Native Instruments Reverb Classics (RC24 & RC48)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've a fetish for Mono, so no tail width control sucks :P

hibidy wrote:
djanthonyw wrote:I was not impressed by these at all, VintageVerb blows these away.
I wish I felt that way :lol:

EDIT: not that I don't feel VVV doesn't hold it's own, but blown away is not how I feel at all.

Could it be levels? You know that these have an options tab with in/out volume right? I've noticed that depending on what the settings are the NI's have to be "fed" more to be at the volume level most VVV settings are.
Thats also my impression. You can feed them more, wich to me means that the blend, transparency and glue factor is good.

Tbh I found the NIs quite pleasant, though less wowing that the Exponential Audio, Relab and Lexicon themseleves units. A bit less depth and blend factor maybe, but I only tested them a couple hours. Less versatile also, and less controls than on some other reverbs. I wonder if NI doesnt intend to provide other models in the future if their first shoot encounters success, meaning a kind of "reverb suite", and eventually that the price/versatility ratio might be less entertaining in the end. Just thoughts here, nothing to really back up this idea actually.

Imho they could be atm one of the good choices for those who want to avoid dongles and desire a nice algo reverb with a Lexicon "vibe". ( Eventually the best, but this is only imho, after few tests, and I did not test all reberbs as well, so you can take this with a pinch of salt )
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

I can't try those others. :cry:

why didnt they put the plate and concert hall algorithms?
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

@midnight wrote:why didnt they put the plate and concert hall algorithms?
Maybe waiting to make it another product.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Sequent wrote:
Maybe waiting to make it another product.
Paid updates? Other products wouldn't really make sense, as these are 24/48 algos.

No, I can see the flash screen at NI now :lol:

Native Instruments needs to release something that competes with this for me to be impressed:

http://www.uaudio.com/store/reverbs/lexicon-224.html

See how many algorithms that has?
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Sequent wrote:
Yeah, it's strange. I get that the development time required + a price point most users would be willing to pay might have equaled what we got -- halls. But, from another speculative viewpoint, once you have the thing built for one alg., adding a few more might be easier -- and in a non-linear way. Like, once the printer is setup for 100 business cards, printing 1000 is actually not that much more work.

This probably isn't the case, but if it is, then it might feel to some like the company abandoned its own product, midway.

It's probably just more work than a 199 price point would cover, so they limited the scope.

To be fair, Lexicon PCM is almost twice (with discounts). LX480 lite (random hall only) was 200; full version, 300 more. So, it's pretty competitive -- we get two 480L AND 224 halls for 199.

But yeah, plate would have sealed the deal for me. Mostly because, in this case, it's more about owning the entire heritage of these devices than it is about achieving a good sound (that we can get from so many different venues). I would have paid more for a full, uncompromising 480L. :?
Last edited by jalcide on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Yeah, I'm not going to buy it when it's just 3 algorithms, all room/hall.

The 224 plate is one of the most important reverb sounds when it comes to these things. The halls are great what I am really after is the plates.

The UAD 224xl wipes the floor with this offering. But I'm not buying into that system, even if it does use the original 224 algorithms.

This might be a done deal.......we'll see in the next day or so how things go :hihi:

I keep trying to talk myself out of it. But they blow me away every time. I have a hard time understanding this because there is NOTHING wrong with what I have :shrug:

So far x64 S1 and Live (8,9 beta) they perform very well, all the controls works it seems and I'm not seeing any real hit on the cpu (though those two hosts are REALLY strange in how they report use)

hibidy...I'm with you...I have everything here...UAD + LX480, but still loving the NI offerings. I think I'm an unapologetic Softube fanboi. :-o

Yeah, the comps were great (VERY handy)

(I haven't read this thread but I have to say this)

I've just compared UAD Lexicon 224, Valhalla VintageVerb and Native Instruments RC 24.

I tried to make a long Vangelis/Bladerunner type of reverb.

There is really no comparisson between the RC 24 and the two others. RC 24 sounds very resonant and harsch. Not even close as lush as the other ones.
Doesn't sound good at all IMHO. I don't understand why a company like NI wants to sell this and lure people into beliving it sounds like a Lexicon 224 (why call it 24?)

UAD and Valhalla sounds different to each other, but I think it is a matter of taste really. RC 24 just sounds really cheap and crappy, which makes me angry at NI. I love NI's synths so I have nothing against NI as a company.

Valhalla VintageVerb sounds so freaking good, should be the same price as UAD's Lexicon and it would still be a good competitor (even though the interface isn't my favorite)... since UAD Lexicon 224 is $299... I wouldn't go near it if you're on a budget.

Obviously my reverb tastes are not on par with others :lol:

Return to “Effects”