Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Black Mamba Issues

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

overhishead
KVRist

172 posts since 21 Jan, 2007

Postby overhishead; Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:19 am Black Mamba Issues

Downloaded and extracted to its own folder. Opened in VST Host.

Issue one is that when I try to load a patch, I get file not found for the corresponding sfz.

Issue two is that no sound is being produced by Black Mamba once I try to load the sfz's that come with it.

I'm sure everyone else is jamming away and enjoying this freebie, but It's not functioning here.

On a side note, all the soundfonts I own previously are SF2, and I rarely see any applications for SFZ. Why does Zampler choose to use SFZ? It's a minus AFAIK.

Excited to learn the trick to get it working anyway.
GaryG
KVRAF

4875 posts since 13 Jan, 2003, from Kent, UK

Postby GaryG; Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:06 am

Haven't tried it yet so can't comment on your problems though sounds like it's not finding the samples...

As for SFZ, well that's an open format; just a plain text file that anyone can use/modify/create etc. Soundfonts need special software (Awave? etc).

Plenty of quality SFZ players out there now too (zampler, alchemy player, dimension, shortcircuit...)
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
overhishead
KVRist

Postby overhishead; Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:25 am

Black Mamba is a variation of Zampler that you mention. (By the way, you're posting in the DC2012 forum man!)

edit :oops:

My bad, I got sound after i restarted VST Host. An unknown buggy plugin or user error caused the audio out to crash.

When I go to load the first patch "AR Bassgroove.fxp" I get the "file not found" error for it's corresponding SFZ. I'm thinking maybe the download got corrupted, Maybe I need to redownload Black Mamba.

I wish Zampler would load SF2 files. Phenome would be my go-to soundfont player but it was too unstable.
GaryG
KVRAF

4875 posts since 13 Jan, 2003, from Kent, UK

Postby GaryG; Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:09 am

:)

I'm planning on trying it later so will see if I have the same problems.

Am I right in assuming this is a reskinned zampler with custom samples?
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
overhishead
KVRist

Postby overhishead; Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:56 am

I think so, and so far it sounds great. I am so amped over this and all the great energy people have been putting into their work across the board.
fiddler1
KVRer

2 posts since 11 May, 2011, from Wisconsin

Postby fiddler1; Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:25 am

Black Mamba sounds real nice.. But.. No way to tune patches. This makes it WORTHLESS. Tuning and pitches are all over the place with the supplied patchbank. Is there a hidden setting somewhere that I am missing?
vata44
KVRian

1495 posts since 29 Jul, 2007

Postby vata44; Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:27 am

I find it annoying to have to hunt down the .SFZ files. I was not able to just scroll through the patches.

Nothing new here.
overhishead
KVRist

Postby overhishead; Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Hm, I don't know what I did wrong before but I got it working. Just loaded the Zampler Black mamba fxb in the main folder using 'bank > load'

great sounds, also super filters, effects, and envelope controls.

one thing I find frustrating is that i cant seem to get the arp to alternate between two or more keys. in essence, i can't get it to play arpeggios. maybe it doesn't, I tried all the arp modes, correct me if i am wrong. it has a nice internal arp sequencer though.
darsho
KVRAF

1597 posts since 14 Sep, 2007, from www.koeln.de/en/

Postby darsho; Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:31 am

I just dropped the fxb and the files in my Zampler folder and it worked like all other Zampler soundbanks.
Scherer
KVRer

25 posts since 9 Dec, 2003, from Germany

Postby Scherer; Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:00 am

fiddler1 wrote:Black Mamba sounds real nice.. But.. No way to tune patches. This makes it WORTHLESS. Tuning and pitches are all over the place with the supplied patchbank. Is there a hidden setting somewhere that I am missing?

@Fiddler: yes, you can tune it. Just use the CONSTANT source in the modmatrix and connect it with PITCH or whatever destination you want.
Ableton Live 8, iMac Dual 2.33 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ESI M4U Midi Interface, M-Audio Quattro Audio Interface
Scherer
KVRer

Postby Scherer; Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:02 am

vaisnava wrote:I find it annoying to have to hunt down the .SFZ files. I was not able to just scroll through the patches.

Nothing new here.

@Vaisnava: just load the .fxb soundbank file, then you can browser through the patches. Even the mousewheel is supported for changing patches, it's very comfortable :)
Ableton Live 8, iMac Dual 2.33 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ESI M4U Midi Interface, M-Audio Quattro Audio Interface
VicDiesel
KVRAF

2791 posts since 2 Mar, 2003, from The only civilized county in Texas

Postby VicDiesel; Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:56 am

I've put the component in the Library > Audio > Plug-ins > Components folder (I have done this before, it should be the right place) but Logic is simply not seeing it. The plug-in manager doesn't list it as failed or passed.

Any hints?

Victor.
Scherer
KVRer

Postby Scherer; Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:04 am

Vic, do you also have the Zampler installed? Unfortunately Zampler and Black Mamba cannot co-exists, so Zampler has to be removed first.
VicDiesel
KVRAF

2791 posts since 2 Mar, 2003, from The only civilized county in Texas

Postby VicDiesel; Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:40 am

Scherer wrote:Vic, do you also have the Zampler installed?

Nope.

I can't find it in Plogue Bidule either. Under what vendor/manufacturer should it show up?

Victor.
Scherer
KVRer

Postby Scherer; Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:48 am

Synapse-Audio
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to KVRDC14 Chat