What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Too Much 303 Bass

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

NAD
KVRian
 
1041 posts since 28 Jan, 2004

Postby NAD; Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:39 am

Damn, didn't notice this was an old thread and ended up reading through most of it....
In any case, I thought it might still be relevant to mention creative uses of the 303 such as in this track: (~2:20)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDD4V_-uh1Q&t=2m20s
From 2004, mind.
KVRist
 
72 posts since 16 Sep, 2005

Postby Ambisphere; Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:33 am

Acid Mitch wrote:Ambisphere - Do you realise your bumping a 3 year old thread ?
That's a little late to be giving people "Vampire alerts".


You're right. I thought about that after the fact. I've been gone awhile.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
10194 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia
 

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:42 am

The problem with the whole premise is that it's just not very important! :)

There are hundreds if not 1000's of new psy tracks released each year.

Some follow the formula - ho hum but sometimes fun

Some tracks break new ground - yay

Some sit in the middle of the road - don't care

Some of it is downright commercial i.e. poorly produced cash-grab psy - ***

Some of it is utterly brilliant - yay

Some of it should never have left the artists HD - GRR

Same as all music, basically ;)

Peace,
Andy.

*** this is what we should be railing against - not square wave bass lines ;)
KVRAF
 
1554 posts since 28 Jun, 2007, from Amazon rain forest
  

Postby dark_virus; Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:37 am

Nevermind. Nobody listen to Tarnce anymore. :P

And I hate the peruvian flutes too.
User avatar
KVRist
 
315 posts since 15 Sep, 2005

Postby toitoi; Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:13 am

There just can't be enough acid !!! :ud:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atB12i_tbs0
KVRAF
 
6132 posts since 6 Sep, 2008
 

Postby Mushy Mushy; Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:25 am

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Some follow the formula - ho hum but sometimes fun

Some tracks break new ground - yay

Some sit in the middle of the road - don't care

Some of it is downright commercial i.e. poorly produced cash-grab psy - ***

Some of it is utterly brilliant - yay

Some of it should never have left the artists HD - GRR

Same as all music, basically ;)
And then there's Ajja - on a whole other level :love:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
KVRian
 
542 posts since 3 Sep, 2009, from Vancouver

Postby awol9000; Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:11 pm

ckatrun411 wrote:
Ambisphere wrote:Greetings,

303 Bass has been established as the industry standard in Trance music, especially PsyTrance. The reason for this is because it's higher frequencies (or tones) allows a bassline to cut through a mix at higher BPM's, where slower resonating bass frequencies "don't cut it". However, hearing this familiar bass sound over and over again from various artists becomes tiring and redundant. But it doesn't have to be this way. The answer lies in simply changing the waveform with different tracks, the 303 utilizes the Saw waveform, however, simply changing to a Square waveform for example with an alternative bass VSTi, yet within the same frequency range, would help break this production monotony.

Thank you for any suggestions or insights you may have concerning this. :wink:



Why don't you just drop more x and mind your own business...


LOL

This made my day. :hihi:
KVRist
 
72 posts since 16 Sep, 2005

Postby Ambisphere; Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:16 am

ZenPunkHippy wrote:The problem with the whole premise is that it's just not very important! :)

There are hundreds if not 1000's of new psy tracks released each year.

Some follow the formula - ho hum but sometimes fun

Some tracks break new ground - yay

Some sit in the middle of the road - don't care

Some of it is downright commercial i.e. poorly produced cash-grab psy - ***

Some of it is utterly brilliant - yay

Some of it should never have left the artists HD - GRR

Same as all music, basically ;)

Peace,
Andy.

*** this is what we should be railing against - not square wave bass lines ;)


heheheh. Good critique. That pretty much sums it up. That could apply to most any genre really. Peace bro.
Banned

Postby ostfront; Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:44 am

dark_virus wrote:Nevermind. Nobody listen to Tarnce anymore. :P

And I hate the peruvian flutes too.


You are WRONG!!!

Let there be more 303... some people will know what I mean!

cheers! :shock:
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)