What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Richie Hawtin and the new NI app. But how?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

6349 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:12 am Richie Hawtin and the new NI app. But how?

Richie Hawtin is demoing a new NI app on his iPad.

How is it possible to download an app without going through iTunes, and therefore making the app available to everybody?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

21375 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:18 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:Richie Hawtin is demoing a new NI app on his iPad.

How is it possible to download an app without going through iTunes, and therefore making the app available to everybody?

Wouldnt be any way to have betatesters if there wasnt. Its probably still through the same download mechanisms, just with restricted access.
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
audiojunkie
KVRAF

2681 posts since 18 Apr, 2002, from Ogden, UT

Postby audiojunkie; Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:19 am

Where is this? Link please!!!! :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10302 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:23 am

There are at least 2 ways to distribute apps to beta testers without going through the app store itself.

Testflight is one mechanism (works over the air), another is directly copying a pre-authorised app to the device via iTunes. Either way, if you managed to get hold of the app file it would not work on your device with some serious hacking.

Peace,
Andy.
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:28 am

audiojunkie wrote:

--Sean
It was from tweety bird:

@NI_News: Here's @richiehawtin getting first touch on the upcoming Native Instruments iPad app - http://t.co/r4uOnBlc
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:29 am

whyterabbyt wrote:

Wouldnt be any way to have betatesters if there wasnt. Its probably still through the same download mechanisms, just with restricted access.
Yes of course. Very valid point.
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:31 am

ZenPunkHippy wrote:There are at least 2 ways to distribute apps to beta testers without going through the app store itself.

Testflight is one mechanism (works over the air), another is directly copying a pre-authorised app to the device via iTunes. Either way, if you managed to get hold of the app file it would not work on your device with some serious hacking.

Peace,
Andy.
Interesting. In hindsight it is obvious for beta testing purposes.
Never really thought about it before now.
audiojunkie
KVRAF

2681 posts since 18 Apr, 2002, from Ogden, UT

Postby audiojunkie; Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:33 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:

--Sean
It was from tweety bird:

@NI_News: Here's @richiehawtin getting first touch on the upcoming Native Instruments iPad app - http://t.co/r4uOnBlc

Hmmm.... any ideas what the app is or what it will do? Unfortunately, that screenshot shows nothing. My guess is that it will be some DJ app and won't be useful to me.... :-( Let's hope it supports audiobus though. :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.
Plake
KVRer

11 posts since 15 Jan, 2010, from Germany

Postby Plake; Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:18 pm

Maybe something like a Kore Touch App for controlling all NI plugins?!

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Mobile Apps and Hardware