What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

This new SSL channel strip from IK Multimedia looks great

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
KVRAF
 
3552 posts since 20 Oct, 2009
 

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:00 pm

hibidy wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:We should be updating the GUI in the next update. We invested in an all new color palette licensed from Ibanez:
Image


bout time

I KNEW you'd like that Ibanez! And you gave me a reason for the egregious quote with the big picture repeated :)
KVRAF
 
40136 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:40 pm

yeah, but that word means TWO completely opposite meanings :lol:

Anyways, I love ibbys!
User avatar
KVRian
 
647 posts since 27 Dec, 2011, from Seattle,WA, USA
    

Postby KevWestBeats; Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:49 am

A question about this guy. I still really like it and its been one of my most used tools since i got it but it is insanely cpu hungry for me. I opened 8 of these and it about killed my cpu and there wasn't anything playing. I had one on each of my groups on Maschine. It sounds incredible its very easy to use but I would like to see something done about the cpu useage to match the other stuff from T-Racks. I love your other products in fact I think this is the first time I have had any complaints about any of them.

Also on a side note I need a travel keyboard and I am considering iRig keys. Are the keys full sized or mini? I have big hands so I am not sure that mini keys will do it for me but the things I hear about how large it is makes me think it is probably full size keys.
http://www.KevWestBeats.com
http://www.YouTube.com/KevWest
https://soundcloud.com/kevwestbeats/end-of-july-final
Maschine MK 2, Komplete 9, IK T-Racks, Addictive Drums, Addictive Keys, Omnisphere.
KVRist
 
125 posts since 21 Jan, 2007

Postby overhishead; Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:46 am

Synthedit is an accomplishment that doesn't deserve to be trashed. Have some more respect.

It seems clear that as IK cranks out a megastore full of plugins, that they will not all have the same 'expensive' appearance as some of their other photorealistic rack gear imitations.
KVRian
 
1445 posts since 15 Oct, 2008, from Germany

Postby paterpeter; Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:54 am

I have recently upgraded to Grand and used the channel strip a couple of times. To be honest, after a bit the looks didn't bother me anymore. I'd still love to see an update, of course. But I can now say that the UI isn't a reason not to buy this plugin.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
3552 posts since 20 Oct, 2009
 

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:40 am

overhishead wrote:It seems clear that as IK cranks out a megastore full of plugins, that they will not all have the same 'expensive' appearance as some of their other photorealistic rack gear imitations.

ONE plugin with a GUI that people don't seem to like (though we've actually heard quite a bit of positive feedback and you can see a few recently in this thread that don't seem to care either way, and how it looks better in DAW than screenshots (which people could see for themselves if they actually tried it...), etc.

You're quick to defend SynthEdit, so I'll say in similar terms: "T-RackS, including the GUI for all the gear, is an accomplishment that doesn't deserve to be trashed. Have some more respect." :) We're not skimping on any facet of these plugins, including GUI.
KVRian
 
1445 posts since 15 Oct, 2008, from Germany

Postby paterpeter; Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:56 am

If my post that related the channel strip with SynthEdit has offended SynthEdit users or IKMM, I offer my sincere apology. The post wasn't meant to hurt either side.

It is a fact that the UIs of many SE creations do not have the quality of typical commercial plugins, simply because SE is used by many developers as a starting point for DSP programming. There's nothing wrong with that and that does not mean SE can't be used for high quality products (see for example the excellent Tube Ohm plugins).

I was just baffled that IK would release a product that has a user interface that in my opinion lacks the polish of basically *all* their other plugins, but instead resembles the look of an SE plugin made by an amateur.

I'm sorry if the post wasn't as funny for some as I thought it was.

I still think the plugin is very ugly and amateurish looking compared to other IK plugins. That's my opinion. But I also find it easy to use and great sounding and I recommend it to everyone looking for a good channel strip. I'm eagerly waiting for a visual update so that the looks match the inner values.
KVRAF
 
1692 posts since 9 Jul, 2006, from Paris, France

Postby K-Slash; Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:45 am

paterpeter wrote:If my post that related the channel strip with SynthEdit has offended SynthEdit users or IKMM, I offer my sincere apology. The post wasn't meant to hurt either side.

It is a fact that the UIs of many SE creations do not have the quality of typical commercial plugins, simply because SE is used by many developers as a starting point for DSP programming. There's nothing wrong with that and that does not mean SE can't be used for high quality products (see for example the excellent Tube Ohm plugins).

I was just baffled that IK would release a product that has a user interface that in my opinion lacks the polish of basically *all* their other plugins, but instead resembles the look of an SE plugin made by an amateur.

I'm sorry if the post wasn't as funny for some as I thought it was.

I still think the plugin is very ugly and amateurish looking compared to other IK plugins. That's my opinion. But I also find it easy to use and great sounding and I recommend it to everyone looking for a good channel strip. I'm eagerly waiting for a visual update so that the looks match the inner values.

Agreed 100% !
User avatar
KVRian
 
647 posts since 27 Dec, 2011, from Seattle,WA, USA
    

Postby KevWestBeats; Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:45 pm

So no reply about the cpu usage or am I the only person having this problem?
http://www.KevWestBeats.com
http://www.YouTube.com/KevWest
https://soundcloud.com/kevwestbeats/end-of-july-final
Maschine MK 2, Komplete 9, IK T-Racks, Addictive Drums, Addictive Keys, Omnisphere.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
3552 posts since 20 Oct, 2009
 

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:44 pm

KevWestBeats wrote:So no reply about the cpu usage or am I the only person having this problem?

It is definitely more resource-intensive than other single processors in T-RackS, but it shouldn't bring your CPU to its knees either. The reason it would be more resource-intensive than others in the suite is simply due to it being multiple processors in one (as any channel strip would). If it is posing a problem in your setup, you should also contact Tech Support to see if there's anything going on in the setup you describe. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support
KVRian
 
1466 posts since 29 Jul, 2007

Postby vata44; Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:49 pm

I wish it was turned vertically... not on its side...
KVRAF
 
40136 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:49 pm

I thought the synthedit post was funny, it wasn't mean. Lets face it, when it comes to steve vai styled british eq plugins, you're gonna get some ribbing :hihi:
User avatar
KVRAF
 
3552 posts since 20 Oct, 2009
 

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:06 pm

hibidy wrote:I thought the synthedit post was funny, it wasn't mean. Lets face it, when it comes to steve vai styled british eq plugins, you're gonna get some ribbing :hihi:

Oh I know it was ribbing for our pleasure, but I think someone feels it was kind of a driveby insult of Synthedit.
User avatar
KVRian
 
647 posts since 27 Dec, 2011, from Seattle,WA, USA
    

Postby KevWestBeats; Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:52 pm

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
KevWestBeats wrote:So no reply about the cpu usage or am I the only person having this problem?

It is definitely more resource-intensive than other single processors in T-RackS, but it shouldn't bring your CPU to its knees either. The reason it would be more resource-intensive than others in the suite is simply due to it being multiple processors in one (as any channel strip would). If it is posing a problem in your setup, you should also contact Tech Support to see if there's anything going on in the setup you describe. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support
will do thanks Peter
http://www.KevWestBeats.com
http://www.YouTube.com/KevWest
https://soundcloud.com/kevwestbeats/end-of-july-final
Maschine MK 2, Komplete 9, IK T-Racks, Addictive Drums, Addictive Keys, Omnisphere.
KVRAF
 
40136 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:54 pm

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
hibidy wrote:I thought the synthedit post was funny, it wasn't mean. Lets face it, when it comes to steve vai styled british eq plugins, you're gonna get some ribbing :hihi:

Oh I know it was ribbing for our pleasure, but I think someone feels it was kind of a driveby insult of Synthedit.


Ah. Yeah, I think I get that now. Oh well, old, slow, etc. More ibby pics! :hyper:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects