Loving Torch..but a couple questions..

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just got Torch recently and enjoy the program, but I have a couple questions after using it:

1. I know you can select a certain number of strings when doing user chords, but is there a way to mute strings in the middle of the fretboard. There are many chords that do this...for example, the E,A,G,B, and high E strings will be fretted while the D string is muted. From my exploring I haven't been able to figure this out.

2. Why only 3 slots for user strum patterns? This seems quite limiting. Is this a Kontakt issue? I know I can sequence patterns in my DAW, but I find the sequencer in Torch to be more intuitive. While I'm at it...how about allowing for 2 bar patterns where strums go across the two bar lines?

1. For now, it is only possible to choose the string configurations in the pull-down menu, so you cannot mute the middle strings- yet. The StrumMaker engine will be undergoing an overhaul (pun intended) this spring/summer, and will have this ability.

2. Kontakt 5 has new ways of dealing with preset data, so I'll look into adding more user presets also.

3. Good idea, too. We'll at least add the ability to choose the note resolution of the sequencer, which would allow 8th note patterns to cover 2 measures.

TC

^^^^
Please tread carefully.

If you do use Kontakt 5 for any Torch (or other instrument) updates, then it will can no longer be loaded in Kontakt 4.

NI did that for its own libraries and those users who had initially bought K4-compatible libraries from NI were understandably upset. As they could only use the updates if they installed K5 Player (with possilbe Instrument Editing limitations) or bought Kontakt 5.

Stick to K4 if you possibly can for the wider market - or provide both K4 and K5 instruments.

[Yes, I have K4 here ;)]
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Don't worry, I have no plans of moving the products to K5 yet (probably not until NI comes out with K6, whenever that might be). The updates planned for this year will be for K4.

TC

:tu:
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Indiginus”