What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

TesslaPRO mkII

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

11046 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:59 am

Was that really ported?

To my understanding - the crosstalk was the "stereo channel" crosstalk like VCC/NLS/whatever. Else the consoles reacted (leveled down) on overload.

Because else I'd see a crosstalk mode with like 16 channels, where the first channel has a crosstalk into the 12th (which is far apart on a console - and should not happen!) kind of artfical and forced.

Hm... maybe I simply underload StripBus too much to notice it...

But this is not about SKNote, it's about VoS. Two different beasts.
KVRAF

3300 posts since 15 Jul, 2004, from Italy

Postby quintosardo; Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:52 am

Yes, if you load two Strip instances, e.g. voice and drums, you'll hear the voice coming out from the drums channels, if levels and x-talk are high enough.
revolutionary? Yes :D
Sorry for hi-jacking, it is just because this point is always a bit confused (and I love Bootsie's products, ear, attitude and documentation).
Electronics and music: www.sknote.it
Recording in Italy: www.skstudio.it
KVRAF

17152 posts since 12 Jul, 2003, from West Caprazumia

Postby jens; Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:36 am

Compyfox wrote:
But this is not about SKNote, it's about VoS. Two different beasts.

it was about VoS until you changed that when you corrected thermal by making a false statement about Strip...

Compyfox wrote:
Hm... maybe I simply underload StripBus too much to notice it...

To be frank I wonder how you managed to fail at noticing it.
Last edited by jens on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
'I don't know what makes XT2 sound at least 15% better than XT1, but it simply does.' - DJT

http://www.myspace.com/rustymagicmusic
KVRAF

11046 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:38 am

Yes I did answer to a thing regarding SKnote, but it's still about VoS - and I directed the thread back towards that direction. No need to be nit-picky about it.
KVRAF

2835 posts since 10 Sep, 2003, from Karlskoga, Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Crackbaby; Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:05 am

Apology for false claim accepted!

Respected and liked are two very different things. Social skills don't grow on trees.

Now i direct back to the topic so it's cool that i hijacked a little.
Elektron Machinedrum Mk1 UW, Analog4, Octatrack
Soundcraft EFX12, Alesis 3630, Nanocompressor, Zoom G13, Tapco 3630
Gordon-Smith Gypsy, Yamaha THR10, P-80
M-Audio Delta 24/96 PCI
KVRian

583 posts since 29 Apr, 2012, from Mos Esley

Postby Endor-8o8; Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:25 am

I noticed the blank preset in the console emu section, are there gonna be any other algorythms ?
"It is better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep."
KVRian

651 posts since 19 Apr, 2007, from Frankfurt, Germany

Postby bootsie; Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:25 pm

Endor-8o8 wrote:I noticed the blank preset in the console emu section, are there gonna be any other algorythms ?

thats the plan.
follow me on Image
KVRAF

1692 posts since 9 Jul, 2006, from Paris, France

Postby K-Slash; Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:12 pm

bootsie wrote:
Endor-8o8 wrote:I noticed the blank preset in the console emu section, are there gonna be any other algorythms ?

thats the plan.

Great to know :).
KVRian

583 posts since 29 Apr, 2012, from Mos Esley

Postby Endor-8o8; Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:14 pm

bootsie wrote:

thats the plan.

OMG that's great to know, do you have any idea about the kind of emu you're willing to add ?
"It is better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep."
KVRian

578 posts since 18 Jul, 2004

Postby wsaidah; Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:31 am

can we get a -18 mix level switch like you have on thrillseekerla? that would solve a lot of problems an make it easy to use
DuX
KVRAF

3196 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Underworld

Postby DuX; Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:23 am

Agreed, wsaidah. That would be just peachy. Maybe Bootsie should consider adding the -18dB/0 switch to all of his plugins. Many of us are mixing at normal levels these days, and it gives the opportunity to ones that don't create even more distortion. :D So it's more "creative". :hihi: But TesslaPro in particular works alright, and I usually find it has enough headroom, I even have to boost the signal... hmmm

Just a switch, not different plugins like ThrillseekerXTC black and blue, it's less work to do. ;) Even though they both look kinda nice.

Today I just wished to have a Mojoseeker kinda plugin. It would be just the "Drive" and "Mojo" part from the thrillseeker, as that's what I use the most. :D The thing is, also, that when I'm testing bootsie's plugins, sometimes weird things happen [as in weird distortion, aliasing appears suddenly from nowhere] with his plugins, mostly with EQs, and it happens in unpredictable manner, and I guess it's Synthmaker's issue, of course. But it doesn't happen with anything "driving" audio. ;)

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
KVRian

578 posts since 18 Jul, 2004

Postby wsaidah; Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:29 am

i never used his EQs but i do use interstage section of thrillseekerla! i bypass the compressor on it
DuX
KVRAF

3196 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Underworld

Postby DuX; Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:38 am

wsaidah wrote:i never used his EQs but i do use interstage section of thrillseekerla! i bypass the compressor on it

Oh yeah, the "interstage" of ThreelseekerLA sounds wonderfull, too! Actually, better to my ears than even TesslaPro. Probably because TesslaPro is meant to be more subtle. Our ears like distortion... :D But the only way to turn off the compressor is turn the "range" to 0. He could make a great saturation plugin just with the interstage. Maybe even call it "InterstageLA". :lol: It's just a bit of an "instant magic" for everything. Love it. Not for mastering, though. Just separate tracks, of course.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
KVRAF

2028 posts since 18 Sep, 2003, from West Virginia USA

Postby kylen; Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:17 pm

wsaidah wrote:... but i do use interstage section of thrillseekerla! i bypass the compressor on it

Nice tip - I just did that and it sounds excellant, turned the sidechain to external to keep the compressor off. :tu:
Tp3
KVRAF

1522 posts since 7 Feb, 2007

Postby Tp3; Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:44 am

kylen wrote:
wsaidah wrote:... but i do use interstage section of thrillseekerla! i bypass the compressor on it

Nice tip - I just did that and it sounds excellant, turned the sidechain to external to keep the compressor off. :tu:

Indeed a VERY nice tip ! using TSLA that way, one gets a VERY nice bleaching machine :tu:
The whole notion of Analog vs Digital emulation has long gone haywire...
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects