What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Bodybuilder (House)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

KVRist

62 posts since 4 Nov, 2012, from Netherlands

Postby BradColeman; Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:26 am Bodybuilder (House)

Hi everybody,

Made a new track, please have a listen and let me know what you think if you're into this..

https://soundcloud.com/bradcoleman/bodybuilder

Thanks!
KVRAF

1554 posts since 28 Jun, 2007, from Amazon rain forest

Postby dark_virus; Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:28 am

The track is good and has groove, but I have some complaints:

1 - The synth line is too loud and boxy and need some EQ in the mids.

2 - You could use a better hihat. A shorther one with more attack would fit perfectly.

3 - A more "modern" kick would fit the track better. The one you use is too weak and it lacks a more present transient.

Hope you don't mind with constructive criticism. As i said, the track is good and has potential. Of course it's all down to personal opinion. :)
KVRAF

7858 posts since 16 Apr, 2003, from -on the outside looking in

Postby ouroboros; Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:02 pm

^I'm inclined to agree. The basic sound is a little too mid-heavy. Nothing quite cuts through. Also, it might be nice to have a bit of 'verb holding through the breaks to fill the gaps. Compositionally it's interesting because instead of stripping elements away for a few bars, you shift gears and the lead melody changes. Might try the strip/build technique a bit more.
Good spine, now needs some muscle :)
KVRAF

6444 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:39 pm

I really enjoyed what you did with the melodies and chords on here. The rhythmic shifts and changes are also very good. some of the sounds on here sounded a little odd initially, but after the third play, it's making a lot more sense. I certainly wouldn't mind hearing this in a club. ymmv. Oh, I really liked the build-up towards the end.

Good work :)
KVRist

62 posts since 4 Nov, 2012, from Netherlands

Postby BradColeman; Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:05 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. Constructive criticism is much appreciated :)

I re-upped the audio and made some minor changes. A little less mid on the chord sound. It's still middy but that was also what I was aiming for. It's supposed to sound a bit crappy.
Gave the kick a little more precesence and did a little more verb on the beat.

The closed hi-hats have faster attack now. The open one has no real attack, but I thought it fitted.

And yeah, I like weird things in music. I try to keep a balance between 'oddness' and regular listen- and dance-ability. Anyway, thanks for listening!
KVRAF

1554 posts since 28 Jun, 2007, from Amazon rain forest

Postby dark_virus; Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:21 am

Sounds a lot better! :clap:

Don't take steroids. This track will make your muscles grow faster and bigger instead.

:lol:

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe