ZebraHZ - One off or maintained product?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Will ZebraHZ be updated and maintained in the future like any other u-he product? for example, to keep up with software, operating systems and hardware technology?

Or is it going to be a one off that will fade off into the distance and become redundant once newer technologies come on the scene and Zebra3 is released?

Yes, we'll keep a parallel build available with Zebra2 updates/maintenance/compatibility fixes.

As it's going to be bundled with a soundbank, you'll need to set up an account on our website to get temporary download links (see "Support" section) with future revisions.

Cheers,

;) Urs

After ogling the screen shots of the GUI... I am drooling over the use of DIVA filters in Zebra. Apart from the presets, and as far as integrating the new technologies of DIVA into Zebra is concerned...will ZebraHZ provide anything Zebra3 wont be able to do?

Many Thanks

Well, Zebra3 won't exactly have Diva's filters. We're merely aiming at filters of same quality but not necessarily very same authenticity, so we can make them process stereo and less cpu draining.

I think Z3 will sound much more refined (if that's audibly possible), with more options to add character. Z3 won't sound the same as Z2, and presets might not be easily transferred.

I think most people will use both - Zebra2/ZebraHZ for the vast existing library, Zebra3 for things new and things to come.

Cheers Urs

Can us existing zebra fanboys get hold of zebraHZ to keep us going until zebra3 ? please please gimme gimme will love you forever Urs :love:

j0hnny wrote:After ogling the screen shots of the GUI...
Where? O.o

iamyourfather wrote:Can us existing zebra fanboys get hold of zebraHZ to keep us going until zebra3 ? please please gimme gimme will love you forever Urs :love:
silly me, done a bit of googling and realised we will be able to get it, but I have to ask when ? I am now clucking like a crack head chicken to try this thing

Urs wrote:Well, Zebra3 won't exactly have Diva's filters. We're merely aiming at filters of same quality but not necessarily very same authenticity, so we can make them process stereo and less cpu draining.
Just for interest. Is it possible to make dynamic optimization for Zebra: if whole signal chain before filter is mono (for example, just one osc with pan = center or eleven osc with pan = center and width = 0) then there is no need to calculate filter in stereo.

Although there will be problems with automated pan or width - there will be need to turn second channel of filter on/off dynamically. So may be it is worth to add "stereo/mono" switch for Osc (similar to FM) and other modules to force chain to mono.

Or may be to add "stereo/mono" switch to filter, and simply feed sum of channels to filter if mono is on.

It is very frequent situation in my patches when signal chain before filters is mono.

Just my thoughs.

EvilDragon wrote:
j0hnny wrote:After ogling the screen shots of the GUI...
Where? O.o
http://www.facebook.com/uheplugins

Wow, this dark blue is nice!

"Zebra" "ladder" and "bite" in the same GUI... :D

Return to “u-he”