What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

What happened to Kirnu..?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Sushimaster
KVRist
 
34 posts since 19 Apr, 2011

Postby Sushimaster; Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:00 am

Well, arp!0 looks odd, it's missing patterns and it's only for Reaper (or?).
k3ith
KVRist
 
237 posts since 16 Jan, 2010

Postby k3ith; Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:50 am

tony Smyth wrote:Sorry, but you are going to lose customers with that video- how to make utterly derivative, boring, predictable, gutless cheezetrance thats been done 10 zillion times. I'm sure your syth is capable of much more than this.


Bitter much? I thought the video was pretty sweet! :p
User avatar
V'ger
KVRAF
 
3920 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:27 pm

Sushimaster wrote:Well, arp!0 looks odd, it's missing patterns and it's only for Reaper (or?).

No it's part of the ReaJS VST.

And what's odd that it comes with no patterns when Kirnu was released with none either?
Sushimaster
KVRist
 
34 posts since 19 Apr, 2011

Postby Sushimaster; Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:43 pm

V'ger wrote:And what's odd that it comes with no patterns when Kirnu was released with none either?


You wrote:
"Depends on the features etc, but it must be compared to other arps and for example Arp!0 is packed with features and free so it can't be that much."

So, when you compare arp!0 against Cream, stick to the facts. Cream has patterns!? It's the most missing feature for me in Kirnu (or other arp plugins)!
User avatar
V'ger
KVRAF
 
3920 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:01 pm

What are you on about? Did I say Cream has patterns? And how can you possible say what Cream has when it hasn't been released yet?!

Stick to facts please..
Sushimaster
KVRist
 
34 posts since 19 Apr, 2011

Postby Sushimaster; Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:10 pm

V'ger wrote:And how can you possible say what Cream has when it hasn't been released yet?!


Did you watched both videos from the dev? you can see clearly "Pattern".

Oh, the second video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-lLqD0hIaM) also shows patterns! Your time is 2:15 !!

Patterns are a killer feature - if you ask me...
User avatar
V'ger
KVRAF
 
3920 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:32 pm

Sigh..

First you say it's odd that Arp!0 doesn't come with patterns.

I ask what's so odd about it when Kirnu was never released with it.

Then you claim I said Cream never had patterns, and on top of that want me to stick to facts? :roll:
Sushimaster
KVRist
 
34 posts since 19 Apr, 2011

Postby Sushimaster; Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:46 pm

V'ger wrote:Sigh..

First you say it's odd that Arp!0 doesn't come with patterns.


No, I just wrote it looks odd AND it's missing patterns! You got my line wrong I guess :D

=> Well, arp!0 looks odd, it's missing patterns and it's only for Reaper (or?).

Ok, it's not only for Reaper, I got that. I don't care either because I *have* Reaper :)

V'ger wrote:I ask what's so odd about it when Kirnu was never released with it.

Then you claim I said Cream never had patterns, and on top of that want me to stick to facts? :roll:


I guess you misunderstand my lonely line completely :)

Back top topic:
arp!0 is not a really good competition. The "Blue Arp" comes much closer, but it seems the author has some problems since some versions... dunno exactly, just read about it 2 days ago...
User avatar
V'ger
KVRAF
 
3920 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:18 pm

Arp!0 is much more powerful than Blue Arp and even Kirnu 1 in my opinion. Independent length for each control sequence, directional control, CC control, random sequence feature + more. Try it out properly. (click the feature names (for example trans) to open alternative input methods) And click the [arp!0] top right to open the settings page and try some random sequencing etc.

About looks, yes Kirnu is pretty, but I much prefer a tab-less environment like Arp!0 for fast editing and overview.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments