Knobman and Kontakt

Official support for: g200kg.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can someone please help me with implementing knobman knobs into kontakt?

I have created a new custom instrument and have made a new perfview with knobs. From what I have found so far it seems like I will need to replace my knobs with sliders in order to use custom knobs. But does anyone have any insight on how to point the sliders to the custom images? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Please read the KSP Reference, section about Resource Containers. You need to create a "Resources" folder which will hold all your graphics and stuff.

You will also need a .txt file along each image which describes certain properties. You can find more info about that in Kontakt Player Developer Guide (Google a bit to find it).

Thanks ED!

I didn't know that the Kontakt Player Devolper Guide existed!

Unfortunately, I am now stuck on trying to display the value of my slider, as you would for a ui_knob. I did find another post by you on another forum stating that sliders with custom graphics cannot display values as a ui_knob can. So after scouring the KSP reference manual, I am guessing that to display the value of my slider I will need a UI_Label? Is that correct?

I am using my ui_slider with a custom graphic to control Attack but can't seem to find a way to make that work. Any help would be great appreciated!

Thanks!

Yes, you will need ui_label.

There's a section in KSP reference which describes set_engine_par(), get_engine_par() and get_engine_par_disp() commands. Learn them well, you will need them!

Return to “g200kg”