Cubase 8 Release Date?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

Since I don't use the "Strip", I never bothered.

But file a FR, and hope that it will be ported by Cubase 11 in 2020. The "Instrument Channel 2.0" (unlock of the limitations) took them only since Cubase 4... this is a bit over half a decade...
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox/VitaminD: Thanks for the info on the (rare as hens teeth) upgrade sales. I'll maybe put aside a fiver every week on the offchance I may upgrade in future. When that dark day appears and C7.5 no longer runs (or no longer runs my plugins) I may have enough aside for an upgrade. :D

With 30% off on upgrades until aug 31st - might tell a story.

They don't want these upgrades to get cuortesy upgrades one can assume.

What is it - one month cuortesy free upgrades?

lfm wrote:With 30% off on upgrades until aug 31st - might tell a story.

You can upgrade and wait to register during the grace period. That's worked so far.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

can somebody please f**king tell me why no other daw manufacturer can copy cubases ease of workflow and why cubase has for the past few years been a piece of unusable shit? thanx.

SJ_Digriz wrote:

You can upgrade and wait to register during the grace period. That's worked so far.
Thanks.

So activate it - but not register?

No invoices to confirm date of purchase or similar - which I encountered on other stuff of other brands?

Cheapest I found so far was actually on Steinberg shop(10% below Thomann) - so no chance to fool them with that.

AstralExistence wrote:can somebody please f**king tell me why no other daw manufacturer can copy cubases ease of workflow and why cubase has for the past few years been a piece of unusable shit? thanx.
Running Elements 7 now - I have a few quirks I don't like so much - but it really works well.

Halfhearted track template through this track presets thingy - but C75 does not have this either.
You have to enter plugin selection dialog and go up the list and select "NO VST plugin" to remove it. You cannot just click and mark in plugin bay and press Delete like any other daw I saw.
Once applied a track or vst preset you cannot remove it - it's stuck there. You can only select another preset.

Talking to support they did not even know what I was talking about - the field for selecting in Inspector was removed in 7.5. I had to send them screendumps or they wouldn't believe me.

Cubase is running really smooth - so upgrade might happend....

oh yeah? what about the asio red light bug?

Steinberg is 30 years old, that might also tell a story. Also, the discount is only for Soundsets and Cubase, not everything else in their arsenal.

Then again - it wouldn't surprise me if Steinberg purges upgrade paths from earlier Cubase versions. They do so once in a while, mostly even combined with sales.

I still don't expect Cubase until Oct/Nov.
We just got a WL8.5 upgrade (13-06-2014), we just got Nuendo 6.5 (22-07-2014), Cubasis iOS got updated to 1.8.1 (so I think v2 is soon due as well, 07-07-2014), Connect Performer was updated (29-07-2014), some of the VSTi (Groove Agent 4!, 29-07-2014 according to Twitter).

Just take a look at the news:
http://www.kvraudio.com/developer/steinberg

Either Steinberg is really pushing on the acceleration pedal, or we might not see anything until Spring 2015. Which is highly unlikely, considering the upgrade cycles from last years - then again, criticism doesn't cut off either on GS, KVR, Steinberg's own board, social media and where have you.

Your solution to the dilemma to show Steinberg that "you're doing it wrong":
Stop supporting them with your money. Speak with your wallet.

My last updates will be 7.5 and WL8.5 (once I have the funds, probably mid Autumn). After that... I'll probably sit it out for a while. Waiting for S1 v3, while having an eye on both the next FL Studio and Reaper's development.

I did enough Beta Testing for them without any further benefit.

AstralExistence wrote:oh yeah? what about the asio red light bug?
Might maybe be fixed by C9 - won't be fixed in the C7 cycle (at least this is what they told me, see "ASIO Issues"). If ever - since that's obviously a 3rd Party Developer problem. :roll:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

then why is lfm saying cubase works smoothly for him???

^^ they'll probably abandon 32 bit and focusing on 64 , so things can only get better.

AstralExistence wrote:then why is lfm saying cubase works smoothly for him???
cubase 7.5.2 works fine here

budweiser wrote:
cubase 7.5.2 works fine here

seriously? and no red light bug? what did you do to stop it? it not like i have a shitty pc w8 16 gigs ram i74770. well then ill try it again.

I have the problem like everybody else (i suppose), but only with some plugs (last one is air music tech strike - not to name it), and mainly in 32 bit. 64bit runs smooth on w7 64, 8 gig ram, intel q6600 quad cpu (not a top notch pc).
To be honest i find c7.5.2 to be a very usable daw.

Is it purely a Cubase issue - or possibly related to interface and drivers etc?

I run RME HDSP 9632 with their zero cpu technlogy.
If running USB interfaces etc would be different I assume.

And I run 48/24 - not 96/24 - guessing this matters too.

And so far I left default settings for ASIO Guard on Cubase. So default setting 5ms roundtrip latency becomes double that with ASIO Guard on. And having zero threshold no plugins are excluded - but on monitored tracks.

And not having issues yet does not mean it will not show eventually.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”