What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

TheoM
KVRAF
 
19214 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:46 am

I agree.

Also bduffy you are in the prime position to give us some performance reports.. particularly mac users, with the new safety buffer activated. Hint.

:)
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
User avatar
bduffy
KVRAF
 
19398 posts since 13 Feb, 2003, from Vancouver, Canada

Postby bduffy; Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:50 am

SJ_Digriz wrote:
bduffy wrote:I figured it out: it's my Waves V7 bundle. Looks like V7 + C7 = No go.

Man, I really don't feel like shelling out another $200, just to use plug-ins I paid over a grand for...grrr... :x


Well, a 5 year old product with a proprietary wrapper ... What do you expect?

Not busting your balls by the way. But, this is hardly Steinberg's fault. They said up front that 2.3 stuff could have issues. Heck, I would have bet money that Waves would be a problem.

No, it's one of those things I should've paid attention to. What a racket though: charging $200/year for a (formerly) $1,200 bundle....sigh. And forcing us to use iLoks for a decade, then abandoning it...f**k you.
User avatar
SJ_Digriz
KVRAF
 
3113 posts since 4 Jul, 2001, from Prattville, AL

Postby SJ_Digriz; Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:30 am

bduffy wrote:No, it's one of those things I should've paid attention to. What a racket though: charging $200/year for a (formerly) $1,200 bundle....sigh. And forcing us to use iLoks for a decade, then abandoning it...f**k you.

Yeah, I feel for those that bought into the Waves parade. Some good plugs, but too much hassle if you ask me. And, I'm not even talking about the $'s.
I'm not insane. I'm reality challenged.
User avatar
bduffy
KVRAF
 
19398 posts since 13 Feb, 2003, from Vancouver, Canada

Postby bduffy; Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:33 am

SJ_Digriz wrote:
bduffy wrote:No, it's one of those things I should've paid attention to. What a racket though: charging $200/year for a (formerly) $1,200 bundle....sigh. And forcing us to use iLoks for a decade, then abandoning it...f**k you.

Yeah, I feel for those that bought into the Waves parade. Some good plugs, but too much hassle if you ask me. And, I'm not even talking about the $'s.

They're not so hassle-y now if you bought in after V9 (and not as expensive). But they always do have some headache waiting around the bend. WUP should be taken out back and shot.

But then again, I just love too many their products too much to give up. Sigh.
User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
 
2997 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:57 am

dblock wrote:uh oh, I'm trying to install and I get this window that I need a newer windows operating system. Now I see the minimum requirements of Windows 7 or 8.
I'm using Windows XP. I'm screwed. I emailed support pleading for a refund since I ordered the download and didnt/couldn't activate anything. DAMN! :-o
I looked at every detail but the one that counts! :oops: :x :shock: :(
I was planning on upgrading my workstation but not now. Unless Steinberg has alot of Xmas spirit, I have a feeling I won't be using Cubase 7 until Cubase 7.5 comes out. If I could reach my butt, I'd kick it!

Well, if you want to get rid of it, I amm in for a deal - PM me. Bear in mind I am entitled for the Cubase 6.5 price though.
Fernando (FMR)
BERFAB
KVRAF
 
5411 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Postby BERFAB; Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:57 am

Can anyone list and comment on the instruments that are included (like Padshop,etc.)? The official descriptions only list 5 instruments but says there are actually 8. What are the other 3?

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...
User avatar
bduffy
KVRAF
 
19398 posts since 13 Feb, 2003, from Vancouver, Canada

Postby bduffy; Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:14 am

BERFAB wrote:Can anyone list and comment on the instruments that are included (like Padshop,etc.)? The official descriptions only list 5 instruments but says there are actually 8. What are the other 3?

-B

Padshop and Retrologue were the two new, "big deal" synths released with 6.5.

Retrologue, IMHO, is one of the best VA synths out there, very nice filters and believable analog tone with a great GUI.

Padshop is quite good too, does what it says, lots of cool pads to choose from, and spectral editing for the more adventurous. I don't use it much because I own Omnisphere, but I would, if I didn't.

So the full list of synths should be:
  1. Retrologue (stellar)
  2. Padshop (excellent)
  3. GrooveAgent One (good)
  4. HALion Sonic SE (good)
  5. LoopMash (meh)
  6. Mystic (crap)
  7. Prologue (crap)
  8. Spector (garbage)
Last edited by bduffy on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
goyya76
KVRist
 
255 posts since 17 Oct, 2006, from Roma

Postby goyya76; Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:16 am

for what it's worth, before buying i downloaded the installer from steinberg's downloads page - installed it at home, of course C7 won't start but the documentation is there...probably ppl would find things that are missing, but it's better than nothing (but beware: if something looks incomplete... the corresponding function may be incomplete too!) :D
dblock
KVRAF
 
1765 posts since 24 Feb, 2005

Postby dblock; Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:13 am

fmr wrote:
dblock wrote:uh oh, I'm trying to install and I get this window that I need a newer windows operating system. Now I see the minimum requirements of Windows 7 or 8.
I'm using Windows XP. I'm screwed. I emailed support pleading for a refund since I ordered the download and didnt/couldn't activate anything. DAMN! :-o
I looked at every detail but the one that counts! :oops: :x :shock: :(
I was planning on upgrading my workstation but not now. Unless Steinberg has alot of Xmas spirit, I have a feeling I won't be using Cubase 7 until Cubase 7.5 comes out. If I could reach my butt, I'd kick it!

Well, if you want to get rid of it, I amm in for a deal - PM me. Bear in mind I am entitled for the Cubase 6.5 price though.

Mine is the upgrade from Cubase 6.
User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
 
2997 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:22 pm

dblock wrote:
fmr wrote:
dblock wrote:uh oh, I'm trying to install and I get this window that I need a newer windows operating system. Now I see the minimum requirements of Windows 7 or 8.
I'm using Windows XP. I'm screwed. I emailed support pleading for a refund since I ordered the download and didnt/couldn't activate anything. DAMN! :-o
I looked at every detail but the one that counts! :oops: :x :shock: :(
I was planning on upgrading my workstation but not now. Unless Steinberg has alot of Xmas spirit, I have a feeling I won't be using Cubase 7 until Cubase 7.5 comes out. If I could reach my butt, I'd kick it!

Well, if you want to get rid of it, I amm in for a deal - PM me. Bear in mind I am entitled for the Cubase 6.5 price though.

Mine is the upgrade from Cubase 6.
Too bad. We could both win if it was 6.5
Fernando (FMR)
ericj23
KVRAF
 
2355 posts since 25 Aug, 2002, from here

Postby ericj23; Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:27 pm

dblock wrote:
fmr wrote:
dblock wrote:uh oh, I'm trying to install and I get this window that I need a newer windows operating system. Now I see the minimum requirements of Windows 7 or 8.
I'm using Windows XP. I'm screwed. I emailed support pleading for a refund since I ordered the download and didnt/couldn't activate anything. DAMN! :-o
I looked at every detail but the one that counts! :oops: :x :shock: :(
I was planning on upgrading my workstation but not now. Unless Steinberg has alot of Xmas spirit, I have a feeling I won't be using Cubase 7 until Cubase 7.5 comes out. If I could reach my butt, I'd kick it!

Well, if you want to get rid of it, I amm in for a deal - PM me. Bear in mind I am entitled for the Cubase 6.5 price though.

Mine is the upgrade from Cubase 6.


I would buy that for a decent price
down boy
dblock
KVRAF
 
1765 posts since 24 Feb, 2005

Postby dblock; Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:52 pm

ericj23 wrote:
dblock wrote:
fmr wrote:
dblock wrote:uh oh, I'm trying to install and I get this window that I need a newer windows operating system. Now I see the minimum requirements of Windows 7 or 8.
I'm using Windows XP. I'm screwed. I emailed support pleading for a refund since I ordered the download and didnt/couldn't activate anything. DAMN! :-o
I looked at every detail but the one that counts! :oops: :x :shock: :(
I was planning on upgrading my workstation but not now. Unless Steinberg has alot of Xmas spirit, I have a feeling I won't be using Cubase 7 until Cubase 7.5 comes out. If I could reach my butt, I'd kick it!

Well, if you want to get rid of it, I amm in for a deal - PM me. Bear in mind I am entitled for the Cubase 6.5 price though.

Mine is the upgrade from Cubase 6.


I would buy that for a decent price

Curious how that would work if I do decide to sell it. It's not registered, I have the Cubase7 update installer and and the license key number so I guess there's nothing to transfer as far as Cubase is concerned (?)
User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
 
2997 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:56 pm

dblock wrote:
ericj23 wrote:
dblock wrote:
fmr wrote:
dblock wrote:uh oh, I'm trying to install and I get this window that I need a newer windows operating system. Now I see the minimum requirements of Windows 7 or 8.
I'm using Windows XP. I'm screwed. I emailed support pleading for a refund since I ordered the download and didnt/couldn't activate anything. DAMN! :-o
I looked at every detail but the one that counts! :oops: :x :shock: :(
I was planning on upgrading my workstation but not now. Unless Steinberg has alot of Xmas spirit, I have a feeling I won't be using Cubase 7 until Cubase 7.5 comes out. If I could reach my butt, I'd kick it!

Well, if you want to get rid of it, I amm in for a deal - PM me. Bear in mind I am entitled for the Cubase 6.5 price though.

Mine is the upgrade from Cubase 6.


I would buy that for a decent price

Curious how that would work if I do decide to sell it. It's not registered, I have the Cubase7 update installer and and the license key number so I guess there's nothing to transfer as far as Cubase is concerned (?)

If you did not use the code and download the license into your eLicenser, it's valid and good to sell. Otherwise, it isn't. Since you said you were not able to install Cubase 7, I assumed you didn't use the code you received to download the license into the key. That UNUSED code is the only thing that matters.
Fernando (FMR)
dblock
KVRAF
 
1765 posts since 24 Feb, 2005

Postby dblock; Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:04 pm

fmr wrote:
dblock wrote:
ericj23 wrote:
dblock wrote:
fmr wrote:
dblock wrote:uh oh, I'm trying to install and I get this window that I need a newer windows operating system. Now I see the minimum requirements of Windows 7 or 8.
I'm using Windows XP. I'm screwed. I emailed support pleading for a refund since I ordered the download and didnt/couldn't activate anything. DAMN! :-o
I looked at every detail but the one that counts! :oops: :x :shock: :(
I was planning on upgrading my workstation but not now. Unless Steinberg has alot of Xmas spirit, I have a feeling I won't be using Cubase 7 until Cubase 7.5 comes out. If I could reach my butt, I'd kick it!

Well, if you want to get rid of it, I amm in for a deal - PM me. Bear in mind I am entitled for the Cubase 6.5 price though.

Mine is the upgrade from Cubase 6.


Looks like I may be in luck. Just heard from Cubase wanting proof of purchase. Keeping my fingers crossed.
User avatar
Tp3
KVRAF
 
1585 posts since 7 Feb, 2007

Postby Tp3; Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:20 pm

bduffy wrote:Padshop and Retrologue were the two new, "big deal" synths released with 6.5.

Retrologue, IMHO, is one of the best VA synths out there, very nice filters and believable analog tone with a great GUI.

+1 for that

bduffy wrote:Padshop is quite good too, does what it says, lots of cool pads to choose from, and spectral editing for the more adventurous. I don't use it much because I own Omnisphere, but I would, if I didn't.

Omni and PadS aren't the same (not that you hint they are, it is just that this are not from the same breed).
You can do wacky thing in PadS, that you can't even dream of, with Omnisph (to the best of my knowledge).

bduffy wrote:So the full list of synths should be:
[list=1]
....
....
....
....[*]LoopMash (meh)

You mean "LoopMehsh" :hihi:

It IS useful. for a whole lot of people (myself included).
The notion of "options" works like a potion of distortion
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)