Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Savihost or other receptor compatible SWAM host.

Discussion and Support for Receptor and MuseBox, the Hardware Plug-in players by Muse Research.

Moderators: Meffy, gary@museresearch, farhan, Kevin@MuseResearch, Bryan@MuseResearch

danmack
KVRist

96 posts since 1 Dec, 2006

Postby danmack; Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:56 pm Savihost or other receptor compatible SWAM host.

Hi,
Just got an email from Samplemodeling that the saxes have all been redone for the SWAM Engine. I use the sax Bros. currently on my Receptor2+ with Kontakt Player 5. My curiosity is if the SWAM engine will run on the Receptor with a host like Savihost or something similar or is this a lost cause... Of course my receptor may not be fast enough too But I would love to upgrade these if possible. Thanks...

Dan Mackey :?:
Ben H
KVRAF

1924 posts since 28 Jul, 2003

Postby Ben H; Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:53 pm

The Receptor plays VSTi's.

SWAM engine is a VSTi.

So I'm not sure why you are talking about installing another host on your Receptor? :?
My main tools: Kontakt 5, Alchemy (RIP), Omnisphere 2, Iris 1 (not interested in V2), Padshop Pro, and Samplemodeling SWAM.
danmack
KVRist

Postby danmack; Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:38 am

The reason I am asking is that some VSTi's require a hot to operate as a standalone instrument. The sax brothers require konrakt, the swam engine saxes info states that they require a host to run standalone and konrakt won't run it. Unless something has changed in the last several months WIVI doesn't work on the receptor at all due to a GUI issue. I see autocorrect is messing with my spellings. I am not trying to be rude but do you have a receptor? It is not as simple as dropping just any VSTi in and it just working. There are a number of compatibility issues that need to be addressed. Things always do change so maybe some things like WIVI may work now and if it does I am not aware of that. It has been a while since I tried to deal with it and Wallender had no immediate plans to implement it, nor did the folks at muse research. Thanks for the reply.

Dan
Ben H
KVRAF

1924 posts since 28 Jul, 2003

Postby Ben H; Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:59 am

Muse Receptor is a host.
The Samplemodeling instruments for Kontakt are libraries.
The SWAM instruments are instruments... VSTi's.
They DO NOT require a player like the Kontakt libraries.

Now as to whether they actually work in the Receptor or not, I do not know, sorry.
My main tools: Kontakt 5, Alchemy (RIP), Omnisphere 2, Iris 1 (not interested in V2), Padshop Pro, and Samplemodeling SWAM.
danmack
KVRist

Postby danmack; Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:01 am

Are you running a receptor at all and are you running the tools you list on it. If so I would like to know if you have wivi working on it and if so, how?
Thanks,
Dan
danmack
KVRist

Postby danmack; Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:02 am

I will be able to find out if swam will load on the receptor. The folks at samplemodeling have sent me a license code to try the clarinet to see if it will load. This will be great if it works. It will be interesting to see if by this being a direct VSTi instead of a library if there is better performance without having kontakt in the way.

Thank you everyone for the help and answer given thus far.

Dan Mackey :D

Moderators: Meffy, gary@museresearch, farhan, Kevin@MuseResearch, Bryan@MuseResearch

Return to Muse Research and Development