What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Aalto Solo goes Aalto CM, coming April 24

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
Totolitoto
KVRAF
 
1621 posts since 7 Jan, 2004, from Earth

Postby Totolitoto; Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:24 am

oilectro wrote:
Totolitoto wrote:
beingmf wrote:Here it crashes Reaper every once in a while when switching presets.

I just got my Beat copy and I confirm It crashes FL every once in a while when switching presets.
Can we hope for a fix for this even if it's a Beat version? :oops:


Same her with Cubase Artist 7. It crashes when you switch presets. The demo Aalto does not have this problem.


I've been told by Randy that a fix for the solo version will (may) be send to Beat soon... It indeed was fixed with the demo but not with the solo version.

Cheers,
David
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
 
8151 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:19 am

Totolitoto wrote:I've been told by Randy that a fix for the solo version will (may) be send to Beat soon... It indeed was fixed with the demo but not with the solo version.


Just got my magazine in the mail too. Unfortunately I also got crach problems with Aalto Solo, tried it in both FL Studio and Cantabile, and crashes both :(

I hope they will issue an update
User avatar
Totolitoto
KVRAF
 
1621 posts since 7 Jan, 2004, from Earth

Postby Totolitoto; Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:42 am

FYI It's not perfect but the crash is avoided when you switch of presets using the preset browser instead of the arrows!
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
 
8151 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:03 am

Totolitoto wrote:FYI It's not perfect but the crash is avoided when you switch of presets using the preset browser instead of the arrows!


In FL Studio I also get crashes when switching presets using the browser.

I think I will be using it with savihost for the time being. There the arrows actually works without crashing, at least for a while, and when the synth crashes, I can quickly close the host and reopen it again.

Some lovely sounds this is capable of making, favourite straight out of the box are patches like OB-X night porter which sound like it is coded by Boards Of Canada :love:
reusenoise
KVRian
 
724 posts since 23 Oct, 2009, from Italy

Postby reusenoise; Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:52 am

Download via Beat Facebook page,no mag needed 8)
sinkmusic
KVRAF
 
5516 posts since 28 Apr, 2004, from france

Postby sinkmusic; Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:59 am

Thank you.
Would you have a link ? Googling "Beat magazine Facebook page" gives me some resutls which aren't the good ones...
I have ordered and received Beat Mag, but i'd be interesting to hae a link to be able to download updates ;)
Image
reusenoise
KVRian
 
724 posts since 23 Oct, 2009, from Italy

Postby reusenoise; Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:10 am

https://www.facebook.com/beat.magazin

Klick on Like button,then click on the small Download icon on the right of likes counter
sinkmusic
KVRAF
 
5516 posts since 28 Apr, 2004, from france

Postby sinkmusic; Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:19 am

Thank you (bis) !

Argh, i hate that "like" fashion with a passion, and i don't have a FB account.
I was hoping for a public link.
I'd better like an official website where to download product upgrades, just like CM recently did. If i have an official copy of their software, i shouldn't have to have a FB account and "like" them.
Ok, complainer mode OFF ;)
Image
User avatar
gamecat666
KVRian
 
868 posts since 16 Feb, 2010

Postby gamecat666; Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:14 am

sinkmusic wrote:Thank you (bis) !

Argh, i hate that "like" fashion with a passion, and i don't have a FB account.
I was hoping for a public link.
I'd better like an official website where to download product upgrades, just like CM recently did. If i have an official copy of their software, i shouldn't have to have a FB account and "like" them.
Ok, complainer mode OFF ;)


-'like'
-download
-unlike.

and set up a dummy account for these occasions.
Though I do admit that I hate this practice too. sames goes for 'retweet this!', i just use a dummy account.
User avatar
abstractcats
KVRAF
 
3042 posts since 19 Aug, 2008, from USA-lien In the 8th Dimention

Postby abstractcats; Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:54 am

Great version! Any one know, if the presets from the beat Mag version, can be opened , in the full version?
whet
KVRist
 
270 posts since 12 Jan, 2005

Postby whet; Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:28 pm

abstractcats wrote:Great version! Any one know, if the presets from the beat Mag version, can be opened , in the full version?


I could load patches someone posted here from the full version into the beat edition (you need to put them in the c:\programdata\madronalabs folder), so i guess it works vice versa.
User avatar
abstractcats
KVRAF
 
3042 posts since 19 Aug, 2008, from USA-lien In the 8th Dimention

Postby abstractcats; Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:42 pm

whet wrote:
abstractcats wrote:Great version! Any one know, if the presets from the beat Mag version, can be opened , in the full version?


I could load patches someone posted here from the full version into the beat edition (you need to put them in the c:\programdata\madronalabs folder), so i guess it works vice versa.
Cool, thanks :)
ctype
KVRist
 
60 posts since 8 Apr, 2009, from Ireland

Postby ctype; Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:04 pm

Anybody else's version say Computer Music on top? I assume it'll be in an issue soon.
JJBiener
KVRian
 
939 posts since 26 Nov, 2005

Postby JJBiener; Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:43 pm

I don't understand those who freak out over "like"-ing Facebook pages. I have liked enough music companies so that a large percentage of my news feed is about music. This is fine with me because I am a music/tech geek. I love hearing about the latest news from the companies I like. In return for letting them send me news I want anyway, I get free stuff. How great is that? Why would you not want to do this? I don't get it.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.
User avatar
GaryG
KVRAF
 
4588 posts since 13 Jan, 2003, from Kent, UK

Postby GaryG; Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:53 am

reusenoise wrote:Download via Beat Facebook page,no mag needed 8)


Thanks! Between this, DuneBE and Xils, Beat really are redefining the concept of freeware... :)
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments