how long did it take you to write an entire track on a consistent basis?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As I think about this thread, I can't help but to put up another invitation to you all to join in the fun with the February Album Writing Month challenge at www.fawm.org The pre-February forums will likely open soon and the fun and anticipation begins.

There are scant few 'electronic/dance/fill_in_the_blank' artists that participate, likely because of the time involved to fine-tune/tweak these styles to the point of 'songness', but the community there will welcome you with open arms.

There are a couple that participate that are simply ace. One guy has releases on Loodma recordings, which is probably my favorite place to go for top drawer IDM and whatever other tags are put on the latest computer-centric-creation type of music.

Participating and trying to meet the 14 songs in one month challenge will absolutely force you to get out of the tweak tweak tweak mode of track producing/songwriting and get you into the structure and layout and melody first type of thinking.

-Scott

I'm gonna do FAWN. Sounds really cool :)

Return to “Production Techniques”