What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

One-Synth-Challenge 47: Bazille - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
Aiynzahev
KVRAF
 
2896 posts since 29 Jun, 2011, from USA

Postby Aiynzahev; Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:56 am

adagiocm wrote:Hey Aiyn,

In the 64-bit realm, I've recently discovered the Blue Cat Triple EQ, and I quite like it. It is not vintage style by any means, but it has some nice features, sounds good, and is nicely automatable without any sound artifacts.


How did I miss this one? looks awesome

Call me a non skilled newb but no matter what I do with Cubase EQ it always annoys me and I remove the EQ later, even the smallest adjustments.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Resonance Sound
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Spire, Zebra2, Massive, DIVA, Sylenth and others
User avatar
Aiynzahev
KVRAF
 
2896 posts since 29 Jun, 2011, from USA

Postby Aiynzahev; Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:03 am

Oh, I am assuming Waves One knob louder is not allowed?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Resonance Sound
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Spire, Zebra2, Massive, DIVA, Sylenth and others
z.prime
KVRian
 
603 posts since 28 Sep, 2011

Postby z.prime; Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:38 am

Aiynzahev wrote:Oh, I am assuming Waves One knob louder is not allowed?

Not allowed if it's not freely available, as far as I understand.
User avatar
V'ger
KVRAF
 
3913 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:02 am

Right, not available anymore which would be unfair to those who didn't get it.
Sounddigger
Banned

Postby Sounddigger; Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:42 am

Hi guys, can anyone explain how to load presets into this Bazille baby? Like those mentioned in one of the first post of this thread, as posted at http://www.u-he.com/PatchLib/bazille.html

I followed some of the sparse instructions and started by copying the preset folders to what seems to be the dedicated directory for it. So for instance I copied the folder "Alfa210-Bazille", to: Bazille\Bazille.data\Presets\Alfa210-Bazille. The first directory "Bazille" also contains the Bazille.dll file

When I click on the "presets" button within the VST (from within the sequencer/host), I only get a folder called "MIDI Programs". When doing a right click on this folder or the one above, and selecting "refresh folder list", nothing is added.

I tried a few other options I could think of, but nothing seems to do the trick. Trying to import a preset from within the Presonus Studio One's VST context window doesn't work either. I also tried Fruity Loops, but with no success.

Any suggestions? :help:

Thanx! :D
User avatar
IrionDaRonin
KVRAF
 
2459 posts since 17 Mar, 2011, from Spain

Postby IrionDaRonin; Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:30 am

Sounddigger wrote:Hi guys, can anyone explain how to load presets into this Bazille baby? Like those mentioned in one of the first post of this thread, as posted at http://www.u-he.com/PatchLib/bazille.html

I followed some of the sparse instructions and started by copying the preset folders to what seems to be the dedicated directory for it. So for instance I copied the folder "Alfa210-Bazille", to: Bazille\Bazille.data\Presets\Alfa210-Bazille. The first directory "Bazille" also contains the Bazille.dll file

When I click on the "presets" button within the VST (from within the sequencer/host), I only get a folder called "MIDI Programs". When doing a right click on this folder or the one above, and selecting "refresh folder list", nothing is added.

I tried a few other options I could think of, but nothing seems to do the trick. Trying to import a preset from within the Presonus Studio One's VST context window doesn't work either. I also tried Fruity Loops, but with no success.

Any suggestions? :help:

Thanx! :D


Hi and welcome.
Must be this way.

~Bazille\Bazille.data\Presets\Bazille

So, after the 'Presets' folder, must be another folder called 'Bazille'. I have it this way.
I hope you are on Windows.

Have a nice day :)
Image
andjac1963
KVRer
 
27 posts since 26 Aug, 2011

Postby andjac1963; Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:29 am

Hi

I'm struggling to get Logic Express to 'see' the Bazille.vst. I have copied Bazille.vst and Bazille.component to

Mac HD->LIbrary->Audio->Plug-Ins->VST

My other .vst files are here, eg BFD Eco.vst, TripleCheese.vst, Massive.vst etc, however if I get Logic Audio Units Manager to re-scan Bazille does not appear in my list. I've got 2 vsts that have a 'Crashed Violation' status but strangely Bazille is not even in the list.

Apologies if this has been dealt with before, I've googled for issues with Bazille and Logic and come up empty.

I doubt whether my old Mac Book will have sufficient grunt to do much with Bazille but I'd like to give it a go.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Cheers
Ajj
Sounddigger
Banned

Postby Sounddigger; Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:05 am

IrionDaRonin wrote:Hi and welcome.
Must be this way.

~Bazille\Bazille.data\Presets\Bazille

So, after the 'Presets' folder, must be another folder called 'Bazille'. I have it this way.
I hope you are on Windows.

Have a nice day :)

Hi IrionDaRonin :) Yup, that did it. :hyper: There's 'em sounds I was looking for :D Quite pleasing to my ears, I might say. Bumped into some wicked kicks, nice pads, and various cool stuff, lots of potential there :D Without these presets, I'd be pretty much lost, though... This is quite a synth to figure out. Let's see what we can do with this!
:harp:

Thanks again, and take care ;)
Rob West
KVRist
 
120 posts since 21 Aug, 2012

Postby Rob West; Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:10 am

IrionDaRonin wrote:
Sounddigger wrote:Hi guys, can anyone explain how to load presets into this Bazille baby? Like those mentioned in one of the first post of this thread, as posted at http://www.u-he.com/PatchLib/bazille.html

I followed some of the sparse instructions and started by copying the preset folders to what seems to be the dedicated directory for it. So for instance I copied the folder "Alfa210-Bazille", to: Bazille\Bazille.data\Presets\Alfa210-Bazille. The first directory "Bazille" also contains the Bazille.dll file

When I click on the "presets" button within the VST (from within the sequencer/host), I only get a folder called "MIDI Programs". When doing a right click on this folder or the one above, and selecting "refresh folder list", nothing is added.

I tried a few other options I could think of, but nothing seems to do the trick. Trying to import a preset from within the Presonus Studio One's VST context window doesn't work either. I also tried Fruity Loops, but with no success.

Any suggestions? :help:

Thanx! :D


Hi and welcome.
Must be this way.

~Bazille\Bazille.data\Presets\Bazille

So, after the 'Presets' folder, must be another folder called 'Bazille'. I have it this way.
I hope you are on Windows.

Have a nice day :)


OK, I've done that and still nothing in FL 10, when I click on the presets "Initialize" is an option but produces no results and I see no way to even choose presets.

On another note, in FL 10 in the upper left corner where my name used to be it now reads, "RIP, Spencer Steel". The first result in a quick Google search turns out he is a croaked musician and in that page are some songs on Soundcloud. I noticed an update in SC yesterday... have I been hacked, how can someone change the text in the user name of FL 10?
User avatar
justin3am
KVRAF
 
9235 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Southern California

Postby justin3am; Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:15 am

andjac1963 wrote:Hi

I'm struggling to get Logic Express to 'see' the Bazille.vst. I have copied Bazille.vst and Bazille.component to

Mac HD->LIbrary->Audio->Plug-Ins->VST


put Bazille.component here:

Mac HD->Library->Audio->Plug-Ins->Components
Logic doesn't use VSTs, it use Audio Units.

Here are two more batches of patches :)
http://www.3amnoise.net/bazille_patches.zip
http://www.3amnoise.net/contest_scraps.zip

Most of it is just sound effects but you guys might find something useful in there.
User avatar
V'ger
KVRAF
 
3913 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:30 am

Thanks for the patches.
Sounddigger
Banned

Postby Sounddigger; Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:33 am

Robert West wrote:
IrionDaRonin wrote:Must be this way.

~Bazille\Bazille.data\Presets\Bazille

So, after the 'Presets' folder, must be another folder called 'Bazille'. I have it this way.
I hope you are on Windows.

Have a nice day :)


OK, I've done that and still nothing in FL 10, when I click on the presets "Initialize" is an option but produces no results and I see no way to even choose presets.

In Fruity Loops 10 things work fine here. Make sure you put the entire sound folders in that folder. So for the folder "Alfa210-Bazille" you'll get:
Bazille\Bazille.data\Presets\Bazille\Alfa210-Bazille

Then, in FL open Bazille, and click on the button labeled "presets", within the synth panel. That should be enough to see the new folders. If not, try clicking on a link in the VST's folder window with your right mouse button, and select "refresh folder list".

If that still doesn't give anything useful, try completely removing the VST, then start up FL, refresh the VSTs list, close FL, and reinstall the VST with all the folders the way they should be, and launch.

Robert West wrote:On another note, in FL 10 in the upper left corner where my name used to be it now reads, "RIP, Spencer Steel". The first result in a quick Google search turns out he is a croaked musician and in that page are some songs on Soundcloud. I noticed an update in SC yesterday... have I been hacked, how can someone change the text in the user name of FL 10?

That sounds spooky awesome dude :-o I think you should write it up into a scary movie... serious :hihi:

Hope you figure out what it is ;)
Last edited by Sounddigger on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
andjac1963
KVRer
 
27 posts since 26 Aug, 2011

Postby andjac1963; Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:38 am

justin3am wrote:put Bazille.component here:

Mac HD->Library->Audio->Plug-Ins->Components
Logic doesn't use VSTs, it use Audio Units.

Here are two more batches of patches :)
http://www.3amnoise.net/bazille_patches.zip
http://www.3amnoise.net/contest_scraps.zip

Most of it is just sound effects but you guys might find something useful in there.


Justin you are the man. Thanks mate that sorted it, now just have to work out what to do with it !
Rob West
KVRist
 
120 posts since 21 Aug, 2012

Postby Rob West; Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:55 am

Found how to access the presets (in Win7 anyway...)

There is no "Preset" button or anything else on the vst's interface to indicate how to choose a preset. At the top center where, by default, it says

Bazille O.4
Alpha Version

Left Click there and the preset list will show up correctly, if you followed the above post on where to store the presets.

Hope this helps...
User avatar
Yeager
KVRian
 
619 posts since 28 Jun, 2005

Postby Yeager; Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:56 am

Robert West wrote:On another note, in FL 10 in the upper left corner where my name used to be it now reads, "RIP, Spencer Steel". The first result in a quick Google search turns out he is a croaked musician and in that page are some songs on Soundcloud. I noticed an update in SC yesterday... have I been hacked, how can someone change the text in the user name of FL 10?


It's a FLStudio thing, nothing to worry about.

http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=64921 8)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments