What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Komplete 8

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRer

15 posts since 3 Dec, 2012

Postby Maks_Lavrov; Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:08 am Komplete 8

Ok I'm not even sure where to start.

So I bought Kontakt 5 mid October so I could use the Epic Dhol, first time Native Instrument user. I was also in the market for VST drums and really like Studio Drummer. I ended up buying EZ drummer on ebay because I found a good deal. Well, I had no clue what Komplete 8 was, had I known what it was and that it includes Komplete 5 AND Studio Drummer AND a whole bunch of other awesome VSTs I would have been all over it! So I ended up paying almost the same for Kontakt and EZ Drummer as I would have for Komplete 8!

I just emailed NI in hopes that I could do some kind of trade or upgrade. If not, I'm going to beat myself up for rushing another purchase :cry:
KVRAF

7622 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:12 am

Are you RoyalDeadMan reincarnated? :D
KVRer

Postby Maks_Lavrov; Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:16 am

lol not sure who that is :P
KVRian

500 posts since 13 Mar, 2008, from Finland

Postby muLperi; Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:52 am

I can smell the symptoms of a syndrome... :tu:
www.mulperi.net
KVRer

Postby Maks_Lavrov; Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:57 am

Ok I just read about that RoyalDeadMan and no that's not me :D

I've been at this for about 3 years and have only used the vsts and plug ins that come with cubase. Currently I'm running Cubase 6. Eventually I got EWQL HS and got into making epic stuff. Found the Epic Dhol and couldn't use it without the retail version of Kontakt. Without much research, just bought it.

There you go ;)

Now I'm here :)
KVRist

288 posts since 4 Oct, 2009, from Portland, OR

Postby UltimateOutsider; Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:52 am

So long as you are signed into the Native Instruments site with the same account you used to register your existing NI products in Service Center, the prices you see in their shop include applicable upgrade/crossgrade discounts. I think they show the retail price crossed out, and then show the price you would pay below that.

So you MIGHT already be eligible for a Komplete discount based on your Kontakt purchase. If you don't like the prices you see when logged in, you can plead your case with email support.
KVRist

261 posts since 27 Nov, 2011, from Hollywood, CA

Postby optofonik; Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:50 am

Depending on the type of music you write and how much you want to get into "recording drums" EZDrummer may end up being a good decision. It gets you into the Toontrack universe, so to speak, and they offer an incredible selection of drums, enough to create a virtual drum locker that will never leave you wanting. Also, as stated above, you may still be able to get into Komplete 8 at an excellent price, especially since Komplete 9 should be coming out soon; keep track of their sales.

Back to the Toontrack stuff, register at audiodeluxe.com for their email notices and if you're patient you'll get some amazing deals. However, Superior Drummer is the way to go so use your EZDrummer purchase to upgrade when there is a sale. Superior Drummer is strikingly close to what it was like for me to record and mix drums in the past except the "drummer" never comes in with a shitty out of tune kit. So, while EZDrummer is more plug and play, SD requires one to actually mix the kit and that, IMO, is a great thing.
"Let us wander through a great modern city with our ears more alert than our eyes..." Luigi Russolo, 1913
KVRer

Postby Maks_Lavrov; Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:39 pm

So far, support center has said that because its been more than 30 days since the purchase they cannot accept it back. But I can get the crossgrade, except that its $399 and I don't have $399 right now. And the Mrs doesn't always agree with my vst needs and purchases ;)
KVRist

288 posts since 4 Oct, 2009, from Portland, OR

Postby UltimateOutsider; Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:40 pm

Maks_Lavrov wrote:And the Mrs doesn't always agree with my vst needs and purchases ;)

That's where the secret bank account comes in...
KVRer

Postby Maks_Lavrov; Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Yeah I really need me one of those. Well I can't really do anything so ill just wait for a good deal. Maybe a future crossgrade

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments