Bitwig Studio 1.0.8 RC1

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

timothyallan wrote:
djpremacy wrote:I reinstalled the demo and deleted all the preferences files.
Still issue with quantize time. Win8 X64 and OSX64
Just open Bitwig with 1 track Polysynth, record some chords.
When I then press quantize time in the inspector it only keeps 1 note at the same time. The rest of the chord notes are deleted. Meaning the quantize makes the clip from poly to mono. This wasnt occuring in V1.07 DEMO.
Me too. Thought I was going nuts. 10.9.2 And 1.08 rc1

Confirmed on Windows 8.1 ( 1.0.8 RC2 )

same here (OSX 10.9.2, RC2)
Legato button does funny stuff to unquantised notes too.

sl1914 wrote: Another similar case is; when you have a project open and you open a new one you have to press the button in top left corner of the UI to switch audio engine to the new project. IMO this could happen automatically. The latest project should use the audio engine.
One idea of being able to open another project simultaneously is that you can open old projects and drag things into the project you're currently working on. It's really fast the way it works now. Bitwig is able to load the other project incredibly fast because it bypasses the plugins.

If Bitwig would enable audio engine (=load the plugins) for the latest project you opened, this would render the import-side of this functionality useless. Especially since there's no other kind of "import from another project" built-in, this way has to remain as fast as it is.
Composer, animator, video producer and web designer
http://www.juhanalehtiniemi.com

lehtiniemi wrote: If Bitwig would enable audio engine (=load the plugins) for the latest project you opened, this would render the import-side of this functionality useless. Especially since there's no other kind of "import from another project" built-in, this way has to remain as fast as it is.
I'd like to hear developer's comment whether enabling the audio engine is the same as loading plugins. I do like the fact that BWS loads projects noticably faster than some other DAWs. How they accomplish this, I don't know. It's good that you pointed out that other way of working. So far I've been mostly testing things, so there has been no need to copy bits and pieces from earlier projects.

Thank you guys so much for working on the midi editor so soon after release.

Really impressed with your speed and how you listen to your users.

I am happy with my purchase.

anyone know if the overdub is working better? Being able to loop-record a few bars over and over till it's right is a big + in my book.

None of my Waves plugins load anymore on RC2. They show up, but I'm double clicking/dragging them and they never appear. Yes, they're legit.

I think I found a bug. When in fold mode and using the pointer, left single click in piano roll space that has a note above or below it will audition that note. Is that clear? 1.0.8rc2 Win8.1 x64

After playing around with the automation lane on a cutoff (Synthmaster x64) in RC2, the automation stopped responding to the lane. It showed a green light, so it should have been OK, but no automation. It stopped after I clicked on the button to show the plugin interface (the Synthmaster screen). Something I did wrong, or a bug?

Also, after, Bitwig took a while to close. It sat there for about 30 seconds before trying to close. Just a heads-up.

Oh, Win7 x64. BW 1.0.8 RC2

Can remove bookmarks now but can't change the order of them. This should be a function of bookmarks, no?

djpremacy wrote:I reinstalled the demo and deleted all the preferences files.
Still issue with quantize time. Win8 X64 and OSX64
Just open Bitwig with 1 track Polysynth, record some chords.
When I then press quantize time in the inspector it only keeps 1 note at the same time. The rest of the chord notes are deleted. Meaning the quantize makes the clip from poly to mono. This wasnt occuring in V1.07 DEMO.
confirmed in win7 64bit too.

Nice improvements in the note editor, so far... :)

But still too many double clicks for doing basic stuff (like draw/delete a note)... :(

The ideal/easiest/faster would be (imho of course):

Left click: Draw.

Right click: Delete.

This should be the default behaviour of the object selection tool on note editor... :tu:

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Cheers.

powermat wrote:After playing around with the automation lane on a cutoff (Synthmaster x64) in RC2, the automation stopped responding to the lane. It showed a green light, so it should have been OK, but no automation. It stopped after I clicked on the button to show the plugin interface (the Synthmaster screen). Something I did wrong, or a bug?

Also, after, Bitwig took a while to close. It sat there for about 30 seconds before trying to close. Just a heads-up.

The green arrow means you manually changed an already automated parameter in your plugin/fader etc. If its green, automation is bypassed. To get the automation to return to follow the automation envelope, click the green arrow to clear it.

Cheers

The change log doesn't seem to mention it, but for me (at least) the pitch bug in the inspector on Mac OSX is now fixed. The -12, -1 and +1 +12 quick re-pitch controls work again as expected. Great stuff guys! :D

Fjorko wrote:
powermat wrote:After playing around with the automation lane on a cutoff (Synthmaster x64) in RC2, the automation stopped responding to the lane. It showed a green light, so it should have been OK, but no automation. It stopped after I clicked on the button to show the plugin interface (the Synthmaster screen). Something I did wrong, or a bug?

The green arrow means you manually changed an already automated parameter in your plugin/fader etc. If its green, automation is bypassed. To get the automation to return to follow the automation envelope, click the green arrow to clear it.

Cheers
gotcha, thanks!

Return to “Bitwig”