What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Bypass Envelope 1 in Zebra2?

Official support for: u-he.com

Moderator: Urs

Chris Jones
KVRist

35 posts since 19 Feb, 2005, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Chris Jones; Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:25 pm Bypass Envelope 1 in Zebra2?

How does one untether modules from Envelope 1? Example: I have 3 oscs and I want different amp envelopes on each, so I have to "neutralise" Env 1 by setting attack to 0 and sustain & release to 100, and assign the remaining envelopes to Vol on each module, thereby making Env 1 redundant.

I know I should know this, but for some reason I've just put up with it and never investigated until now. Must be time to go through the manual again for a refresher. :clown:

(c:
psycox
KVRist

132 posts since 28 Apr, 2004, from switzerland

Postby psycox; Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:35 pm

look at the mixer row under the matrix. switch env1 to gate
Chris Jones
KVRist

Postby Chris Jones; Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Ah that's it, thanks! My eyes were even wandering around that area, like I'd already found the answer there before. Must be something about the grey text on black...
trance_lucent
KVRist

358 posts since 27 Sep, 2005

Postby trance_lucent; Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:23 am

Also you can design your layers in different lanes and select different amp envelopes for each in the mixer, so there is no need to assign envelopes to volume for oscillators.
Howard
KVRAF

2786 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Bad Vilbel, Germany

Postby Howard; Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:01 am

Chris Jones wrote:Must be time to go through the manual again for a refresher. (c:
Each page of the manual has a row of hyperlinks, making it easy to refer to the bit you want without "going through" the whole document. I.e. I recommend looking things up every time you have a question.
Chris Jones
KVRist

Postby Chris Jones; Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:57 am

Perhaps, but sometimes knowing what it is you're looking for can be more of a challenge than knowing how to find it. ;) Besides, it's been a few years since I went through the manual (and it's been updated who knows how many times since), so I'd no doubt benefit from a re-read.
Howard
KVRAF

2786 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Bad Vilbel, Germany

Postby Howard; Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:35 pm

Chris Jones wrote:Perhaps, but sometimes knowing what it is you're looking for can be more of a challenge than knowing how to find it. ;) Besides, it's been a few years since I went through the manual (and it's been updated who knows how many times since), so I'd no doubt benefit from a re-read.
:tu:
bmrzycki
KVRAF

3228 posts since 11 Aug, 2006, from Austin, TX

Postby bmrzycki; Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:29 am

Chris Jones wrote:I went through the manual (and it's been updated who knows how many times since), so I'd no doubt benefit from a re-read.
+1
I occasionally open up the manual to reference something and invariably read 2-3 pages more than I intended. And because my experience with Zebra changes over time those 2-3 pages hit me differently now. And that usually means some new exploration for the rest of the evening. Great stuff.

Moderator: Urs

Return to u-he