TX16Wx Software Sampler 2.0 Beta Released - Announching TX16Wx Professional (Updated 2012-10-19)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

File browser moving is actually a bug. Found and fixed.
Same bug affects the key mapper as well, though this will still move with drag (though no longer in jerks); you want the area to ride with the drag if you're in the wrong region. On the other hand its kind of slow, so perhaps not super useful.

Full screen is not really kosher for a plug in. Technically I cannot control the UI window size (except by asking nicely). Perhaps you just want an even bigger UI?

The sort idea is good. I don't think I dare do it right now, but as a FR its on the list.
Cheers
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

An even bigger view would indeed be good for when making patches. That way you could see more samples in the browser, all keys at a higher zoom and more samples in the "sort area" (don't know what it's called!).

Glad to hear it was a bug and acknowledged :)

I hope you get the same endorphin rush making it as i get using it :D
:hug:

^^^^^
I was saving this up for later:

FR: Sample Editor - a Display Filter to reduce the listed samples to those of interest
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:^^^^^
I was saving this up for later:

FR: Sample Editor - a Display Filter to reduce the listed samples to those of interest
It is already on the list. ;-)

I have also been considering whether the "spreadsheet" view of groups/splits/samples/loops that is now is the optimal solution. The idea was to be able to see quickly what data an item contains, but the downside is that the lists take more space than simple "name"-lists would.
One idea would perhaps be to go back to input fields being in the editor and having the lists as simple name lists, but working hierarchically, and with the added benefit of fitting all the lists on the same page (no more tab flipping to get to samples).

Not saying this is what will be, or when, but its a thought. But for rather much later.
Cheers
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote:One idea would perhaps be to go back to input fields being in the editor and having the lists as simple name lists, but working hierarchically, and with the added benefit of fitting all the lists on the same page (no more tab flipping to get to samples).
I'd like to at least see how that would turn out.
Such a bright future!

Now, i got this covered through maschine but it could be useful for everyone else (and me). Set an amount of bars to record and then hit "rec". Recording will start at the next beat and record for the selected duration.

For instance, you have built up a nice drumgroove and want it as a wav loop. Set amount of bars to 2 for two bars and then hit record. Record will start at the right time and record for the set duration.

I recorded 400+ (!) loops in two days like that. When creativity flows it flows :)

Crackbaby wrote:Now, i got this covered through maschine but it could be useful for everyone else (and me). Set an amount of bars to record and then hit "rec". Recording will start at the next beat and record for the selected duration.

For instance, you have built up a nice drumgroove and want it as a wav loop. Set amount of bars to 2 for two bars and then hit record. Record will start at the right time and record for the set duration.

I recorded 400+ (!) loops in two days like that. When creativity flows it flows :)
You already have that: trigger on transport in the sampling section. If enabled, sampling will commence once you hit play (or record) in the DAW.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

You already have that: trigger on transport in the sampling section. If enabled, sampling will commence once you hit play (or record) in the DAW.
Great, i wasn't aware too. It makes me wish about an updated manual :)

But can we tell tx16W to record a 2 bars loop, store it, then record another 2 bar loop, store it, then record another 2 bar loop, etc ?
(i mean : "as soon as i hit "play", record Xbar loops until i hit stop")
I don' know if it makes sense ?

sinkmusic wrote:
Great, i wasn't aware too. It makes me wish about an updated manual :)

But can we tell tx16W to record a 2 bars loop, store it, then record another 2 bar loop, store it, then record another 2 bar loop, etc ?
(i mean : "as soon as i hit "play", record Xbar loops until i hit stop")
I don' know if it makes sense ?
No, you can only record until you hit stop record. A general "record this long" field might be useful though (choice between time/notes/bars). As for repeating it... hm, not impossible, though I'd probably have to implement it as "record time x n -> then cut the result into n parts".

Good ideas for v2.1 ;-)
Note that I've announced the release of 2.0 gold for today, thus I'm only accepting bugs for v2.0 now (and quick!).

Oh, and the record on transport is in the manual. In the sampler section part. ;-)

Cheers
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote:No, you can only record until you hit stop record. A general "record this long" field might be useful though (choice between time/notes/bars). As for repeating it... hm, not impossible, though I'd probably have to implement it as "record time x n -> then cut the result into n parts".
Geist has options along these lines as well as the option to (re)sample it's own output and I'd love to see TX16Wx offer this sort of functionality in a future update.

Idea: Instead of having a dropdown for the filters. Move "drive" to the right and move the driveknob and numbers down (so it will be like for "freq" and "res"). Now there will be a big space free to the left where there could be a button for each filtertype. One less dropdown in the world! :D Won't work if you add several additional filters for the payed pro versions though, but should be enough for 6-7 including off. Besides, the GUI hints that the filterbox could be expanded to the right.

Thanks again for making this. Keep up the good work! :hail::love:

I wouldn't like separate buttons, a knob or rotary selector for filter types would be better IMHO.

Why do you think so? A knob would give a bigger click-area? Maybe a knob ... but where you can click on the markings also :D

The reason i thought of separate buttons is because you'd keep the same click-area as you have now, just that you don't have to click once first to open it, it would always be "open".

A knob with label below which says the currently selected filter. Not a problem, and is expandable if more filter types are to be added at a later date!

My 2p:

It could look like a continuous knob but function as a rotary switch with N +1 positions (where N = number of Filter Types, plus 1 for Off)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Instruments”