serious song tempo issue

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there. I've got a song that I need set to 135 BPM that has some serious tempo issues. The rhythm section is right down the middle, no problems. The guitar + keys however were recorded without the rhythm section. They speed up and slow down -all- over the place. I'm wondering if a tool exists to speed up or slow down a song from bar to bar, so as to be able to make it uniformly (whatever bpm) across the board, while still preserving pitch and such. (i'm using logic audio platinum, btw .. but have access to a pc and such)

any ideas?

distemper wrote:Hi there. I've got a song that I need set to 135 BPM that has some serious tempo issues. The rhythm section is right down the middle, no problems. The guitar + keys however were recorded without the rhythm section. They speed up and slow down -all- over the place. I'm wondering if a tool exists to speed up or slow down a song from bar to bar, so as to be able to make it uniformly (whatever bpm) across the board, while still preserving pitch and such. (i'm using logic audio platinum, btw .. but have access to a pc and such)

any ideas?
Well, do the tracks have a time signature? You are talking about audio tracks or are they midi? It doesn't matter about BPM if you have say, five bars of 5/8 and three of 7/8. Have you tried quantizing?

If they are audio only, you can slice the audio tracks or even stretch them. You could also add a SMPTE track and sync your midi instruments to it to follow the changes in the audio tracks - as long as the audio tracks are not too way out of whack, it should work. 8)

Xander wrote:
distemper wrote:Hi there. I've got a song that I need set to 135 BPM that has some serious tempo issues. The rhythm section is right down the middle, no problems. The guitar + keys however were recorded without the rhythm section. They speed up and slow down -all- over the place. I'm wondering if a tool exists to speed up or slow down a song from bar to bar, so as to be able to make it uniformly (whatever bpm) across the board, while still preserving pitch and such. (i'm using logic audio platinum, btw .. but have access to a pc and such)

any ideas?
Well, do the tracks have a time signature? You are talking about audio tracks or are they midi? It doesn't matter about BPM if you have say, five bars of 5/8 and three of 7/8. Have you tried quantizing?

If they are audio only, you can slice the audio tracks or even stretch them. You could also add a SMPTE track and sync your midi instruments to it to follow the changes in the audio tracks - as long as the audio tracks are not too way out of whack, it should work. 8)
yeah, they're audio. So .. i add an SMPTE track and how does the midi sync work with that, exactly?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”