What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

M-Audio Venom Analog Modeling Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

CapnLockheed
KVRAF
 
2070 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from Central NY

Postby CapnLockheed; Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:47 am

breakmixer wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:Any news on next beta version for VenomEd?

Also, is anyone using Venom with Ableton and experiencing pitch change to current selected track when using Ableton's transport control for play?

I'm finding midi changes cause my Venom to transpose to different pitch on selected patch and I have to manually turn the preset knob to another preset and back to get correct pitch again. Can't find any other major quirks besides that one.


Only bug I have found might of been the Venom hardware itself.

Had Venom'ed running in Cubase 5, scrolled through multiple presets by turning the knob on the venom quite far, i.e. not one preset at a time, caused Venom hardware to be non-responsive, it stopped working as a midi controller also for other hardware and VST's within my DAW. I had to do a soft-reset(OFF/ON whilst holding OCTAVE UP/DOWN) and restart Cubase to get it working again, this only happened once and could of been the hardware itself - not the VST.


I think it is likely the hardware as my Venom has done the same thing with the
Vyzex editor and required a soft-reset to get going again...kinda freaked me out the first time it happened! :hihi:
I farted in the Apple store the other day and everyone got pissed off. Not my fault they don't have Windows.

http://www.myspace.com/cristofe
breakmixer
KVRAF
 
4196 posts since 14 Nov, 2008, from UK

Postby breakmixer; Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:53 am

CapnLockheed wrote:
breakmixer wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:Any news on next beta version for VenomEd?

Also, is anyone using Venom with Ableton and experiencing pitch change to current selected track when using Ableton's transport control for play?

I'm finding midi changes cause my Venom to transpose to different pitch on selected patch and I have to manually turn the preset knob to another preset and back to get correct pitch again. Can't find any other major quirks besides that one.


Only bug I have found might of been the Venom hardware itself.

Had Venom'ed running in Cubase 5, scrolled through multiple presets by turning the knob on the venom quite far, i.e. not one preset at a time, caused Venom hardware to be non-responsive, it stopped working as a midi controller also for other hardware and VST's within my DAW. I had to do a soft-reset(OFF/ON whilst holding OCTAVE UP/DOWN) and restart Cubase to get it working again, this only happened once and could of been the hardware itself - not the VST.


I think it is likely the hardware as my Venom has done the same thing with the
Vyzex editor and required a soft-reset to get going again...kinda freaked me out the first time it happened! :hihi:


I'm hoping the Venom is revived and support starts again, it must be a firmware update needed. Who owns the synthesizer rights now?
PatchAdamz
KVRAF
 
1948 posts since 12 Nov, 2012

Postby PatchAdamz; Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:06 pm

CapnLockheed wrote:
I think it is likely the hardware as my Venom has done the same thing with the
Vyzex editor and required a soft-reset to get going again...kinda freaked me out the first time it happened! :hihi:


I had this happen for several days in a row, finally after several hard re-sets it stopped.

Hasn't happened since, fortunately. :)
Wormhelmet
KVRian
 
1128 posts since 20 Dec, 2004

Postby Wormhelmet; Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:33 pm

Well, I might try to "kick it around a bit" by some hard resets. I know that if I uncheck the track and remote outs in Ableton and just leave sync going, I don't get the unwanted pitch change when I hit the transport controls.

I don't think anyone has or will pick up Venom hardware again. Maybe Psicraft might support it with editor updates and maybe vst editor, but not if they can't make money on it somehow.

It's like someone threw away a perfectly good synth to manufacture. My fortune for getting so cheap....
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet
User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
 
25016 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:43 pm

I just scored one for 279.00(usd) new in the box :tu: (that's what I paid for my now broken edirol pcr 50 controller)
a new musical piece that is not a song because it has no vocals LBS
User avatar
debra1rlo
KVRAF
 
9692 posts since 13 Nov, 2006, from in Uranus, playin' lollipop

Postby debra1rlo; Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:36 pm

$230 on amazon right now Hink

I got mine for $199 at xmas :P :hihi:

you still got a good deal though :)
marmoset there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this, my marmoset
I'm an Agnew
and ur not
User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
 
25016 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:01 pm

debra1rlo wrote:$230 on amazon right now Hink

I got mine for $199 at xmas :P :hihi:

you still got a good deal though :)


yeah I saw that last night but the seller has 5 sales total not to mention 39 dollars shipping (I got free shipping) so I wont complain over ten bux...279 seems like just about in the middle of those on fb...199 is a really good deal, now I'll just come to you if I have questions :hihi:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... &_from=R40

oh wait :dog: you said amazon...and it's prime
Last edited by Hink on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a new musical piece that is not a song because it has no vocals LBS
User avatar
justin3am
KVRAF
 
9321 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Southern California

Postby justin3am; Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Hink wrote:I just scored one for 279.00(usd) new in the box :tu: (that's what I paid for my now broken edirol pcr 50 controller)

Congrats Hink! Have fun!
User avatar
debra1rlo
KVRAF
 
9692 posts since 13 Nov, 2006, from in Uranus, playin' lollipop

Postby debra1rlo; Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Hink wrote:
debra1rlo wrote:$230 on amazon right now Hink

I got mine for $199 at xmas :P :hihi:

you still got a good deal though :)


yeah I saw that last night but the seller has 5 sales total not to mention 39 dollars shipping (I got free shipping) so I wont complain over ten bux...279 seems like just about in the middle of those on fb...199 is a really good deal, now I'll just come to you if I have questions :hihi:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... &_from=R40


??? 5 Sales???

no, John, i am not talking about a private seller, i am talking from Amazon direct, no shipping charge for Super Saver:

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Venom-49- ... udio+venom
marmoset there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this, my marmoset
I'm an Agnew
and ur not
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
 
33863 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:05 pm

hink? synth? :ud:

:hihi:
User avatar
debra1rlo
KVRAF
 
9692 posts since 13 Nov, 2006, from in Uranus, playin' lollipop

Postby debra1rlo; Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:06 pm

and actually, dont ask me for help, John, at least not until after i have hit up justin for help :hihi:
marmoset there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this, my marmoset
I'm an Agnew
and ur not
User avatar
justin3am
KVRAF
 
9321 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Southern California

Postby justin3am; Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:06 pm

debra1rlo wrote:I got mine for $199 at xmas :P :hihi:


I got a great deal too. Mine only cost me my dignity. :hihi:
Wait... :cry:
User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
 
25016 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:07 pm

debra1rlo wrote:
Hink wrote:
debra1rlo wrote:$230 on amazon right now Hink

I got mine for $199 at xmas :P :hihi:

you still got a good deal though :)


yeah I saw that last night but the seller has 5 sales total not to mention 39 dollars shipping (I got free shipping) so I wont complain over ten bux...279 seems like just about in the middle of those on fb...199 is a really good deal, now I'll just come to you if I have questions :hihi:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... &_from=R40


??? 5 Sales???

no, John, i am not talking about a private seller, i am talking from Amazon direct, no shipping charge for Super Saver:

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Venom-49- ... udio+venom


I just realized that, kicking myself now...I always go to amazon first but I figured it was out of production so I went to ebay, otoh amazon does not do bill me later :shrug:
a new musical piece that is not a song because it has no vocals LBS
User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
 
25016 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:09 pm

vurt wrote:hink? synth? :ud:

:hihi:


I have soft synths, I have been sitting here playing with caustic on my kindle and started thinking I need a hardware synth to make noise with and scare the guinea pig :shrug:
a new musical piece that is not a song because it has no vocals LBS
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
 
33863 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:10 pm

justin3am wrote:
debra1rlo wrote:I got mine for $199 at xmas :P :hihi:


I got a great deal too. Mine only cost me my dignity. :hihi:



so, totally free then?

:hihi:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)