What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Ableton falling off tempo grid

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRer

12 posts since 1 May, 2012

Postby ratsratsrats; Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:18 am

Well, I notice ever since I replaced my stock Apple 128 GB SSD with a aftermarket Crucial 512 GB SSD my Ableton has been acting funky... clips are falling off grid like no other.

I'll check to make sure it isn't just my ears sometimes and turn on the metronome and sure enough it's playing off grid, I'll restart playback and it's back spot on...

Any reason this might be happening, any reason it might be happening?

VSTs and sampled audio do it... not even getting close on my processor and I'm running 8 GB of RAM and I can easily say this has never happened before in the 2 years I've been running Ableton.
KVRer

16 posts since 5 Mar, 2004, from Massachusetts, USA

Postby darkenedsoul; Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:53 am

Hi,

Have you recently updated to 8.3.1? That sounds like something I saw posted over at abletons' forum very recently. I haven't updated yet since it *just* came out like yesterday perhaps a day earlier. Just something to check into at the least.

Mike
KVRer

5 posts since 4 Jul, 2012

Postby BenWills; Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:13 pm

I read similar situation as yours in the official forum. It sometimes delays some track. It might be related with bugs of PDC and automations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjiN6U2NubQ

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)