Assertion Error Pro Tools 10 and Melda Mastering Bundle Plug Ins

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Fxpansion VST to RTAS wrapper has wrapped all the plug ins from the Melda Productions Mastering Bundle and they appear as inserts in Pro Tools 10.

When I try to open the MAutoEqualiserLinearPhase, the MAutoEqualiserLinearPhaseMini or the MEqualiserLinearPhase wrapped plug ins, the following message appears:- Assertion in"/Volumes/Development/ws.ProTools_3.2/AlturaPorts/PT4_App1MacBuild/../StudioMgr_DelayMgr.cpp",line4020.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the wrapper and the Melda Productions Mastering Bundle, trashing the Pro Tools prefs and repairing disc permissions on the iMac duo core but the issue remains. The plug ins work in an open session, after the Assertion message has appeared but a session cannot be reopened once it is closed, with the the same Assertion message appearing.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this problem?

This is probably because the LP equalizers have latency of 32768 samples, which is more than the pseudo-compensation in ProTools can handle. I suggest contacting Avid about it.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thanks, Vojtech. I've tried creating a blank Pro Tools session at 96K with the maximum delay compensation of 32767 samples but the problem still remains. I'll see if Avid have an answer.

Outcognito wrote:Thanks, Vojtech. I've tried creating a blank Pro Tools session at 96K with the maximum delay compensation of 32767 samples but the problem still remains. I'll see if Avid have an answer.
Yes, I think it will be there in any case. It's sad that in 2012 ProTools not only don't have proper delay compensation, but they even crash in situations like this... The cheapest hosts can do this better way...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

It works fine without any problem in Logic 9.

Return to “MeldaProduction”