What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

SAMPLR! Out and dope.

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

hogo
KVRist

210 posts since 18 Mar, 2008

Postby hogo; Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:16 am SAMPLR! Out and dope.

http://www.samplr.net/

Get it. Audio copy and paste is forthcoming, and I'm sure export will too, but damn this is sweet.
Ned Bouhalassa
KVRian

568 posts since 14 Dec, 2000, from Montreal, Canada

Postby Ned Bouhalassa; Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:18 am

It's really incredibly well thought out! What a blast to play with and a great addition to the studio. :shock: :love:

Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... JE-k_VeId4
Last edited by Ned Bouhalassa on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
My music:Soundcloud
sazb30
KVRian

998 posts since 11 Sep, 2008, from UK

Postby sazb30; Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:19 am

five bucks!! amazing :D
SLiC
KVRian

558 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales

Postby SLiC; Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:35 am

Yup- this is a real instrument, nothing else really like this (multitrack iris?) highly recommended.
Eventually even the most ardent ipad haters are eventually going to have to concede that an ipad is almost.an essential purchase for the music tech geek....not because of he hardware, but the quality of he apps....and audiobus seems close!
martygras
KVRian

518 posts since 3 Apr, 2008, from State of Confusion

Postby martygras; Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:58 am

The E-bow function alone will make this very performance friendly.
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!
olja
KVRist

183 posts since 22 Sep, 2004, from sthlm, sweden

Postby olja; Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:50 pm

Definitely a "get it"-app. One of the coolest yet. Can see endless creative potential and fun with this one. Plus it has that extra touch of looking great and being given lots of attention to detail and the interface.
itsDavidAbraham
KVRist

59 posts since 17 Sep, 2011

Postby itsDavidAbraham; Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Touch Vibrato sold me
gdog
KVRist

168 posts since 12 Jun, 2007

Postby gdog; Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:12 pm

hogo wrote:http://www.samplr.net/

Get it. Audio copy and paste is forthcoming, and I'm sure export will too, but damn this is sweet.
Thanks for sharing this <3
audiojunkie
KVRAF

2681 posts since 18 Apr, 2002, from Ogden, UT

Postby audiojunkie; Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:41 pm

How well does it do with standard things like multisampling, and looping sample points? SampleWiz is easy to use, but for performance use only, since it doesn't have audiocopy/audiopaste or Audiobus. If Samplr will have audiocopy/audiopaste, that's a step above Samplewiz. I wrote a couple of months ago to the samplewiz support team to ask if they might be getting these things in the future--They never replied. I've been looking ever since for something that might fit my sampling needs.

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.
hogo
KVRist

Postby hogo; Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:30 am

In any real sense, you cannot sample with this app on the fly. Only via iTunes import currently. I believe the reason for this is that the author wanted to focus on LIVE performance first. Many of the other features will come in updates, and if this gets the attention I think it will, we'll have many updates to come. It's a great start I think, and does many things I'd hoped Samplewiz would eventually do.
sazb30
KVRian

Postby sazb30; Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:37 am

hogo wrote:In any real sense, you cannot sample with this app on the fly. Only via iTunes import currently..

So you can save your own samples to your itunes library and then import them straight into the app? Is that how it works? Does it save recorded files as wavs? thanks!!
hogo
KVRist

Postby hogo; Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:07 am

yes, you can import your own samples, and they are WAV files. :)
sazb30
KVRian

Postby sazb30; Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:39 am

great, thanks! Off to the app store now :)
dusted william
KVRAF

4698 posts since 17 Dec, 2000

Postby dusted william; Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:57 am

wow!
ulozilla
KVRist

170 posts since 12 Aug, 2004, from Santiago Chile

Postby ulozilla; Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:34 am

sampling .....RE-DEFINED
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)