What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

ACE, Uhbik Beta 1154 - VST3 and more

Official support for: u-he.com

Moderator: Urs

Urs
u-he

16422 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:37 am

Hi all,

here are new public betas of ACE 1.2 and Uhbik 1.2.1. And because there are some important things and all, we start fresh with a new thread :)

http://www.u-he.com/downloads/ACE/ACE1154Mac.zip
http://www.u-he.com/downloads/ACE/ACE1154Win.zip

http://www.u-he.com/downloads/Uhbik/Uhbik1155Mac.zip
http://www.u-he.com/downloads/Uhbik/Uhbik1155Win.zip

Enjoy,

;) Urs

Note: The Windows installer does not permit the installation of data in C:\Program Files\ etc. anymore at all. Those file permission troubles remain our No. 1 support issue and it's the main reason anyone would ever perceive our software as dodgy. The "recommendation" not to install there isn't enough. So, anyone who insists to have his data in C:\Program Files should also be savvy enough to put it there after installation.

Rev 1154

- GUI resizing should work in almost all hosts on all platforms!
- In case the data folder isn't found, an error message is shown on the UI instead of a blank gui
- Presets in the bottom of the patch browser can be clicked on their full area now
- Prev/Next preset buttons skip junk now
- Windows installer now installs correctly (hopefully)
- Renamed "Voice" to "StackVoice" in Voice Circuit Modulation Sources. Please test if presets still work!!!
- Reworked MIDI Program Changes (it also displays as midi-activity now)
- VST3 now handles mousewheel and keyboard input correctly
- VST3 support the host's bypass-function
- Windows installer creates VST3 folder if missing
- Mac installer doesn't contain "Uhbik.vst"
- Patch-Browser scrolls to the right when hitting arrow-right
Last edited by Urs on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVRAF

4058 posts since 2 Sep, 2005, from city of lights (nl)

Postby core; Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:46 am

Nice, will give them a go asap :tu:
rekkerd.org - latest news, free samples, audio plugins, patches & sounds and plugins deals
KVRian

569 posts since 23 Jun, 2002, from York, UK

Postby hibrasil; Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:45 am

VST3 ubhik hangs VST3TestHost when clicking the "i" to get info about the plugin
pMix | Endless Series V3 Shepard Tone Plugin | WDL-OL Plugin dev framework
Available for consultancy/tuition via Skype (help with IPlug/JUCE/MaxMSP)
Urs
u-he

Postby Urs; Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:03 am

hibrasil wrote:VST3 ubhik hangs VST3TestHost when clicking the "i" to get info about the plugin

Just wait and see... then, once it's finished, check the parameters :-p

(we had to create 16 x 128 parameters to receive MIDI CC information for 16 channels... this seems to paralyse VST3TestHost for a while when scanning for plugin information)
KVRian

1489 posts since 10 Dec, 2008, from Minneapolis

Postby xh3rv; Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:36 am

Urs wrote:]
- Renamed "Voice" to "StackVoice" in Voice Circuit Modulation Sources. Please test if presets still work!!!

The one preset I remember using voice seemed just fine here
KVRian

638 posts since 7 Jun, 2007

Postby xalama qo; Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 am

Hi Urs,
All good here (ACE, that is)
EnergyXT 2 on WinXP SP3. Multicore option is a blessing in XT2!
Thanks!
KVRian

1150 posts since 5 Jun, 2011, from England,UK

Postby jethrobull; Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:15 am

ACE working perfect here, Win 7 x64 Reaper x64.
Great work guys! :tu:
All the audience cares about is being fed a stream of songs that they know and can sing along to.
myfeebleeffort
KVRist

313 posts since 27 Sep, 2006, from Eastern US

Postby SaganTech; Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:22 am

Hello Urs,

I still get white lines in ACE (and other U-HE) plug-ins if I move the UI off screen and then back on. It seems like some kind of round off error because it never happens in normal size. For Ace, it seems to only happen in sizes "small" and "large" Here is a picture:
KVRAF

1742 posts since 27 Mar, 2010, from UK

Postby MFXxx; Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:59 pm

HI

Working fine so far ACEx64bit in Cubase 6.5.4 on Win7U.

Cant believe I was considering selling this...much better usability in projects with efficiency :)
Rintrah roars & shakes his fires in the burdend air..
KVRAF

9022 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:40 pm

I can't notice much CPU improvement when multicore is enabled in Reaper 4.30 x64... Well my mistake for probably watching at Reaper's CPU monitor, I guess? (But that one is the same as the one in Windows task manager, really...)

That being said I can't duplicate the lines GUI issue above. I can say though that the Multicore LED doesn't look particularly nice when enabled (all those jagged edges)... and when the GUI size is increased, things get very blurry very fast. I presume this is going to be changed at a later date!
Urs
u-he

Postby Urs; Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:39 pm

Quick update:

Yeah, the LED will be changed, and multicore isn't expected to scale as well as with Diva. I might have to rewrite a section or two, but at least it should do *something*.

The White Lines will be fixed in a feature update with rewritten gui scaling code, in no less than half a year, I suppose.
KVRist

222 posts since 12 Jan, 2011

Postby tommyzai; Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Should registered users of the previous release of ACE download and install the public beta? Will it mess up the serial number or anything?
Last edited by tommyzai on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVRian

941 posts since 12 Jan, 2010, from Copenhagen

Postby TwoToneshuzz; Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:59 pm

tommyzai wrote:Should registered users of the previous release of ACE download and install the public beta? I mean, will it mess up the serial number and all?

I don't recall that being a problem. U-he will take care those types of issues. They are the top!
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.
KVRAF

1707 posts since 13 Aug, 2011, from Berlin

Postby Fritze; Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:02 am

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
tommyzai wrote:Should registered users of the previous release of ACE download and install the public beta? I mean, will it mess up the serial number and all?

I don't recall that being a problem. U-he will take care those types of issues. They are the top!

Yeah, right. everything will work as before only that you have most recent version of the plugin. :)
KVRAF

4078 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:38 am

hi, two comments.

1. with u-he's installers in general on the PC side............ I am not sure about anyone else, but my 32 bit and 64 bits do not go in the same folder. and most installers I have used allow the user to specify the two different locations in the installer when you are installing both 32 bit and 64 bit plugins...... would be great if the u-he installers on pc did the same.

2. I notice on the PC side these don't allow you not to install the vst3 versions? For reasons I had mentioned to Urs separately, although I use Cubendo, I don't want to use the vst3 versions currently......... and I now have to manually delete them after these new versions.
thanks
rsp
Next

Moderator: Urs

Return to u-he