Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

audiobot202 wrote:Hang on...I activated Cubase 6.5 on November 10, so according to their info, I'm eligible for the free update to 7. When I read their Grace Period Info, it states that my Cubase 6.5 license will be replaced by a Cubase 7 Artist license??? I don't have Artist. I'm running the full version here. Is this a downgrade or just a typo?
No, Artist is written in brackets and means that either Cubase or Cubase Artist is updated whatever you have.

Had a thorough read on the website...my two cents:

1) i like most of the new things
2) pity, still max 8 inserts...probably enough for most cases, but why this limits when other hosts dont have it?
3) a beautiful picture about the set up of external controllers...will that picture update as different elements (FX, channel panel, etc) are selected?
4) i hope they fixed the GUI of Beat designer (AFAIK it's still impossible to make it "always on top" and move it outside the main window, and i guess that happens for some other windows too)
5) will moving channels on the mixer be reflected on the tracks in the main window??
6) i will update :D

ciao,
Goyya :)

Hi all,

here you will find additional upgrade pathes & prices.

http://www.dv247.com/news/How%20to%20Up ... 207/133334

On December 6th, will the upgrade to 6.5 still exist?

Presumably it will be a lot cheaper than it is currently.
Might just go for that instead...
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:On December 6th, will the upgrade to 6.5 still exist?
No.

And the update from 6 to 6.5 has already disappeared.

standalone wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:On December 6th, will the upgrade to 6.5 still exist?
No.

And the update from 6 to 6.5 has already disappeared.
Fk.
So if I dont take the plunge now, i'll be 3 versions beind and be looking at ~£400 upgrade prices :x

Guess I need to do it now :cry:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

This is a little confusing. I'd like to know, can I got from Artist 6.5 to Full 7 and if so how much.

The way I am reading it, it's 121 pounds to go from 6.5 Full to 7 Full.
And 121 Pounds to go from Artist to Artist.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:This is a little confusing. I'd like to know, can I got from Artist 6.5 to Full 7 and if so how much.

The way I am reading it, it's 121 pounds to go from 6.5 Full to 7 Full.
According to dv247.com there will be a direct path for you, that they call "update 1". This will only be available as a download at Steinberg's web shop. They don't state the price, but maybe you can find it here:

http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=175

Aiynzahev wrote:can I got from Artist 6.5 to Full 7 and if so how much.
Expect it to be around $250.

TBH, I'm a little underwhelmed with C7. Since I'm happy with C6.5 Artist and that I'm not really interested in the console strip feature, I'll pass.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

I see. Well $99 is pretty good to go from Arist to Artist, I don't really need the full version.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

So 5th Dec is the end of grace period right?

DELETED

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but every link I click on brings me to a buy page in Euros or British Pounds. How much is the upgrade from 6.5 to 7 full in USD?
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

maxxxter wrote:Well, that's it; I'm switching to Samplitude.

I hate it; the channel strip looks like a joke.

Though, the new mixer "view" ergonomics are cool, the rest is shit.
Out of interest what makes you want samplitude instead of Cubase7?
Aiynzahev-sounds

DELETED

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”