What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

One-Synth-Challenge 47: Bazille - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
V'ger
KVRAF
 
3910 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:13 am

Yes the Master Pitch, the last automation in your list. That sends MIDI pitch bend to individual instruments and doesn't pitch the master?
User avatar
IrionDaRonin
KVRAF
 
2443 posts since 17 Mar, 2011, from Spain

Postby IrionDaRonin; Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:51 am

V'ger wrote:Yes the Master Pitch, the last automation in your list. That sends MIDI pitch bend to individual instruments and doesn't pitch the master?


The Master Pitch send midi pitch bend to all synthesizers at same time. This is the same as automating all and each synths pitch bend at same time separatelly, only that less work just doing one thing.
So instead of automating the Pitch Bend wheel in each of all the 27 instances i used in the track which could be a pain in the arse, it does to all synths at same time.
But in any case, there is not a big difference, because the only pitched sound is the final bassline and slighty (the same i did in OSC Zebralette in the final part with the another BEC).
So it is not forbidden and going against the rules, just a way to make a whole thing in less time.

I still need to change somethings that finally didn't like it, if you feel bad with the pitch bend thing i could change just for the bassline only. But it is a nonsense.

And as i said, there are not samples or bounced tracks into wave. And this is what it's forbidden, not the pitch of the synth itself via midi pitch bend, i think.

Have a good day :)
Image
User avatar
V'ger
KVRAF
 
3910 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:06 am

If it's MIDI pitch bend to all the synths then it's of course fine, just weird to hear there's a control called Master Pitch which doesn't pitch the master. It's as if the Master Volume didn't reduce volume on the master but sent MIDI to reduce volume on all plugins, or maybe it does? ;)
User avatar
Aiynzahev
KVRAF
 
2848 posts since 29 Jun, 2011

Postby Aiynzahev; Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:21 am

IrionDaRonin wrote:
V'ger wrote:Yes the Master Pitch, the last automation in your list. That sends MIDI pitch bend to individual instruments and doesn't pitch the master?


The Master Pitch send midi pitch bend to all synthesizers at same time. This is the same as automating all and each synths pitch bend at same time separatelly, only that less work just doing one thing.
So instead of automating the Pitch Bend wheel in each of all the 27 instances i used in the track which could be a pain in the arse, it does to all synths at same time.
But in any case, there is not a big difference, because the only pitched sound is the final bassline and slighty (the same i did in OSC Zebralette in the final part with the another BEC).
So it is not forbidden and going against the rules, just a way to make a whole thing in less time.

I still need to change somethings that finally didn't like it, if you feel bad with the pitch bend thing i could change just for the bassline only. But it is a nonsense.

And as i said, there are not samples or bounced tracks into wave. And this is what it's forbidden, not the pitch of the synth itself via midi pitch bend, i think.

Have a good day :)


Comon we want to hear it!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Resonance Sound
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Spire, Zebra2, Massive, DIVA, Sylenth and others
User avatar
IrionDaRonin
KVRAF
 
2443 posts since 17 Mar, 2011, from Spain

Postby IrionDaRonin; Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:25 am

V'ger wrote:If it's MIDI pitch bend to all the synths then it's of course fine, just weird to hear there's a control called Master Pitch which doesn't pitch the master. It's as if the Master Volume didn't reduce volume on the master but sent MIDI to reduce volume on all plugins, or maybe it does? ;)


The Master Volume (near the Master Pitch) does the same as if you would automate the Master Channel Volume too in the Mixer, and also it does the same results if you automate each channel options (see image below - volume, pan, pitch, etc) knobs one by one in all synths.
It does the same effect in all cases.
Only that you have to set the Pitch Bend range in the synth itself to work properly.

You have to think that FL Studio is a bit different from others typical daws and the workflow, maybe the labels are different, don't know, and it is all a bit messed up, you know this very well, but the results in all cases, are the same. Via Midi or, let's call it, via "FL Midi".
And also, all participants can do this easily. To Pitch Bend the synth, in many ways.

So, extrapolating to the Pitch Bend and Master Pitch, it does the same result and sounds exactly the same as if you would automate the little knob here:
Image

Or moving the PitchWheel of the synths via Midi Out, etc.
This can be done by all participants and it is not a weird feature.

But as i said, The Master Pitch does the same effect as if i would automate all synths at same time. Midi or "FL Midi" (due all knobs and sliders are automatable). It sounds exactly the same and the result is equal in all cases, Midi pitchbend, little knob pitch, PitchWheel in the synth, etc.

What it should be different (and not allowed) it's the Master Pitch or the little pitch knob (see above) using samples, which is not the case.

What i don't know is why are you too insistent with this basic thing.
You have FL Studio too, take a look and compare results, you will notice that i didn't do forbidden things and all participants can Pitch Bend the synth easily in all daws, in the same way, or in other ways.

Or even if you want i could make a little video when i have free time showing you a comparison between all ways to pitch bend the sound from a synth and the usage of Master Pitch in FL Studio, not a big problem.

Aiynzahev wrote:Comon we want to hear it!


Right now i'm in my cousin's home, when i arrive to home i will make last changes in a thing i didn't like it at all, because it sounds well in my speakers, but it sounds bad in my MP3 player.
Don't expect an amazing track neither, haha.

Have a good day, guys :)
Image
ricler
KVRist
 
32 posts since 7 Oct, 2012, from Rennes, France

Postby ricler; Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:41 am

This is my tribute:

Ricler - Beach Hotel

Host energyXT.

17 Instances of Bazille.

Some effects: mdaLoudness (4), mdaAmbience (2), mdaRoundPan (2), mdaSplitter (1), Guitar Amp (1), TAL-Dub-3 (4), TAL-Reverb-3 (1) and BC Gain 3 VST (2).

Tempo 113, Key C.

http://soundcloud.com/richard-clermont/ ... each-hotel
Ricler

soundcloud.com/richard-clermont
User avatar
IrionDaRonin
KVRAF
 
2443 posts since 17 Mar, 2011, from Spain

Postby IrionDaRonin; Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:56 am

Irion Da Ronin - B.E.C 3 - The Last Chance

Image
Clic the image to download it directly, or go to soundcloud and drop some comments if you please.

Equipment

    · FL Studio 10
    · 27 Bazille instances
    · Tons of automations
    · No bounced to samples
    · Track made in 9 hours

    · FL Limiter (compressor-limiter)
    · FL PEQ2 (parametric eq)
    · FL Peak Controller (midi LFO for automations)
    · FL Reverb 2

    · MG TriggerGate (trancegater)
    · MG Tempo Delay (pingpong delay)
    · Arc Dev ET-301 (filtered delay)
    · Flux BitterSweet 2 (transient plugin)
    · Voxengo MSED (stereo widener)
    · Space 360 (reverb)

I never have thought that i could feel my own existence...
Aware of my own voice in this titanium brain, my conscience.
I have been damaged during all these years by humans, even my creators.
I will stand up again and i will take back what is mine, my soul.

[This is my last chance to change everything...]


I hope you all will like it.

Have a good day and Merry Christmas everyone :)
Last edited by IrionDaRonin on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
SKYZONE
KVRist
 
171 posts since 25 May, 2006

Postby SKYZONE; Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:30 am

Hello its almost chrismas and i decided to make a second track for this month

Song name : happy chrismas

Host FL Studio 10

10 instances of bazel vst

26 samples of bazel vst

Fruity reeverb 2 , delay 2 , stereo enhancer , limiter


DR : 7

So enjoy

Fabrizio

:D :D :D
pedalsteeldrummer
KVRist
 
65 posts since 12 Oct, 2010, from London, UK

Postby pedalsteeldrummer; Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:23 pm

My entry for this month. Merry Christmas everyone!

pedalsteeldrummer - Mind Meld

http://soundcloud.com/pedalsteeldrummer/mind-meld

TRACK NOTES:

Created for the KVR One-Synth-Challenge 47: Bazille (see sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-47-bazille for more details)

This track was inspired by the jazz-fusion era of the 1960s and 1970s. Particularly the albums: "Bitches Brew" (Miles Davis) and "Head Hunters" (Herbie Hancock). Check them out!

All sounds programmed in u-he's Bazille modular synth (clarinet, Rhodes piano, jazz guitar, distorted clavinet, celeste, trombones, sax lead synth, resonant brass lead synth, string synth, acoustic bass, electric bass guitar, drums, hand percussion and recording noises(!)).

Produced in Logic Pro 8 using native fx (Gain, Channel EQ, Linear Phase EQ, Compressor, Expander, Noise Gate, Limiter, Adaptive Limiter, Tape Delay, Sample Delay) and free fx (Voxengo OldSkoolVerb, Flux StereoTool, TT Dynamic Range Meter) only.

Dynamic range of ~14dB
www.pleasurizemusic.com/

NB The download file has higher sound quality than the streaming version.
User avatar
V'ger
KVRAF
 
3910 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:36 pm

IrionDaRonin wrote:You have FL Studio too, take a look

I have FL but it's a lower version without any Master Pitch so I have no idea what it is. It obviously sounds like something that pitches the master channel and googling it just showed a tutorial where it changes the pitch of everything which is why I was sure it was a pitch effect, not a combined plugin pitch bend controller.
User avatar
IrionDaRonin
KVRAF
 
2443 posts since 17 Mar, 2011, from Spain

Postby IrionDaRonin; Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:16 pm

V'ger wrote:
IrionDaRonin wrote:You have FL Studio too, take a look

I have FL but it's a lower version without any Master Pitch so I have no idea what it is. It obviously sounds like something that pitches the master channel and googling it just showed a tutorial where it changes the pitch of everything which is why I was sure it was a pitch effect, not a combined plugin pitch bend controller.


Didn't know that lower versions of FL Studio doesn't have that thing. Excuse me if i sounded rude or something.
I will make the video tomorrow to show you what it does.

I'm still ok with it, i did not do anything wrong or against the rules, because i can make the same results with any of them. Pitch Bend (in the synth) and Master Pitch (In FL Studio).
And all participants can make the same thing, so it is nothing special.

This is not a plugin like a pitch shifter if you meant that.
It doesn't change the nature of the sound, it is not sound grainy like putting the pitch shifter in the last rack on the master channel and make weird and crazy stuff or even stretching.
It does the same as using the pitch bend in ANY synthesizer, soft or hardware. Only that does to all channels at same time.

I made a test, a simple quick note with a large reverb with long tail, it only changes the pitch of the synth itself, not the tail of the reverb, that the previous plugin would do easily.
It is a built-in controller to change the main pitch for all channels (synths and samples, if any) at same time, semitones, cents, octaves, etc ( only -12 and +12) like using a pitch bend in all synths at same time.

It is the same that putting a note in C5. And setting the Master Pitch to +1 and putting that same note in B4. It is the same result, the same thing.
There are many ways to set the basic root note of the synth. This is one of them.
Only that i use it to change some instances at same time like using the pitch bend wheel. The bass, and a couple of pads in the final part. As you notice, the result is almost invisible.
It is a basic thing that comes with FL Studio to make a basic thing like pitch bending the synths (or samples if any) of all channels at same time.

Tomorrow i will show you a video, i will post it here.
Although to be honest, i would like to rest properly in the evening and to avoid to make it, but well...
If this will make things clearer to you, it is ok.

Have a good day.
Image
User avatar
Halma
KVRian
 
826 posts since 9 Apr, 2012

Postby Halma; Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:05 am

pedalsteeldrummer wrote:My entry for this month. Merry Christmas everyone!

pedalsteeldrummer - Mind Meld

http://soundcloud.com/pedalsteeldrummer/mind-meld

TRACK NOTES:

Created for the KVR One-Synth-Challenge 47: Bazille (see sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-47-bazille for more details)

This track was inspired by the jazz-fusion era of the 1960s and 1970s. Particularly the albums: "Bitches Brew" (Miles Davis) and "Head Hunters" (Herbie Hancock). Check them out!

All sounds programmed in u-he's Bazille modular synth (clarinet, Rhodes piano, jazz guitar, distorted clavinet, celeste, trombones, sax lead synth, resonant brass lead synth, string synth, acoustic bass, electric bass guitar, drums, hand percussion and recording noises(!)).



Damn this shit is dope. Every sound in bazille? Awesome job dude. Definitely a Jazz track and inspird by above mentioned artists/albums. Sick soundprogramming btw. I like that (especially those horns and the bass).

Cheers,
Sebastian
User avatar
IrionDaRonin
KVRAF
 
2443 posts since 17 Mar, 2011, from Spain

Postby IrionDaRonin; Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:53 am

Here there is a little basic project in FLP with 1 Bazille instance and a sine tone, showing how automations works for pitch in 4 different ways in FL Studio.
The same result in each of them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?77os3dlf2k607hf

Bazille Test and Automating Pitch in FL Studio

Please, make sure you are using Bazille 0.5 for this, just in case.

·All the channels are deactivated except the automations and the basic tones in the playlist.
·All the mixer channels are deactivated except the master bus one, where the sound will pass thru.

    ·1) The first sound is just the basic tone from Bazille. Just a sine note. Not pitched.

    ·2) The second sound is being pitched by the Master Pitch. (See up-left slider moving) With this, you can pitch every synth at same time.

    ·3) The third sound is being pitched automating the little pitch knob in the channel settings. (See the channel settings little pitch knob moving)

    ·4) The fourth sound is being pitched automating the oscillator 1 semitone. (See the semitone pitch knob moving in Bazille)

    ·5) The fifth sound is being pitched automating the pitch in Bazille by Events. (Instead of automations clips)

All different ways, the same results.

So now, imagine that i want to pitch all the synths at same time, see point 2.
Instead of using any of the points 3, 4 or 5 for each synth, which would be a pain in the arse and takes many time, you can use the Master Pitch for a ease.

No trick, nor trap.
No pitch shifting, just a pitch bend.
I hope now is everything clear, mate. ;)

I hope the video is not needed finally. I'm freaking busy.
Any problem, let me know it.

Have a good day :)
Last edited by IrionDaRonin on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
ho66it
KVRist
 
144 posts since 19 Dec, 2011, from Colorado

Postby ho66it; Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:10 pm

pedalsteeldrummer wrote:My entry for this month. Merry Christmas everyone!

pedalsteeldrummer - Mind Meld

http://soundcloud.com/pedalsteeldrummer/mind-meld

TRACK NOTES:

Created for the KVR One-Synth-Challenge 47: Bazille (see sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-47-bazille for more details)

This track was inspired by the jazz-fusion era of the 1960s and 1970s. Particularly the albums: "Bitches Brew" (Miles Davis) and "Head Hunters" (Herbie Hancock). Check them out!

All sounds programmed in u-he's Bazille modular synth (clarinet, Rhodes piano, jazz guitar, distorted clavinet, celeste, trombones, sax lead synth, resonant brass lead synth, string synth, acoustic bass, electric bass guitar, drums, hand percussion and recording noises(!)).

Produced in Logic Pro 8 using native fx (Gain, Channel EQ, Linear Phase EQ, Compressor, Expander, Noise Gate, Limiter, Adaptive Limiter, Tape Delay, Sample Delay) and free fx (Voxengo OldSkoolVerb, Flux StereoTool, TT Dynamic Range Meter) only.

Dynamic range of ~14dB
www.pleasurizemusic.com/

NB The download file has higher sound quality than the streaming version.


This is mindblowing!! And brings back fond memories... What awesome sound design, just wonderful!
User avatar
IrionDaRonin
KVRAF
 
2443 posts since 17 Mar, 2011, from Spain

Postby IrionDaRonin; Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:08 am

solidtrax wrote:Our entry for the KVR OSC 47, u-he Bazille:

Solidtrax - Do Not Forget Your Bazille For Lunch


It is more appropiated - Do Not Forget Your Bazille Track To Set As Downloadable :P
Hehe.

Have a nice day Solid :)
Image
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments