Bitwig needs these things fixed ASAP!

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm fine with the piano roll in Bitwig, I'm so used to Ableton one, of course it was going to be similar... maybe they could add another editor mode or something but for me personally, I would like to see more functions in the inspector, there is all kinds of things you could do there, of course there will be more... I'd like stretch notes too...

Trancestorm wrote:
entraik wrote:1.) Make the Piano Roll similar to that of FL Studio's. No one can still get this right except Image-Line. Please download a demo of FL Studio and learn.

2.) I still can't audition notes while moving them around in the piano roll when experimenting with ideas. Even Ableton allowed me to do this....

already 1.0.6 and Bitwig's team ignores the obvious solutions.. pathetic
please NO i hate the FL piano roll, better go with the limited ableton roll.
less is more. 8)
I can create midi patterns in Geist's piano roll in seconds that would literally take minutes in Bitwig... and only slightly faster in Live.

So yeah, less is more... a lot more time spent

Id like better highlighting on the note I am currently holding/playing with my midi controller/keyboard. It is currently highlighted, but its very hard to see.. I don't always know what octave i'm in when playing with FM synthesis, so when I come to play the correct note I got now idea where I need to start!

Sprocket-Audio wrote:Id like better highlighting on the note I am currently holding/playing with my midi controller/keyboard. It is currently highlighted, but its very hard to see..
oh yeah, i agree this too.
hope whole line is recognizable when clicking note.

and hopfully this ableton indication feature too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nexttrack30 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nexttrack30,
nice tips!

There are some good ideas from other software like Geist, Cubase etc.
It needs of course some visual feedback and some tools for easy drawing of notes and note expression data like velocity ramps etc. But Bitwig must find a own way for implementing such stuff. It needs some fresh new ideas for making the midi editing department easier to use, maybe some of this "wow" features no other DAW has this time so people say "if you need excellent midi editing, you must use Bitwig" ;)

What, 3 pages bitching about FL's piano roll? Really?

When I saw the title and clicked on it I figured it might be a useful thread to directly let the Bitwig crew know places of importance to improve....not spend 3 pages bithing about 1 thing, making it virtually impossible for them to get anything but a headache from looking through this thread.....

I'll add a couple of things:

- positive/negative track delay parameter. Ideally, per clip, so it works on that clip whether it is in the clip launcher OR the arrange

- multioutputs for soft instruments that can be hidden in the mixer, so you can open the extra outs with sends, etc, or hide them

- groove features to make quantize templates from audio

As soon as the first two of those are in effect I am buying instantly.

karloff70 wrote:
I'll add a couple of things:

- positive/negative track delay parameter. Ideally, per clip, so it works on that clip whether it is in the clip launcher OR the arrange

- multioutputs for soft instruments that can be hidden in the mixer, so you can open the extra outs with sends, etc, or hide them

- groove features to make quantize templates from audio

As soon as the first two of those are in effect I am buying instantly.
I think most of these have already been raised by people! :)

My guess is that the delay parameter will be quite simple for them to accommodate as the PDC stuff seems very under control.

Multi outputs are sure to come also as they are essential for drum machines and samplers - so I imagine that's in the works along with channel groups etc..

I didn't see anyone mentioning delay per clip.

As to avoid them just copying Ableton and putting in on the mixer channels, which sucks......

Logic has *track* delays on both the clips (regions) and the track/channel strip.

It needs to be adjustable in samples as well as ms.
Logic X, El Cap 10.11.3, Mini i7, Live, Reaper, Bitwig (demo)

Clicks at +100 samples: 44.1k / 48k (wav)

nexttrack30 wrote:since so many people claims fl studio has best piano roll, i tried demo today.
and
i was very impressed that they use EVERY BEHAVIOR mouse can do.
i didn't even expect mouse can do so many things like this. lol

especially paint tool was super impressive.
i really hope bitwig team include this someday. at least paint tool.

i'll play more with this and maybe buy it. lol
That's what I'm talking about...... :wink:

Don't understand why you all still using Bitwig? Just use FL and everything is gona be ok ;) I'm really can't understand how midi editing functions can affect on your musical ideas? )) Thousands of great tracks were created without this things! Don't get me wrong plz.. :hug:

Geek Model wrote:Don't understand why you all still using Bitwig? Just use FL and everything is gona be ok ;) I'm really can't understand how midi editing functions can affect on your musical ideas? )) Thousands of great tracks were created without this things! Don't get me wrong plz.. :hug:
who said midi editing functions will affect musical idea?

midi editing functions will affect TIME to achieve musical idea.

don't you want bitwig to be the FASTEST EASIEST daw to achieve your musical idea?

i've never used midi keyboard with 2 HANDS
since i can achieve same chord voicing with 1 CLICK with ezkeys.
great TIME saver. :tu: (of course when i want more human vibe, i use midi keyboard though :harp: )

and thing is if you taste easiness, fastness and used to it,
you will have hard time to go back.

i'm so used to listen to audition sound while changing velocity in ableton.
so used to listen to audition sound while moving notes with qwerty up/down/left/arrow.
so used to changing velocity with alt+drag note.
so used to adjusting fader/knob value with qwerty shift/up/down arrow.

it's a POWERFUL DRUG. :troll: i tried to quit. but i couldn't.
so my main daw is still ableton.
but i hope bitwig to be my main daw
because bitwig offers some better features, bitwg team look like they are hard workers with open mind and actually listen to users :clap:
that's why i'm suggesting a lot.

in the same context i feel fl users pain and desparation.
and i agree that certain fl's piano roll feature is better and
i hope bitwig to be better.

that's it. :wink:

I have full confidence in the Bitwig guys.

Piano roll functionality might not be top of the list, but I'm sure they will appreciate that they can get a pretty quick win by making it more powerful/quicker to use.

Clip and track delays? I reckon they have the PDC stuff down and will be able to add this without too many issues.

We believe in you Bitwig!!

Yup and then we call the editor Sy Borg :oops:

Return to “Bitwig”