What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Oh boy, another VA synth. This time from Waves!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Numanoid
KVRAF

8019 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:38 am

With the 20% discount offer from Waves, is it possible to buy Element for $79,2

:?:
Resonator63
KVRAF

3631 posts since 1 Oct, 2006, from Um! Where is this?

Postby Resonator63; Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:40 am

Numanoid wrote:With the 20% discount offer from Waves, is it possible to buy Element for $79,2

:?:

$71.20 from AudioDeluxe using FEB20 coupon code :wink:
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:00 am

Resonator63 wrote:$71.20 from AudioDeluxe using FEB20 coupon code :wink:

Wow, that's like just £46,75

The same value, but the lower the number goes the more tempting it gets to invest :D
Uncle E
KVRAF

6326 posts since 21 Nov, 2000, from Southern California

Postby Uncle E; Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:09 am

We have Waves Element for $69 and a D16 LuSH-101 + Waves Element Bundle for $199.20 when you enter the "Software20" coupon code:

http://www.jrrshop.com/software20?dir=d ... _from_date
Redeem the 11% "FORUM" or 16% "GROUP" coupons at:
Resonator63
KVRAF

3631 posts since 1 Oct, 2006, from Um! Where is this?

Postby Resonator63; Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:17 am

Wow! it gets lower and lower :hihi:
and more tempting :cry:
osiris
KVRAF

7318 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:21 pm

I would love to have this - except my experience installing CLA Efects was SO bad, I don't think I'd get it even if it were $25. I'd never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather have an ILok and a one plugin install instead of having to hunt for the plug in Waves massive lineup. Then, because I did something wrong with the install, one version of CLA had a blank GUI with a knob labeled Dummy Knob. Thank goodness the other versions worked.
And, even though, I finally sold it and uninstalled it, two instances are still left in my plugin list.....
(But it sounds great)
adj
KVRAF

2367 posts since 23 Jan, 2001, from In your head...

Postby adj; Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:42 pm

whyterabbyt wrote:
Tehnik wrote:I cant imagine why anyone owning any of the more recent synths from NI/IL/U-He/Cakewalk etc would might want to own it.

but... but.... Jordan Rudess says he's gonna use it....

Bwahahaha! ROTF :hihi:
tristan-
KVRer

16 posts since 11 Dec, 2004

Postby tristan-; Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:56 am

well, apparently, Jordan Rudess uses every keyboard and every plugin in existence. I mean, aren't there any other well known keyboardists to endorse instruments?
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:09 am

tristan- wrote:well, apparently, Jordan Rudess uses every keyboard and every plugin in existence. I mean, aren't there any other well known keyboardists to endorse instruments?

Herbie Hancock used to be the staple, but he has been overtaken by JR these days...

A two page in-depth review in latest edition of CM, is not so positive as JR. CM only give Element 7/10 rating, noting:
Positives: Good sound, excellent presets, lots of mod destinations, simple interface
Negatives: limitations seem arbitrary (with the simple interface), full price is too high for what you get, doesn't stand out from the competition
Sendy
KVRAF

4374 posts since 20 Jul, 2010

Postby Sendy; Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:57 am

7/10 is about 5/10 once adjusted for common sense.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp!
vata44
KVRian

1477 posts since 29 Jul, 2007

Postby vata44; Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:15 pm

If the synth had 2 layers it would be worth is. So then you could create a patch on layer 1 and layer 2 doing different things. Like Lush-101 has 4+ layers... more than most CPU's can handle. The Waves one, seems a bit too limited.
Vectorman
KVRian

1027 posts since 6 May, 2005, from Michigan, USA

Postby Vectorman; Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:43 pm

tristan- wrote:well, apparently, Jordan Rudess uses every keyboard and every plugin in existence. I mean, aren't there any other well known keyboardists to endorse instruments?

They seem to be harder to come by all the time. Most of the keyboard icons I can think of came out of the '70s or '80s. It almost seems like it's viewed by many as an anachronism to actually be able to PLAY synths now, as opposed to just painting stuff into a grid and letting the machines drive everything.
fisherKing
KVRian

1063 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Postby fisherKing; Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:36 pm

am checking out the demo...it's ok, sorta funny, for example, how all the pads have a TON of reverb...in which case, ANYTHING can sound like a pad.

but...will play with it for real tomorrow. i keep looking for a sylenth1 replacement (since that never seems to be getting any updates), so maybe...??

anyway, not bad so far. definitely worth considering at the sale price.
fisherKing
KVRian

1063 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Postby fisherKing; Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:38 am

it's kinda one-dimensional, no real texture...but i have enough plugs for that (diversion, zebra, electrax, rayblaster, etc). for what it is (and while it's on sale), it's cool (leads, synths, arps, etc). very juno106... think i'm gonna get it...
PlasticSoul
KVRist

305 posts since 11 Apr, 2004, from Brazil

Postby PlasticSoul; Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:46 pm

can somebody help me, please? element demo expired but I dont know how I can uninstall it...
its not showing under the wave shell in ableton neither in waves license center...
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments