Eventide BlackHole in public beta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

some sounds examples would bee deeply appreciated.

antithesist wrote:
audiosabre wrote:
antithesist wrote:I need to try updating the ilok drivers, but I doubt that's it.
I actually think it could be the ilok drivers. VST would not work for me until I reinstalled the ilok drivers, even though they were up-to-date, literally as of the other day.

I thought that was weird. Anyway, good luck.
Thanks, I will try that later.
Still a no go, but I tried. I'll bet my stuff's not new enough for a developer that's maybe not so versed in backwards compatibility. At this point, I'm two OS's back and and one major version back on each of the applications I mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoO5H_r_8UU

A video comparing the plugin vs the hardware. Is it only me who thinks the hardware sounds a lot better ???

Blackinfinity wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoO5H_r_8UU

A video comparing the plugin vs the hardware. Is it only me who thinks the hardware sounds a lot better ???
They do sound a tiny bit different but i won't be quick to say one is better than the other (may be equally great). The plugin sounded a little 'darker' to me. I'm using my cheap Skype headphones right now and will use my studio Monitors later; but on first impression the plugin sounded good compared to the hardware wich is rare to me. I'd love to demo the actual plugin tho , sadly i won't; too bad it's iloked :x .
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

What do you mean hardware? They're both hardware to me considering I'd have to buy let another iLok to use the plug in. :lol: F that. I took my money and bought a used Lexicon MPX1 for the cost of the plug plus dongle. SCREW YOU EVENTIDE. :hihi:

That said, I've turned the corner on the dongle front. I'm boycotting iLok 2 enabled software. I already shelled out money for something that does nothing for me at all, now they want more... why? Buy hardware, it sounds better. The example showed it pretty well. I hooked up my Lexicon last night and was blown away at how good it sounded. Sure, I still love Reflect, but this thing does so much and cost about as much as a plug in.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Has anyone tried the SP2016?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:Has anyone tried the SP2016?
Yes.

:D

It was okish. Not the big wow factor I hoped for. Kinda limited, but grainy, if you like that sort of thing. I forced myself to like it since isn't wasn't cheap, but have moved on to more colorful, varied and expansive tails of decay more suitable for my quirky tastes.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

zerocrossing wrote:

What do you mean hardware? They're both hardware to me considering I'd have to buy let another iLok to use the plug in. :lol: F that. I took my money and bought a used Lexicon MPX1 for the cost of the plug plus dongle. SCREW YOU EVENTIDE. :hihi:

That said, I've turned the corner on the dongle front. I'm boycotting iLok 2 enabled software. I already shelled out money for something that does nothing for me at all, now they want more... why? Buy hardware, it sounds better. The example showed it pretty well. I hooked up my Lexicon last night and was blown away at how good it sounded. Sure, I still love Reflect, but this thing does so much and cost about as much as a plug in.
Interesting. I noticed a small difference but not a detrimental difference. Saying that the blackhole is something I like but do not need.

As for the anti iLok sentiments I wish all would put them to bed - if you dont like it good if you like them good. But put the flaming to bed please its tiresome, boring and unintelligent.

As for hardware vs software. I believe both have their place. So I guess you no longer desire to buy any more software or plugins for producing. Good for you real instruments, synths, mulitracks, reel to reels, mixing desks and outboards. $£$£$£$

I'd love to be able to afford all hardware. When I look at the number of emus' and plugins in the arsenal, I only wish I could afford hardware equivalents, let alone a property or place to hold it all :)

Now all you have to do is wait for Diva hardware (coming soon), Zebra, Synthmaster, Dune, Massive, Komplete, Waves and all the other devs to release all their software as hardware and you'll be happy :)

Nice thing with software if your pc fails it's an easy and relatively cheap fix. hardware failure - good luck :)

Personally I am looking forward to Eventids H series plugin....even if it's a handful of component algorithms I dont have 3-4K to spend on the hardware.

We look forward to hearing your review when you replace all your software with hardware :)

Peace

Hardware sounded a lot smoother to me.

Of course the plugin sounds much worse, because the H8000's "Black Hole" preset is made of algorithms that are much better. The plugin is supposedly based on the pedal which uses the same algorithms as Eclipse (v4.0) which has much lower quality/complexity algorithms than H8000.
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi

Why do these developers still use a hardware ilok ,its frustrating to see a plug in you might like trapped in the ilok world:-( as well as no Mac version oh well i can get the hardware version then:-)
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

MFXxx wrote: As for the anti iLok sentiments I wish all would put them to bed - if you dont like it good if you like them good. But put the flaming to bed please its tiresome, boring and unintelligent.
Well that's your ignorant opinion. My boring and unintelligent opinion says if I educate one person away from getting an iLok, my time was well spent. So I'd say at least my boring and unintelligent mind is trying to make things better for consumers, as opposed to you who's just a bore. :roll:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I just bought an Eventide Space stompbox and after checking out the beta, I will probably buy Blackhole.

The biggest difference between the plug-in and the stompbox has nothing to do with the sound, IMO. I find the stompbox to be much more playable than the plugin. While I can configure one of my midi controllers to work the same way as the pedals, I find the stompbox to be much more immediate. I can also route CVs from my modular synth to the expression pedal input for some really wacky modulations.

The biggest benefits of the plug-in is that it's easy to use, and I can have unlimited instances. Since the Blackhole algorithm is best suited for the kind of effect I'd use as an insert, I think I prefer using it as a plug-in. Where as I'm using the MangledVerb and ModEchoVerb algorithms on the stompbox as performance effects and the other algorithms (Plate and DualVerb being my favorite so far) as send FX.

As far as I'm concerned, Blackhole is a great special effect verb. I know Sean says that you can get close to this sound with Valhalla Shimmer but I kinda think it has more in common Ubermod. I find that Eventide effects compliment Valhalla effects very well.

It may be off topic but I find that I get along very well with the Eventide stompboxes (I have a PitchFactor in addition to Space and I will probably get a TimeFactor eventually) and my experience with the Eventide Anthology TDM has been very positive. Since Eventide and Soundtoys have gone native and the Valhalla DSP emerged on the market, my lust for an H8000 has diminished significantly. Don't get me wrong, the H8000 is an incredible machine but I never got along with the interface. I don't mind compromising the quality of the algorithms in exchange for all those knobs.

MFXxx wrote: We look forward to hearing your review when you replace all your software with hardware :)
Hardware? For me iPad is "the" hardware :wink:

zerocrossing wrote:
MFXxx wrote: As for the anti iLok sentiments I wish all would put them to bed - if you dont like it good if you like them good. But put the flaming to bed please its tiresome, boring and unintelligent.
Well that's your ignorant opinion. My boring and unintelligent opinion says if I educate one person away from getting an iLok, my time was well spent. So I'd say at least my boring and unintelligent mind is trying to make things better for consumers, as opposed to you who's just a bore. :roll:
+1 to that :)
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

Return to “Effects”