What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

NAMM 2013 thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

quayquay17
KVRian

539 posts since 17 Apr, 2009, from portland oregon

Postby quayquay17; Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:27 am

The Telenator wrote:Sitting around, playing with these toys, playing and using other people's sound clip and loops because you're too lazy to produce your own

Aside from tradeshow demos, do you really think people don't make their own loops in ableton?
The Telenator wrote:It's getting so far removed from making actual original music and composing real songs that we really ought to chuck all of this and start all over again.

With clips and loops you can compose classical, orchestral, rock, blues.. you name it. Most people use "real instruments" like synths, keyboards, guitars, etc. to create clips.

What a disgrace the state of pop music is these days.

How much pop music is produced in ableton?
You sound a little out of touch 'pop'. :lol:
I run a netlabel http://oligopolistrecords.bandcamp.com
Free chill, hip-hop, lo-fi, ambient, experimental, for you! (Send me demos too!)
V0RT3X
KVRAF

4329 posts since 3 Jul, 2012

Postby V0RT3X; Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:07 am

The Telenator wrote:How many more ridiculously overpriced hardware synths do we need? How many more $400 controllers with coloured rubber pads all over them do we need?

Much more! We want more! More I say!

The Telenator wrote:It's getting so far removed from making actual original music and composing real songs that we really ought to chuck all of this and start all over again.

It's like using one of those power chairs to get around when you're not even remotely handicapped. What a useless generation of 'musicians' all this stupid technology has produced with it. Learn to play a real instrument, instead of fiddling about with toys all day long. What a disgrace the state of pop music is these days.

A keyboard on a synth is still a keyboard :uhuhuh:

Also you can't just use these "toys" to make your music for you. You still have to learn how to use them together.
Best Advice I ever got : "Having the best tools and technical knowledge isn't gonna do much for you if you don't understand how to make good music."
Crackbaby
KVRAF

2866 posts since 10 Sep, 2003, from Karlskoga, Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Crackbaby; Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:18 am

why the bitwig silence :(
iPad Air - Gadget, Auria, Nave, BeatMaker2, Loopy HD, Impaktor, Sugarbytes Trio
Cymatic LR-16, Octatrack, Analog4, System-1, Bitwig, Too many unused plugins
hibidy
KVRAF

41470 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:51 am

Vertti wrote:Anything new from Spectrasonics?

That's what I was hoping for most.
Crackbaby
KVRAF

2866 posts since 10 Sep, 2003, from Karlskoga, Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Crackbaby; Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:50 pm

iPad Air - Gadget, Auria, Nave, BeatMaker2, Loopy HD, Impaktor, Sugarbytes Trio
Cymatic LR-16, Octatrack, Analog4, System-1, Bitwig, Too many unused plugins
standalone
KVRAF

5600 posts since 8 May, 2008, from ssssskipping ......... I left you there

Postby standalone; Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:31 am

Crackbaby wrote:why the bitwig silence :(

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2013/01/ ... wig-video/
standalone
KVRAF

5600 posts since 8 May, 2008, from ssssskipping ......... I left you there

Postby standalone; Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:39 am

Well, I have just noticed that the video is already all around. :hihi:
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

3739 posts since 16 Dec, 2002, from over there

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:37 am

danbroad wrote:Ms20 mini. Amazing, not just because of what it is, but of what it means. A fully analogue synth from one of the so-called big 3.... Moog are on form too.

I thought there would be big rave about the USB connectivity
Muzik 4 Machines
KVRAF

7756 posts since 6 Oct, 2003, from Saint-Clin-Clin-Des-Meu-Meu

Postby Muzik 4 Machines; Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:19 am

why, it's ONLY for note ons (no cc, no pitch bend, no nothing)
i dont see why anyone would rave about it, its just a midi in
OzWozEre
KVRist

353 posts since 5 Nov, 2012

Postby OzWozEre; Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:36 am

The Telenator wrote:...Sitting around, playing with these toys, playing and using other people's sound clip and loops because you're too lazy to produce your own, pressing little pink and green rubber pads all day is basically just masturbation. It's getting so far removed from making actual original music and composing real songs that we really ought to chuck all of this and start all over again. ....

You sure you went to the right trade show?

Sounds like you made a wrong turn and ended up at Toy-R-Us.

:cry:
dayjob
KVRian

690 posts since 6 Nov, 2006

Postby dayjob; Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:22 pm

Muzik 4 Machines wrote:why, it's ONLY for note ons (no cc, no pitch bend, no nothing)

yeah.. you'd get more control w/a kenton prosolo or pro2000 since you can route CCs to the aux CV outs on the kentons.

but having simple midi connection for triggering notes is a nice thing to have... simple as it is.
Daimonicon
KVRist

87 posts since 30 Aug, 2012, from Sweden

Postby Daimonicon; Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:30 pm

vurt wrote:and anyway, whats so bad about masturbation? many people enjoy a good wank.

And it's better than bad sex. :hihi:
aMUSEd
KVRAF

20052 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:32 pm

So is it over already?
Muzik 4 Machines
KVRAF

7756 posts since 6 Oct, 2003, from Saint-Clin-Clin-Des-Meu-Meu

Postby Muzik 4 Machines; Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:34 pm

dayjob wrote:
Muzik 4 Machines wrote:why, it's ONLY for note ons (no cc, no pitch bend, no nothing)

yeah.. you'd get more control w/a kenton prosolo or pro2000 since you can route CCs to the aux CV outs on the kentons.

but having simple midi connection for triggering notes is a nice thing to have... simple as it is.

i didnt say it was not nice, i just said its normal nobody raves about a usb port on a synth in 2013, especially when its just a glorified midi in
dayjob
KVRian

690 posts since 6 Nov, 2006

Postby dayjob; Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Muzik 4 Machines wrote:
dayjob wrote:

i didnt say it was not nice, i just said its normal nobody raves about a usb port on a synth in 2013, especially when its just a glorified midi in

true. i was just saying that it is a nice thing to have a midi in on an analogue synth. that's all. wasn't saying you said it was or wasn't nice. :wink:

and i was more or less agreeing w/you that it's not a big deal since it only sends note pitch and triggers the envelope
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)