plugins + others
User avatar
hakey
KVRAF
 
4788 posts since 25 Feb, 2008, from Babylon an ting

Postby hakey; Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:36 am

himalaya wrote:Have you really missed all that I wrote, the whole sense of all that I wrote and contributed? [...] perhaps try to see everything in its right context

Oh right. So I guess we're in agreement that cherry picking and then misrepresenting someone else's words in a way that distorts their position to one which is more easily refuted - aka building a strawman - that would be the sign of a poor argument, yeah?

-
Last edited by hakey on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
himalaya
KVRAF
 
3972 posts since 23 Mar, 2006, from pendeLondonmonium

Postby himalaya; Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:37 am

Ingonator wrote:
My own comparison of Saurus and Diva was not for or against any of the both synths. It was just a comparison and to show Saurus could sound analog like and not to show it could sound exactly like Diva.
So this is hopefully my last Saurus vs Diva comment in this thread.


Ingo


Ingo, that's what my input and intention was as well.

Sigh. :(
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
Fritze
KVRAF
 
1708 posts since 13 Aug, 2011, from Berlin

Postby Fritze; Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:38 am

himalaya wrote:The Diva example should be taken in relation to pdxindy's Saurus feedback demo. That is the comparison, not my Saurus clip in your quote!

Please, do not be offended, and perhaps try to see everything in its right context.

I'm not offended and don't want to take anything on a personal level here. I respect you and your opinion. I understand what you're saying about pdxindie's demo. I must have missed those bits of the conversation.
You were presenting two audios in your post to show that Saurus sounds "full, musical, with a woody quality" while you post a sound of Diva which has no chance to sound "full, musical, with a woody quality" when it is played several octaves higher. I wonder how these two exact sounds would compare if you would exchange only the midi of both?
You say that this was done to give all the right context? Not everybody is following the whole conversation and still listens to your examples. You don't think that this could lead to a false conclusion?
himalaya
KVRAF
 
3972 posts since 23 Mar, 2006, from pendeLondonmonium

Postby himalaya; Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:41 am

hakey wrote:
himalaya wrote:Have you really missed all that I wrote, the whole sense of all that I wrote and contributed? [...] perhaps try to see everything in its right context

Oh right. So I guess we're in agreement that cherry picking and then misrepresenting someone else's words in a way that distorts their position to one which is more easily refuted - aka building a strawman - that would be the sign of a poor argument, yeah?

-


Oh no. Again. :(

I already replied to that. Perhaps you missed it? In short, I used your first reactions to those clips. There was no manipulation of your text or building a 'strawman'. Read all again. ok?
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
User avatar
hakey
KVRAF
 
4788 posts since 25 Feb, 2008, from Babylon an ting

Postby hakey; Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:42 am

himalaya wrote:Read all again. ok?

Edit - I missed your reply.

Okay, friends. :)
Last edited by hakey on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
himalaya
KVRAF
 
3972 posts since 23 Mar, 2006, from pendeLondonmonium

Postby himalaya; Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:46 am

chacka wrote:I must have missed those bits of the conversation.



Then please follow, at least the very recent flow of conversation, as what you wriote has smeared my character, and that's not what you should be doing, right?

Not everybody is following the whole conversation and still listens to your examples. You don't think that this could lead to a false conclusion?


I can't have the power for people to read a page back. That's all you had to do before you showed me in bad light. I was talking with pdxindy and the flow was obvious, what was refered to what.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
himalaya
KVRAF
 
3972 posts since 23 Mar, 2006, from pendeLondonmonium

Postby himalaya; Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:47 am

hakey wrote:
himalaya wrote:In short, I used your first reactions to those clips. There was no manipulation of your text or building a 'strawman'. Read all again. ok?

cherry picking *is* manipulation


Cherry picking? Or seeing your first reaction to the clips. It is always the first reaction in comparisons like this that counts.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
GeorgeZ
KVRAF
 
2785 posts since 29 May, 2009, from New Zealand

Postby GeorgeZ; Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:54 am

Image

Image

...I'm off to go make some music, good day.
Eternitysound VST Banks
Fritze
KVRAF
 
1708 posts since 13 Aug, 2011, from Berlin

Postby Fritze; Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:00 am

himalaya wrote:
chacka wrote:I must have missed those bits of the conversation.



Then please follow, at least the very recent flow of conversation, as what you wriote has smeared my character, and that's not what you should be doing, right?

Not everybody is following the whole conversation and still listens to your examples. You don't think that this could lead to a false conclusion?


I can't have the power for people to read a page back. That's all you had to do before you showed me in bad light. I was talking with pdxindy and the flow was obvious, what was refered to what.

I don't want to smear your character. I just tried very politely to be on topic. And my "I might have missed something" comments were obviously too polite, sorry for that. Can we just leave it at that? No hard feelings here. :)
User avatar
hakey
KVRAF
 
4788 posts since 25 Feb, 2008, from Babylon an ting

Postby hakey; Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:03 am

himalaya wrote:Cherry picking?

see above edited post

And I still say there was cherry picking in order to misrepresent my position - I hadn't commented upon how analog or otherwise Saurus sounded, yet the misidentification of what was or wasn't analog was the theme of your post.

That theme was more-or-less "ha! fooled you - you can't tell which is which".

Thing is I had never claimed I could... and furthermore you neglected to include a comment in which I clearly indicated I couldn't - that is cherry picking and a classic strawman.
himalaya
KVRAF
 
3972 posts since 23 Mar, 2006, from pendeLondonmonium

Postby himalaya; Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:07 am

hakey wrote:
himalaya wrote:Read all again. ok?

Edit - I missed your reply.

Okay, friends. :)


Excellente! :)
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
User avatar
hakey
KVRAF
 
4788 posts since 25 Feb, 2008, from Babylon an ting

Postby hakey; Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:18 am

himalaya wrote:
hakey wrote:friends. :)

Excellente! :)

8)
User avatar
Examigan
KVRAF
 
2675 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from Connecticut, USA

Postby Examigan; Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:30 am

Without reading all 81 pages...is the giveaway still going on? If so, this is my reply (again)

8)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments