What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Virus TI user GAS on Ultranova....

Anything about hardware musical instruments.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

cowby
KVRist

370 posts since 1 Feb, 2005

Postby cowby; Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:54 pm Virus TI user GAS on Ultranova....

Hi,

I have a Virus TI desktop, M3 (with Radias EXP card) plus a impluse 49. Recently, I tried to play around with the Ultranova and I pretty in love with it. Especially the editor (youtube showed me) and the touch knobs. However, with just 30mins or so of playing, I didn't make up my mind to go or not go.

Question : Is the Virus TI already outperformed every aspect of the Ultranova? Or not a big deal to have another synth like this ?

Appreciate any input from you guys!

Cheers!
Cowby
Aiynzahev
KVRAF

2922 posts since 29 Jun, 2011, from USA

Postby Aiynzahev; Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:02 pm

From what I know the TI is in a different league from the UltraNova.

I've played around on the UltraNova.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Resonance Sound
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Spire, Zebra2, Massive, DIVA, Sylenth and others
rob_lee
KVRAF

7079 posts since 16 Oct, 2006

Postby rob_lee; Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:28 pm

cowby wrote:Hi,

I have a Virus TI desktop, M3 (with Radias EXP card) plus a impluse 49. Recently, I tried to play around with the Ultranova and I pretty in love with it. Especially the editor (youtube showed me) and the touch knobs. However, with just 30mins or so of playing, I didn't make up my mind to go or not go.

Question : Is the Virus TI already outperformed every aspect of the Ultranova? Or not a big deal to have another synth like this ?

Appreciate any input from you guys!

Cheers!
Cowby

I have the Virus TI2 Polar and x2 Ultra Novas.. i bought another Ultra Nova just for more parts as i love the sound. I wish Novation had made the Ultra Nova 4 part or more cause the sound appeals more to me than my Virus. The Virus is a great sound but the Ultra Nova's get more use. I hope Novation considers producing a new Synth with more parts/polyphonic in future.

Rob

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)