Always On Sidechain

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am create a baseline which is pumping(sidechain) by kick using Dynamics plugins. we know that when kick is off, sidechain can't work. so have any tips, where sidchain can work without the kick. my concept is kick sound is off but bassline pumping by kick means always on sidechain.
Sory my language ....

They'd need to add "source: channel x (pre-mute/solo)", which would be awesome.

Also, side-chaining from individual modules from the drum machine.

Also, side-chaining from individual modules from the drum machine.
+1

Yes, useful in general, but how would this help in this case? If there is no kick playing in the pattern, it would not sidechain, regardless of pre- post- mute etc.
Just create a track with a kick for the full song length and mute it in the arrangement. Take that as your sidechain source instead of the kick you can hear.
Then you have a kick for your song you can hear and an independent "control" kick you can't hear, just for controlling the side chaining. And now you can place the kicks independent of each other for effects. Rocks.

I may have jumped to conclusions with my answer. The OP said "when kick is off", which I took to mean "muted".

Sorry if I created any confusion.

And set sidechain to pre-fader to be able to listen in in solo mode

UltraSniffy wrote:They'd need to add "source: channel x (pre-mute/solo)", which would be awesome.
It's work :) Thank You.
UltraSniffy wrote:Also, side-chaining from individual modules from the drum machine.
I can'i understand.

Dom, Bitwig, please...a feedback on this one would be amazing:
urbangipsy wrote:
I cannot think of a better way to select sidechain source in plugins than the Logic system. On every compressor, native or VST, and many other plugins you can select a sidechain source via dropdown menu. On of the strongest points in Logic for me.

Please Bitwig! ;)

If you create a ghost kick track and mute it, when you select the track as the sidechain source and make it pre-fader that should provide the functionality you're looking for.

True, but this is still a work around.

Ghost kicks are the usual practise for this kind of stuff..or wich DAW is different there?

Another way would be to use the Step Mod or LFO or a combination of them .. or paint automation. But ghostin' it would be the easiest way!
:hug:

UltraSniffy wrote: Also, side-chaining from individual modules from the drum machine.
-> THIS! +10
configurable outputs for each drummachine (pad) module

Return to “Bitwig”