MIDI Controllers just a toys?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lmexx wrote:And none of them use any kind of MIDI controllers to work with. Only a simple MIDI keyboard and a mouse.
Not only keyboard and mouse. Look here for example and try to find all your favorite producers: http://equipboard.com/pros/nicky-romero ... ch_results

lmexx wrote:Hi 2klo!

I did and what i see is he making mashups of his already produced tracks...maybe i saw something wrong?
Exactly, Performance is a big part of being an EDM producer/artist. That's the way you make a living these days. If all you want is write music in the studio and never get out to promote and play your music to the crowds, then sure you don't even need a mouse or a keyboard. Just use a laptop and you can write all of it in it. However, I think the fun of it all is when you can perform your music to people in a manner a bit more involved than just pressing play.

2klo wrote:Hi Imexx,
check out some videos with Madeon. It might change your mind about controllers.

irrelevant really. Controllers for live use are pretty common, hundreds of acts use them.

OP is more concerned about production, most controllers weren't designed for production until recently stuff like Maschine, Push and Spark.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:
irrelevant really. Controllers for live use are pretty common, hundreds of acts use them.

OP is more concerned about production, most controllers weren't designed for production until recently stuff like Maschine, Push and Spark.
Of course, it's relevant. Just because it's used live doesn't mean you can't use it in production. It's like saying a guitar wasn't designed for production. So, we shouldn't use it in the studio? Tons of people use MPC style drum pads to record drum parts live as opposed to drawing it with the mouse. A little openness of mind is what evolves a genre. If you do it like everyone does it in Future Music Videos then it's stagnant. It's all about what feel you want to give the track and what is comfortable for the producer to achieve that feel.

lmexx wrote:
The LT wrote:Registered just to answer the guy,

6. If you seriously plan to be a professional "progressive house" producer and expect to make a living out of it, I seriously suggest you reconsider. Educate yourself, learn your tools and aspire to be a professional producer in other, more serious genres. Look into the film/movie industry or videogames.
I agree with you on all points...But why you suggest to reconsider this? Can you pls explain more?
Reconsider does not mean abandon it. If that is your cup of tea, by all means, go for it! But give it more thought, that's what I meant. Sorry for not making it clear.

Lazers just a pointers?

lmexx wrote: The guys like Avicii, Nicky Romero, SHM, Hardwell etc...And none of them use any kind of MIDI controllers to work with. Only a simple MIDI keyboard and a mouse.
They can't afford computer fail on stage. So they use Pioneer deck on stage. As for production purpose, computer, mouse and simple midi keyboard is still the fastest way to input to your computer. I don't think midi controllers are toy, they have a certain amount of reliability.

Return to “Bitwig”