What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Xhun Audio IronAxe ver 1.7 - Improvements list and Special Offer

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

xhunaudio
KVRist

205 posts since 17 Feb, 2010

Postby xhunaudio; Sat May 05, 2012 2:00 am

koalaboy wrote:It would be nice to hear a solo with more legato - whilst I can hear it sometimes, often there seems a lot of attack/pluck on each note.

I don't doubt it can do effective hammer-on/pullof legato playing, I just haven't really heard much in the demos.

Hi,

yes, hammer-ons/pull-offs are settable via Performance Key F#1 and from Finger Sliding 'Range' parameter (IronAxe Sect.A), activable by velocity CC#.

Sorry, but at now I really don't have energy enough to make other audio/video demos... :)

By the way the Product Demo version will be available in 2 days.
xhunaudio
KVRist

Postby xhunaudio; Sun May 06, 2012 2:16 pm

Just released IronAxe and launched the Special Introductory Offer.

IronAxe development had been a long and hard work for me, I hope you will appreciate it and I hope it will be useful/helpful in your next productions.

About the Special Offer :

IronAxe has a MSRP of 149 EURO/€, but from May 7th to May 20th 2012, it can be purchased for a Special Introductory Price of 129 euro from our Online Shop.

Thank you for your attention,
bruno
AstralExistence
KVRAF

1940 posts since 19 Sep, 2011

Postby AstralExistence; Sun May 06, 2012 2:23 pm

lol i cant believe how damn awesome this thing sounds. this thing sounds better then some of the big name gear. how sad :D
geoslake
KVRian

731 posts since 14 Mar, 2002

Postby geoslake; Sun May 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Just tried it, much much better than Slayer 1/2 :)
Cpu usage is very high though...
Great stuff, hope to see that cpu usage improved.

Cheers
xhunaudio
KVRist

Postby xhunaudio; Mon May 07, 2012 12:04 am

Hi AstralExistence, geoslake, thank you for your nice comments,

yes, at least a Dual-Core CPU is recommended for multi instances of IronAxe. It requires about the same CPU resources as the latest Analog Modeling synths at their best rendering option.
koalaboy
KVRAF

1591 posts since 18 Mar, 2006, from Plymouth, UK

Postby koalaboy; Mon May 07, 2012 1:21 am

It sounds really nice, but I can't work out how I'm meant to get legato playing going. I'm obviously missing something.

Also, the (obviously necessary) beep is maybe a bit too frequent - it's verging on water torture :wink:

I'll have another go later on, and see if it becomes more obvious.
xhunaudio
KVRist

Postby xhunaudio; Mon May 07, 2012 2:27 am

koalaboy wrote:It sounds really nice, but I can't work out how I'm meant to get legato playing going. I'm obviously missing something.

Also, the (obviously necessary) beep is maybe a bit too frequent - it's verging on water torture :wink:

I'll have another go later on, and see if it becomes more obvious.

Using a MIDI Keyboard, for legato technique (single string fingering) simply hold 'F1' note and play the guitar notes. You can add tapping (C#1), muting (C1) or MW, hammer-ons/offs (velocity and F#1) to your performance in real time.

I hope I had been helpful...
Spitfire31
KVRAF

1892 posts since 18 May, 2003, from Sweden

Postby Spitfire31; Mon May 07, 2012 3:50 am

Yes, demos sound amazing and I was ready to cough up immediately - until I saw that logo in the top right corner - apparently only for Windows.

What a letdown.

Developing such an advanced instrument without a sideways look to all the people switching over to Mac - well…

Bye.

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!
Dr.Wu
KVRAF

1800 posts since 23 Dec, 2003

Postby Dr.Wu; Mon May 07, 2012 3:52 am

the website says that a native OSX version is in development
looking forward to that-demos sound awesome!
koalaboy
KVRAF

1591 posts since 18 Mar, 2006, from Plymouth, UK

Postby koalaboy; Mon May 07, 2012 4:19 am

xhunaudio wrote:I hope I had been helpful...

I think I have it now, but I can't use legato (F1) for more than 3 semi-tones about the current note ?
xhunaudio
KVRist

Postby xhunaudio; Mon May 07, 2012 4:48 am

koalaboy wrote:
xhunaudio wrote:I hope I had been helpful...

I think I have it now, but I can't use legato (F1) for more than 3 semi-tones about the current note ?

Yes, it is because in MIDI Keyboard mode there's an automatic string-switching. In a real guitar real legato is possible only for each string. If you play the high-range notes you can perform legato in a 2 octave range.

If you use MIDI Guitar mode, legato is like in the real world, without simulating it through MIDI scripting engines. YRG is a fantastic tool for controlling it (but it works the same way with other MIDI Guitars/controllers).
xhunaudio
KVRist

Postby xhunaudio; Mon May 07, 2012 8:28 am

Spitfire31 wrote:Yes, demos sound amazing and I was ready to cough up immediately - until I saw that logo in the top right corner - apparently only for Windows.

What a letdown.

Developing such an advanced instrument without a sideways look to all the people switching over to Mac - well…

Bye.

Joachim

Hi, OSX / Cross-Platform versions will follow and will be free updates/download for all registered customers.

If you don't want to wait and you want to try IronAxe demo on OSX today, follow this tutorial:

http://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.php ... sx_support
Spitfire31
KVRAF

1892 posts since 18 May, 2003, from Sweden

Postby Spitfire31; Mon May 07, 2012 12:56 pm

xhunaudio wrote:Hi, OSX / Cross-Platform versions will follow and will be free updates/download for all registered customers.

If you don't want to wait and you want to try IronAxe demo on OSX today, follow this tutorial:

http://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.php ... sx_support

Thank you for the good and unexpected news!

I think I'll wait for the native Mac version…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!
xhunaudio
KVRist

Postby xhunaudio; Tue May 08, 2012 2:05 am

Hi,

to reply to a common asked question, future IronAxe updates/packages will include an additional VST effect plugin : the spinned-off FX/AmpCabinet Section as an independent VST effect plugin.
sfernald
KVRer

20 posts since 13 Mar, 2011

Postby sfernald; Tue May 08, 2012 3:59 pm

Interested in picking up this package right away.

Is it possible to get a copy of the midi file for "sum is greater.." for review and evaluation only of course? I just really need to see it to believe it. Sounds very impressive...

Thanks.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments