[SOLVED] midi tap temp direct resulting in 1/2 the speed of taps.

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI all,
Ok, I'm stumped, i can usually search my way out of something but not this time.

Have a KMI softstep i'm trying to use to control the tap tempo direct function. I've got it set up to toggle on cc 30. the result I'm getting is it 'seems' to find every other strike of the button. If I'm tapping in at 80 I'll get 40 bpm.

Any suggestions?

after some suggestions, changing the tap to a midi note worked a treat.

Thanks!
Stuart
Last edited by stubish on Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

As Cantabile has no 'tap tempo' function, I'm assuming that you are trying to get Cantabile to lock a clock issued by the KMI?
If that's so, then the tap function is solely in the KMI domain. If the KMI is issuing the correct clock the issue is likely to be at the midi interface end because Cantabile doesn't care about the tap component - all it cares about is the incoming clock.

So, if you could provide a few more details about what is routed where that might be a starting point.
Just FYI, I have used an external midi clock with Cantabile and it does work.

stubish wrote:I've got it set up to toggle on cc 30. the result I'm getting is it 'seems' to find every other strike of the button.
I always mix these terms up, but shouldn't the button be set to latch (momentary) instead of toggle in this case ?
This would probably explain the "every other strike".

If I have it right, toggle is 1st press "127", second press "0", while latch is press "127", release "0".

Just a thought as I have neither Cantabile nor the softstep.

Hi pinkcanaru, you can set a 'tap' in the midi assignments. There's a tap tempo direct fuction...

I'll give the momentary thing a try and let you know how it goes.

thanks for the help!
Stuart

Ha! So there is :-)
Learn something new every day.

OK- seems to me that if you're using CC's you have to make sure they are not alternating between 0 and 127. Only positive will register and even that mightnot work - I wasn't able to test easily at this moment.
A simple solution is to use a program change or a note value to set tempo. Works perfectly.

Notes worked a treat, tapping happily away. Thank you!

Return to “Topten Software”