TrackSpacer - First plugin by Wavesfactory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Crackbaby wrote:Having easy tools lets creativity and energy be spent elsewhere :)

I see there's a stereo input and then two mono, or have i misunderstood it?
no mono inputs here, using REAPER.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Aha ok, using Mulab here myself. Guess it doesn't matter much if i just use a mono input then.

A little FR would be to be able to monitor the scooped out signal ... just because it would be fun to hear :)
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:Aha ok, using Mulab here myself. Guess it doesn't matter much if i just use a mono input then.

A little FR would be to be able to monitor the scooped out signal ... just because it would be fun to hear :)
+1

although i would suggest linear phase switch.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

yeah, that's probably the easiest way :)
Got one you can recommend?

erm... that was a FR :-) a switch to enable TrackSpacer working in linear phase mode (introducing latency but keeping phase) :-D

for your suggestion, one could probably do something like that with routing - get another copy of the signal you send to sidechain in TrackSpacer, and reverse its phase. That way the signal should cancel and you only get TrackSpacer'd signal. worth a try :-)

Crackbaby wrote:Why is it unwise? If i flip it around, what tools are wise to depend on?
Depending on a proprietary algorithm like this to "add space around something in a mix" instead of learning how to do it using EQ's, compressors, etc.

The dependency one would have on the black-magic of the DSP in the plug to do something I feel is fundamental to the creative process; mixing.

Surely one could argue the same about compression and riding volume faders with automation or by hand even (lol), but I guess that it's only this one developers plugin, even if it makes such a huge difference, terrifies me to consider depending on just this one black-magic "make it good" tool.

Instead of falling back and depending on magic plugins, to learn the process so that the dependency is not there for an activity so personal, so crucial, and so differentiating as mixing ones music.

grymmjack wrote:
Crackbaby wrote:Why is it unwise? If i flip it around, what tools are wise to depend on?
Depending on a proprietary algorithm like this to "add space around something in a mix" instead of learning how to do it using EQ's, compressors, etc.

The dependency one would have on the black-magic of the DSP in the plug to do something I feel is fundamental to the creative process; mixing.

Surely one could argue the same about compression and riding volume faders with automation or by hand even (lol), but I guess that it's only this one developers plugin, even if it makes such a huge difference, terrifies me to consider depending on just this one black-magic "make it good" tool.

Instead of falling back and depending on magic plugins, to learn the process so that the dependency is not there for an activity so personal, so crucial, and so differentiating as mixing ones music.
Well, you can mix my stuff anytime ;) I think im not going to use it the traditional way anyway. It helps a lot if you work in an erratic way with a lot of uncontrolled chaos (is there any other kind.. :lol:). Now i won't be stopped -as much- when things turn too chaotic to handle. Better yet, they maybe won't ever occur in the first place.

I found you can use it extremely well as a sidechain/kicker ... err It works way better than even a multiband sidechain compressor. When i started reading this thread i had NO IDEA how much i needed this :D It's giving me loads of fun and that's all that matters, isn't it ;):love:

it's not a 'magic plugin', we know exactly what it's doing. and it does it in a far simpler and automatic way than setting up a bunch of EQs, even dynamic eqs (same is true for spaceboy as well, i guess, though being able to export to another eq is nice)

'civilization advances by extending the number of operations we can perform without thinking about them' - alfred north whitehead.

on the 'trackspaced' audio - it would be nice if the level knob went from -100%..0..100% instead of 0-100%. one direction would remove the sidechained signal from the original signal (like spaceboy), the other direction would impose that curve on the original signal (like cloneboy or that old waves q-clone). it seems like a straightforward thing to add, given the implementation, but would definitely increase the cost effectiveness too (since for the existing tools, you have to buy two different pieces to get both).

TrackSpacer is not a miracle-plugin and we don't want it to be.
About the demos, we'll be posting new ones submited by users that are amazing. And maybe we'll add some going from 0% to 100% ratio instead of 0% - 50% - 100%.

wavesfactory wrote:
Selfik wrote:Just demoed it...controls are very sluggish in Studio one 2 and that demo voice is very annoying...we know it's demo, no need to remind us every 20sec :wink:
If you can improve that and adjust intro price I would probably buy.
I know the voice saying "TrackSpacer Demo" is annoying... but there are so few controls (only 3 knobs and 1 button) that presets are not necessary. Also, no recall in the demo version is useless for the same reason. Adding this voice was the only thing that really worked for the demo version.
a 14 day fully functioning demo would have made sense.

Or you could use uhe's successful copy protection which is serial only and he is giving ANYONE dev the info how to use it who wants it

so it would involve slight crackles in this case in the demo version but your product would be well protected.. the crackers have much difficulty getting around ur's timebombs and it took years to get zebra right, so you would have a couple of years of your plugin not being warez correctly.

It gets better in this case cause it's something that would be used alot so when the timebomb occurs it will cause the warez kiddies MUCH headaches or simply having to go immediately to buy the plugin :)

sonicpowa wrote:
Selfik wrote:How to exclude rtas during installation?
Deleting the path doesn't do, error message pops...
Yeah this should be fixed.
I agree. I don't like being forced to install every version. I really like to install ONLY the au where possible.

Tapehead wrote:Elevayta plug is much better, much cheaper and very, very simple.
And also has huge latency of like 91 MS :lol:

and no 64 bit, and no mac.

Um yeah.. pass.

I'll take this thanks.

wavesfactory wrote:I have something to say here.

It's really simple. Our libraries are cheap because they are easy economically easy to develop for us/me. What's the point with TrackSpacer? I'm not a programmer so I had to outsource the work (not cheap) and I didn't know that the plugin "Space Boy" was on the market. Overpriced? It's always hard to set a price for a product, you don't know really how many copies you'll sell. But money is not everything in this life, our first occupation is YOU, money comes after.

SO

We've decided to lower its price.

Intro price: €39
Full price: €59

VAT included, of course.

For people who already bought it, we'll refund €20 right now.
Very kind of you. I am grabbing this as it will allow me to avoid using the cpu munching melda auto eq i have relied on for these duties.

Happy with the price here, especially 39 euros, for how much time it will save me.

Perfectly stable here on 64 bits logic 9.1.8 and sl 10.6.8

I really like the freeze feature too so you can have a static curve.

Very cool!

vaisnava wrote:Would a full band Side Chain Compressor achieve the same results?
the other way to do it is to use melda auto dymamic EQ, learn the source and apply it to the destination in reverse.

It's still not going to be intelligently eqing without an actual sidechain though only to create the space where needed.
that said, the waves factory approach can be a bit weird here and there too so the freeze funcion is very welcome.

A full band sidechain compressor wouldn't really do it, you would have to be able to choose specific frequencies.

Something like the dcam comp which has frequency selection could theoretically do it but i don't remember if that one has sidechain.

http://soundcloud.com/wavesfactory/trac ... ck-vs-bass

New demo. TrackSpacer inserted in the bass track, sidechain on kick, HPF set on 300hz.

Return to “Effects”