Latte VSTi (free version available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

brok landers wrote:
izonin wrote:>snip< This is a nice tendency. In a couple of years all softsynths will be freeware.
a very sad tendency and hopefully not true at all. i'd rather skip 99% of all the free bullcrap availlable, just to get _one_ synth from a developer who really knows his shit.... AND I GLADLY PAY FOR THAT. AND A GOOD PRICE, TOO.
sorry for the yellin', just wanted to make sure i am heard by everyone. ;)

btw, this doesn't go against you max. just to clear that out right before anyone could interpret it that way.
At least for Windows, I think it's already happening. With progs like SE and SM, it only takes hours to port a Reaktor ensemble to VST.

izonin wrote: At least for Windows, I think it's already happening. With progs like SE and SM, it only takes hours to port a Reaktor ensemble to VST.
I have no idea what you mean there. How could SE port a Reaktor ensemble to VST? SE can't import Reaktor project files or vice versa. Besides, their internal and third party modules are completely different, so manually "copying" one to another (if even possible) would make a very different sounding plugin.

And even then it would take more than just "hours". You make it sound very easy :-o
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:How could SE port a Reaktor ensemble to VST? SE can't import Reaktor project files or vice versa. Besides, their internal and third party modules are completely different, so manually "copying" one to another (if even possible) would make a very different sounding plugin.
Yes, the only way is to replicate the ensemble using both SE and custom modules.
And yes the final result could be very different unless someone wants to invest a lot of time to create an exact copy.
And even then it would take more than just "hours". You make it sound very easy :-o
Very very true! :D

Nielzie wrote:
izonin wrote: At least for Windows, I think it's already happening. With progs like SE and SM, it only takes hours to port a Reaktor ensemble to VST.
I have no idea what you mean there. How could SE port a Reaktor ensemble to VST? SE can't import Reaktor project files or vice versa. Besides, their internal and third party modules are completely different, so manually "copying" one to another (if even possible) would make a very different sounding plugin.

I've personally ported whole ensembles (yes, manually, brick by brick from Core cells) in just a few hours. The only difference in the end, is that in Reaktor you have an option for double precision.

MaxSynths wrote:@SampleScience: you mean you see the gui size different in FLS and in Acid? :-?
Sorry for the confusion, I have Acid Music on a desktop computer with a different screen res than my laptop, on which I have FL Studio.

SampleScience wrote:
MaxSynths wrote:@SampleScience: you mean you see the gui size different in FLS and in Acid? :-?
Sorry for the confusion, I have Acid Music on a desktop computer with a different screen res than my laptop, on which I have FL Studio.
Oh this makes sense! :lol: (I've heard some weird reports about the last FLS beta concerning GUIs, so I thought this was a similar situation :hihi:).

A free bank by Dimitri Schkoda is available for Latte and Latte free. Thank you for sharing Dimitri ;)

http://www.maxsynths.com/vsti_latte.html

MaxSynths wrote:A free bank by Dimitri Schkoda is available for Latte and Latte free. Thank you for sharing Dimitri ;)

Thanks a lot! Checking out the sounds, like Ekobass, I disagree with anyone saying that Latte is not capable of fat sounds 8)

Numanoid wrote:
MaxSynths wrote:A free bank by Dimitri Schkoda is available for Latte and Latte free. Thank you for sharing Dimitri ;)

Thanks a lot! Checking out the sounds, like Ekobass, I disagree with anyone saying that Latte is not capable of fat sounds 8)
Enjoy it! :cool:
As for the fat sound... as I said on the other thread the overall eq response tends to put some emphasis on the low frequencies (a lot of people noted this peculiarity) so it's a bit odd for me too to read that it can't produce fat sounds.

The spacey/odd sounds at the beginning of track 1 here http://www.macvibes.com/CDPLAYINGFORKEEPSE.html were made with just one instance of Latte (I mean the intro in complete track, not the excerpt). I love using it for weird sounds, its modulation possibilities are just great :)

Mac of BIOnighT wrote:The spacey/odd sounds at the beginning of track 1 here http://www.macvibes.com/CDPLAYINGFORKEEPSE.html were made with just one instance of Latte (I mean the intro in complete track, not the excerpt). I love using it for weird sounds, its modulation possibilities are just great :)
Mac, it sounds fantastic :love: Thanks for sharing!
Downloading the album right now :D

(P.S.: Ehm... I'll reply to the private mails soon :oops: :help:)

Cheers,
Max

[quote="Mac of BIOnighT"]The spacey/odd sounds at the beginning of track 1 here http://www.macvibes.com/CDPLAYINGFORKEEPSE.html were made with just one instance of Latte (I mean the intro in complete track, not the excerpt). I love using it for weird sounds, its modulation possibilities are just great :)[/quote]

Just listened to the clips and am downloading the album as I type. Thanks very much Mac. Its been a LONG time since I used to listen to a lot of synthy stuff , and playing your clips has reminded me of many great evenings listening to Michael Garrison / Klaus Schulze /Tangerine Dream et al back in "the day" (that was a good long day)

Keenly anticipating this download to finish , thanks again for the kind freebie
Maz
I meant to do that.

@cymazic: take some time to download the other albums too: http://www.macvibes.com/MUSICE.html Believe me, there's a lot of interesting stuff and it's worth the download time :tu:

@Glokraw: you are welcome! Have fun with it ;)

@Brok: no problem here mate ;) In this case I decided to release a free version with a small polyphony limit instead of a full working demo with silly random noise. I thought this can be useful for people which just want to have some fun with it sporadically and at the same time it's a good way to fully evaluate the instrument for those which decide to support me buying the full version :tu:
Good show Max! I HATE the random noise in demos. Fully working with limited Poly (or other features) is the way to go. :tu:

If I can't play around for a minute or two without annoying noise or dropouts, I won't even bother with the demo. I'd rather have Nag Screens, and I'm not fond of those either. :x :wink:
Musical Style: Psychotic Northwoods Basement Trash

You're welcome jdt, have fun with it ;)

Return to “Instruments”